You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 17, 2021, 05:22:33 am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: [M seeking any] Hobvin's Interests and What He's Looking For  (Read 657 times)

Offline HobvinKNTopic starter

• [very sophisticated and witty title goes here]
  • Lord
  • Orgiest
  • How did I get here?
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
[M seeking any] Hobvin's Interests and What He's Looking For
« on: March 08, 2021, 11:21:26 pm »
Hello! I'm Hobvin, and I'm basically new here and... well, as my introduction thread said, it's been a long time since I was on any kind of roleplaying forum. So, I'm gonna give a few details about myself when it comes to roleplaying. Some are in my On/Off thread (which I suggest reading before RPing with me just so you know what I'm okay and not okay with), but this is just to help specify some things that may not be as clear in that thread.

How I Roleplay:
I think of words to type, and then I type it. ...Technically accurate, but joke answer aside...

How I Really Roleplay:
I have, on and off, over 10 years of roleplaying experience, though I don't consider myself an expert on it. I don't have a degree in advanced lit, I don't see myself as an expert/professional-level writer or as a weaver of imaginative fantastic worlds and concepts and characters or anything like that. I'm just a guy who likes RPing. Nothing special or fancy to it.

My writing style tends to be at least a couple of decent-sized paragraphs if I can help it, though depending on what's going on, my posts could be anywhere from one large paragraph to a slew of several paragraphs (it might tend to more paragraphs at the start of a RP to set things up), so it can vary. There's usually a decent amount of detail in what I write, and I try to make the descriptions less like cabinet assembly instructions and more colorful and even playful in their descriptions. I usually have a vivid imagination and working to describe what I come up with is part of the fun of RPing for me. That said, I like to think I can be expressive in an efficient manner and try to find the balance between "wordy enough to express things properly" and "let's not make this longer than it needs to be".

I can play more than one character at a time, but I won't require you to do the same if that happens. So if you need me to play 2+ characters at a time, not a problem.

OOC interaction is more than welcome! Feel free to discuss the RP, ideas you have, particular interests, etc.! I like talking to roleplaying partners outside of the story we're doing, and I want to know they're enjoying themselves and are comfortable talking to me. That said, please do not go right at me with cybering or whatever else you call it. I enjoy talking about smut, don't get me wrong, and I don't mind people who act a little flirty, but don't go overboard with it please.

As for how frequently I post/respond, I try to do so whenever I can, but I may be slow to respond sometimes due to life stuff, so please be patient with me on that. I hope to get a post up within a week ideally, but sometimes it may be sooner or later. I'm okay with you reminding me about the RP, but you don't have to worry about me dropping it or ghosting you. If something happens and I am unable to continue, or need to take a break from it, I will tell you.

As for where I will roleplay: I am fine with doing it in threads here, in PMs (though Elliquiy's current system can make it a pain to easily follow a RP done through DMs), or on Discord. Whatever is most comfortable with you.

If you have any questions or such, please feel free to reply to this thread, or to send me a DM.

Some Stuff About What I Roleplay:
First, I want to specify that I will only play characters who are at least 18 years old. I know that 16-year-old and 17-year-old characters are acceptable on this site, but personally I am not comfortable playing those. I'm okay with partners playing characters of that age as long as it's in a non-sexual setting; if it's sexual, I politely ask that your characters be 18+.

As for other character stuff... I've played both male and female characters and am comfortable with playing either, but I haven't played intersex/transgender characters because I don't know if I can play those properly as I'm cisgender and feel I don't have enough information and understanding on intersex/transgender people to feel comfortable playing those. I have nothing against them at all, I just don't want to risk screwing them up if that makes sense. In that same vein, I've mostly done M/F pairings, though I have done F/F and M/M stuff and have no problem with those. I'm also fine with threesomes/orgies/group sex, including bisexual interactions during those scenarios.

I can do dominant, submissive, or switch characters. However, if I am dom, I tend to be more of a service/pleasure dom who is teasing, seductive, talkative, that sort of thing. I'm not very good at being aggressive/forceful/mean/etc., so please keep that in mind.

I am fine with roleplays being more story-driven, smut-driven, or any mixture of both - I don't really do story/smut ratios because with all due respect, it seems silly to quantify an exact amount of smut compared to not-smut that you prefer in stories. I'm also fine with both longer RPs and quick one-shots. So if you want to do a longer and more story-driven RP, or a short little one-shot that's smut-driven or geared towards a particular interest, I am okay with that!

I'm mostly familiar with roleplaying original settings and/or characters. I haven't done very much stuff set in a canon/fandom setting, although I have done stuff with some canon/fandom characters who were inserted into an original settings. I tend to play OCs, but I can play canon/fandom characters depending on the character in question.

I should also warn that I am inexperienced with game systems like D&D, Warhammer 40K, Vampire: The Masquerade and such, or much general knowledge of such. I say that because I've noticed there are a number of people here who play those games and who make RPs set in or influenced by them, and unfortunately I don't really have any experience in that. I'm not against doing RPs built around those, but understand that I may be a little shaky due to being new to it.

Other than that, I think I can be flexible regarding what kind of story, setting, characters, etc. that we are working with.

What I'm Looking For in a Partner:
I am actually pretty laid-back about what I'm looking for in a roleplay partner, and I don't have strict or specific requirements in mind for people I want to roleplay with. But I will go into detail about the usual stuff people want to know about that subject.

Post Length: I don't have any requirements or specifics on what post length I want from the people I roleplay with. It can be one big paragraph or a whole wall of paragraphs, I'm fine with either. However, I would like some details and would prefer to not have a short one-sentence type deal. Other than that, I don't have any problems with post length. Write as much as you feel you have to.

Post Frequency: I have no requirements on this at all. Life sometimes gets in the way of things and people may not be able to post as frequently due to personal stuff or fatigue or simply their muse going silent. All of these have happened to me before, so I completely understand if this happens. Take your time. I won't rush you. I may message you once in a while to see how you're doing, but I won't force you to post in a certain timeframe or make any demands of such. I want the people I roleplay with to feel comfortable and to be able to write comfortably.

OOC Talk and Communication: This one seems like a given, but I do like talking to partners outside of the RP. And please do not hesitate to communicate about the RP or anything related to it. If you lose interest in the RP and want to stop it, that is okay!

Literacy: I'm fairly forgiving on this, as I have RPed before with people who did not speak English as a first language. I won't demand that you write like someone with an advanced lit degree or who has written and published many books. As long as I can understand what you are saying, I am not picky about the level of literacy here.

What I Like and Am Interested In:
There's quite a bit of stuff that I like in terms of fandoms, story ideas, settings/worlds, etc., and I'll list as many as I can think of here, but this is not by any means a hard, definitive list of what I like. If you're not sure how I feel about a thing that's not listed here, feel free to ask me! There's probably stuff I haven't listed here that slips my mind.

Fandoms:
  • Alien
  • Fallout (particularly Fallout: New Vegas)
  • Final Fantasy VII (mostly the original game)
  • Hellsing
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
  • Mass Effect (minus Andromeda)
  • Star Wars
  • Steven Universe

Settings:
  • Pulp science fiction (e.g. the 1980 Flash Gordon movie).
  • "Used future" science fiction (e.g. Cowboy Bebop, Alien).
  • In a similar vein, is there a name for that kind of grungy, industrial sci-fi aesthetic that was a thing in the late 1990s and early 2000s like in Titan A.E.? I really like that too.
  • Fantasy settings, whether high or low or urban.
  • (Bonus points if the setting has a 1980s/1990s aesthetic to them. I'm not just talking neon and vaporwave stuff, I mean like nostalgiacore-type stuff, you know?)

Pairings:
  • Friends with benefits
  • Monster boy / female human
  • Monster woman / male human
  • Muscular woman / male
  • Older woman / younger man
  • (I am also okay with threesomes, orgies, group sex, and polyamorous relationships. This includes bisexual pairings.)

Story Ideas:

Here is what I have for stories and ideas I'd like to explore. More will be added in the future.

The Jewelry Store
(Steven Universe - F character x any)
The Jewelry Store
(Steven Universe fandom)
(F character/s x any, NSFW)

THEMES: modern sci-fi/fantasy, character-driven, casual sex and exploration of fetishes/kinks/interests

After the events of the series, relations between Earth and "Homeworld" - a far-off planet inhabited by sentient gems - improved significantly, and gems became more integrated into Earth's society and culture. Some went off to work in various professions that, back in the day, they were literally made to do - excavation, forging, any job you can think of. But while most gems were fine with fulfilling the jobs they were born to do.

Homeworld society followed a very strict, regimented order, with gems in their own castes, and deviation from the norm - such as with "off-color" gems - was not tolerated. This included gems who had particular interests that they were unable to fulfill for one reason or another. But once the third Homeworld Era started and gems started to appear on Earth, these gems came to Earth and saw that it was a place where they could be more free to explore the interests they had mostly kept locked away for ages. Some of those gems then got together with the idea of creating a place for gems and humans like them to explore those interests in a safe and comfortable environment, not only to allow them to let out steam but to help understand humans and Earth culture more.

And thus, the gems formed a club for gems and humans alike to come together and explore their interests: a place colloquially known as the "Jewelry Store" because of a joke about the place having gems on display for others to admire.

This was a broader idea I had out of the thought of different gems catering to specific interests and then figuring out how that would work in the canon of the show. Part of the inspiration for this idea actually came from the show M*A*S*H, in the sense of centering the story on a particular location and focusing on the characters who work there, their personalities, and their interactions with each other and with people who come to their location.

There would be plenty of smut, don't get me wrong, but it would also be interesting to see these personalities bounce off of each other. This could be a one-on-one RP or a small group thing, I am not sure which would fit it better.

I have several character ideas related to this idea, but none of these are set in stone; these are ideas to illustrate the type of character that would be in this scenario, and I am willing to discuss character ideas. I've included images for these characters as reference for what that gem type looks like in general.

• Holly Blue Agate
    : She works as a domme, but is more of a "gentle dom"/service top, owing to her being a kinder and sweeter soul who's completely unlike the Holly Blue Agate seen in SU. Before Era 3, she was overseer to a group of gems who had difficulty following orders and thus she was brought in to discipline them. She initially had difficulty managing and motivating those gems before eventually figuring out a method that worked: she developed a persona that, while patient and understanding and matronly, was also assertive and made it clear that her authority wasn't to be questioned. Over time, this became part of her nature and is naturally a warm and understanding person... but if she has to put her heel down, she will without question.
  • Biggs Jasper
    : A former Homeworld soldier who has some self-consciousness and self-image issues due to her constantly comparing her performance and capabilities to others in her squadron. Even though she's physically identical to other quartz soldiers and has no defects, some part of her has always felt she's not as strong or as capable as others, which eventually tied into her particular interest: muscle worship and adoration. What started out as compliments from other gems for what she could do and what she was made for became something of a fetish to her, loving the idea of being admired for her physique and her power, especially in comparison to "weaker" lifeforms like humans or non-quartz gems.
  • Green Lapis Lazuli (image is for character and not color)
    : One of many Lapis Lazulis who served terraformers. However, Green was always considered a lower-quality gem compared to other Lapis Lazulis due to her Kindergarten having lower-quality materials to create gems. This led her to focus on her job more than anything else to show that the quality of her gem didn't matter, and while she became very good at what she did, this made her rather un-sociable - she doesn't dislike socializing, she just generally doesn't see much of a purpose to it. As a way of unwinding, she uses her hydrokinesis for whatever she can imagine, which included a form of bondage on herself to vent her frustrations in a healthy manner.
  • Pearl
    : A Pearl who always held a high opinion of herself and her appearance, often to the consternation of her owner. While Pearls are supposed to be glorified accessories to their high-caste owners, this one frequently sought to be the center of attention and make sure that everyone nearby knew how magnificent and remarkably crafted this Pearl was. Even constant discipline from her owner did nothing to diminish her desire to be admired and fawned upon, to see exactly the effect that her appearance has on others, hence her interest in body worship.
  • Star Sapphire
    : A Sapphire who was advisor to a high-class gem that was always on the high-strung side due to their responsibilities. To help this gem maintain focus and not be overwhelmed with stress, she developed a particular way of speaking to them that helped keep them calm and collected, which she later discovered was not unlike something that humans called "hypnotism". Curious about this new thing, she studied hypnotism and how it worked, even using humans kept in gem captivity to test and refine her technique, and her precognitive abilities allowed her to see the extent that she could influence others through hypnotism. Star Sapphire is one of the more popular gems in the Jewelry Store because she often talks to people who feel anxious or nervous about coming in and she does what she can to make them feel welcome and comfortable.

Sentai/Power Rangers-inspired ideas
Sentai/Power Rangers-inspired ideas
(original setting)
THEMES: modern sci-fi/fantasy, action, comedy

After talking with someone about a superhero-centric RP, I got to thinking about sentai shows and wanting to do something like that. I don't have a concrete singular thing I want to do in that vein, but I have several ideas that can be workshopped.

I am open to NSFW being in these stories, though my ideas for these stories are vague and therefore I don't have any concrete ideas on how NSFW would be integrated into the story. I'm open to discussing these ideas!

Idea #1: Someone who has been a fan of Power Rangers and the like manages to develop their own morpher that enables them to become a sentai hero and starts out dealing with low-level crime before moving up to larger and possibly more serious stuff. Alternately, instead of the hero-to-be making their own tech, they know someone who is a tech genius and made the morpher, and they serve as support on the hero's missions.

Idea #2: The hero-to-be discovers the morpher technology in some way, shape or form. It could be alien technology, some high-tech secret project, who knows.

Idea #3: The hero-to-be is recruited into an organization that was put together to fight some menace. This is closest to a typical sentai/PR setup.

Taken by an Orc Girl
(M character x F, NSFW)
Taken by an Orc Girl
(original setting)
(M character x F)

THEMES: fantasy, dominant female/submissive male, gentle dom/sub

I absolutely love this video series by Dangerous ASMR where the listener gets caught by a possessive/yandere orc girl and is basically taken in by her as her lover, and I would love to do something in this same vein!

If you have any ideas related to fandoms or settings or the like in this list, let me know!

One more thing... I'd like to think I'm fairly approachable. If you have any ideas for things you want to do or whatever else comes to mind, go ahead and message me! Don't feel shy about it, ask me anything.

I guess that's all for now. So, have a nice day, and thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 09:17:32 am by HobvinKN »

• Lord
  • Orgiest
  • How did I get here?
  • View My Rolls
Re: [M seeking any] Hobvin's Interests and What He's Looking For
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 07:47:10 am »
EDIT: Added information on post/response time, and added a text list of characters I am interested in roleplaying with/as.

• Lord
  • Orgiest
  • How did I get here?
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 11:31:12 pm »
EDIT: The character list is gone. Just didn't feel right to keep it there.

• Lord
  • Orgiest
  • How did I get here?
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 02:56:53 am »
A monthly bump. I've reworked the format and provided more clarity in what I originally wrote, as well as added "The Jewelry Store" as an idea to explore.

• Lord
  • Orgiest
  • How did I get here?
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2021, 09:33:50 am »
I've added the story idea "Taken by an Orc Girl", as well as some ideas for something sentai/Power Rangers-inspired.