You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

September 27, 2021, 02:38:23 pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Viewing likes and dislikes in a profile  (Read 378 times)

Offline TeamVelmaTopic starter

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • What does this button do?
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Viewing likes and dislikes in a profile
« on: June 24, 2021, 03:55:45 pm »
Now, it's been a long, very long week so this might be some kind of fever dream but weren't we able to view a person's profile to see the kind of things they liked and didn't like? 

There's probably some obvious announcement where this is all explained that I've completely missed.

Offline Chasing Dreams

• Head is in the clouds.
  • Oracle
  • Enchanter
  • Finally living again!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Viewing likes and dislikes in a profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 04:03:07 pm »
That option has gone away because the O/O matrix is going away. It is recommended that members create an O/O's thread and look at the O/O's thread of potential writing partners.

Offline Amberly

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • Play With Me
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 08:56:56 pm »
I can't seem to find any thread on why this change is being made.

Offline Chasing Dreams

• Head is in the clouds.
  • Oracle
  • Enchanter
  • Finally living again!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 09:10:28 pm »
I can't seem to find any thread on why this change is being made.
This thread talks about it a little.

Offline Manaan

• Submission is a wonderful thing
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • Peace is a lie, there is only passion...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 12:12:19 pm »
For someone like me the O/O matrix was nice, because I could use the Find Partners tab, which I assume will be going away, to find partners who played female characters who were dominant. With this going away that type of a search is next to impossible without just simply browsing EVERY single O/O thread out there, unless I am just bad at using the normal search feature.

Offline Geraint

• RomanceCrack Dealer and Propigator of Plot Bunnies (when the spirit moves) Cunning Linguist and Dispenser of Doggerel ♂️ Avatar from Mith
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Location: Someplace Out of this World, be it Historical, Hysterical, Fantasy, Modern, Romantic, or Truly Twisted
  • "There's no rush...but I can't wait"
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 12:13:24 pm »
This thread talks about it a little.
So, does this mean that since the matrix was cited as the primary reason for not implementing Elkarte sooner, that the arrival of Elkarte, with or without  a matrix replacement, is imminent?

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!!!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 02:20:53 pm »
For someone like me the O/O matrix was nice, because I could use the Find Partners tab, which I assume will be going away, to find partners who played female characters who were dominant. With this going away that type of a search is next to impossible without just simply browsing EVERY single O/O thread out there, unless I am just bad at using the normal search feature.

Except for the fact that the 'Find Partners' tab explicitly says that 'Gendermatching is not enabled yet because not enough people have filled out their partner preferences for it to be worthwhile.'  It was also the portion that caused the most difficulty for people to fill out correctly, and I've seen multiple matrices where someone filled out the 'gender matching' section with what partners they were looking for instead of what they actually wrote themselves.

There is a Registry List where people have publicized certain types of characters that they play, and I see that one is focused on people who play Dominant Characters.

Offline victoria4

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2021, 10:29:33 pm »
Except for the fact that the 'Find Partners' tab explicitly says that 'Gendermatching is not enabled yet...
Proper gendermatching did not work, but because "Find Partners" showed "Characters I Play" for all matches, it was a snap to find preference-matches and scan for gender (even though many entered those incorrectly).  Just to support Manaan!  But it's OK, most of us will be considerably better off with the switch (and the old profile wasn't accessible at all to some users).

Thanks for the reminder about Registry Lists.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 10:31:08 pm by victoria4 »