You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

November 30, 2020, 07:37:58 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

"Consort of Midnight"
Congratulations "Phobetor & Wistful Dream" for completing your RP!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Leon's List of Historical RP Desires (M lf F, various plots and themes)  (Read 215 times)

Offline Leon WeberTopic starter

Let's Give Historical RP Some Love Too

So, I am a huge history nerd. I wouldn't call myself a Historian that's a title reserved for people with credentials which I do not have. However, I do love history. I love studying it, reading about it, watching historical dramas, reading historical fiction, playing video games that take place during historical time periods, and probably more than any of those others. I love doing historical roleplaying. History is ripe with interesting times and places that can give way to many great scenarios for characters to explore and I think doing this with a partner is one of the most awesome ways to appreciate history even if its not totally 'accurate'. I wouldn't say that I am a big fan of establishing already alternative histories for the start of an RP but rather altering history through the actions of our characters in the RP. My main comfort zone is European history between the Hellenistic Age up through the Beginning of the Reinassance but my general knowledge extends probably from around the Ancient Greeks to the Napoleonic Era. I'm also not only knowledgeable about European History and have a decent handle on periods of Asian History as well though my knowledge where Africa and Pre-Colonial North and South America are concerned is fairly limited.

This is not to say that I am completely opposed to some fantastical or mythological elements as well. Many cultures and peoples were incredibly superstitious, many groups, especially with regards to the Northern European Pre-Christian cultures, believed that Gods walked among them in disguise to observe and test mortals. But most of the themes I like to explore in the Historical Fiction genre of RP involve character relationships that deal with cultural and religious clashes, preferably both, politics, ancient and medieval warfare are also things I love to include in RP's but anything and everything is up for discussion. My O/O's are linked in my signature for those who want to know what my sexual preferences are and here I will list some story themes I'm looking to explore in specifically historical RP settings and after that I will also list some specific scenarios that I have in mind already.

Themes Included:
-Romance
-Apprehensive Romance
-Arranged Marriages
-Political Intrigue
-Warfare
-Traveling/Adventure/Exploration
-Desperate Struggles (Whether they be martial battles, political battles, overcoming adversity of any kind really)

First Prompt: The Danelaw

The Danelaw
When the Norse invaded the British Isles the Isles was by no means a single cohesive Kingdom or even culture. It was a series of petty Kingdoms struggling for dominance that were then invaded by a large Norse army in the mid-800's. The region that was ruled and settled by the Scandinavians became known as the Danelaw. But it was by no means a single entity and more or less resembled the same sort of series of small Kingdoms vying for power amongst themselves, the only common thing they shared was the legal system and traditions brought over by the Danes. The lack of any centralized or unified power is likely why it didn't last. But what if something changed this?

In this scenario I would play a young Norse Noble only recently made the head of his House, and he has ambition. Your character could be from a variety of backgrounds, but my preference for this scene is that she is a young Christian woman from among the local English nobility that is given to him in an arranged marriage to secure her family a place in his good graces.

Themes Included:
-Apprehensive Romance
-Arranged Marriage
-Political Intrigues
-Possible Warfare
-Culture and Religion Clash

Second Prompt: Reclaiming The Western Empire

Reclaiming The West
The Western Roman Empire was considered dead and gone by 496 AD even though the Eastern Roman Empire later known as the Byzantines launched several ultimately failed attempts to retake it from the Barbarian Kingdoms who now inhabited it. In this prompt I would be playing the role of a young Eastern Roman General who was tasked with the daunting prospect of retaking the Western Empire for the Eastern Empire. This RP prompt can take place in almost any period from the Early Dark Ages to the High Medieval Period and obviously the connotations of such actions will vary wildly depending on what time period we decide to go with. Who your character is in this scenario could be anything from a female Warrior Woman, perhaps originally an enemy who becomes friends and even lovers with the young Roman General to a foreign noblewoman who is given to him as an attempt to secure peace from the new Roman Expedition Force. She could be from anywhere really, French to North African or Middle Eastern leaving room for possible Cultural and Religious clash.

Themes Included:
-Romance
-Definite Warfare
-Light to Heavy Political Intrigue
-Apprehensive Romance
-Possible Arranged Marriage
-Culture Clash
-Possible Religion Clash

Third Prompt: Alexanders Lost Son

Alexanders Lost Son
This Rp would involve my character being the unknown son of Alexander The Great. Born in secret and only a select few are aware of even the idea that he may or may not exist. Of course when his father died and he saw his Empire broken apart he had to flee to another part of the world to escape the wrath of any who might seek to harm him to prevent him from attempting to claim the right to his Fathers lands. This RP takes place in the Hellenistic Period, after Alexander died in 323 BC his Generals split up his empire into several Kingdoms, the main ones being the Seleucid Empire, Ptolemaic Egypt, The Kingdom of Antigonos, and Baktria. Who your character is can vary from a noblewoman in a court he is hiding in, or perhaps he hides himself among the common people and falls in love with your character who is a common woman. Of course this RP will likely lead to the idea of him trying to return to Macedon and the Middle East to reclaim his fathers empire.

Themes Included:
-Romance
-Warfare
-Political Intrigue
-Possible Cultural and Religion Clash

Fourth Prompt: Vinland

Vinland
This RP would follow the Norse attempts to colonize North America. MC Would be a young Norse Explorer leading one of these attempted colonial expeditions, his goal is to succeed where others have failed and establish a permanent Norse Colony in North America. Your character could be a female settler who came with or possibly even a Native American who his colonists either befriend or even enter into conflict with. The main themes this RP would be dealing with are of course exploration and adventure. Of course there are a lot of different directions an RP like this can take so I prefer to keep the general direction this play would go to be more open ended and up for discussion.

Themes Included:
-Romance
-Action-Adventure
-Possible Warfare
-Unlikely but possible Political Intrigue
-Culture Clash

Fifth Prompt: The Wanderer

The Wanderer
This is simply a far more vague and open ended idea. This prompt can take place at any place, any time period in history. My character in this scenario is merely what the title states. A wanderer, roaming the world in search of adventure, riches, or perhaps just out of sheer curiosity. Your character can be whatever you want them to be, they will become entangled and perhaps he becomes caught up in whatever shenanigans she is involved in or perhaps she will choose to travel with him and they will wander the earth together discovering who know's what in who knows where.

Themes Included:
-Romance
-Exploration
-Possible But Unlikely Warfare
-Possible Political Intrigue
-Possible Cultural and Religious Clashes

Sixth Prompt: The Queen's Return

The Queens Return
This prompt is more geared towards but not restricted to more dominant female partners. Again that's not a requirement the Queen could be sexually submissive but would still obviously need a more domineering personality. In this prompt Your character would be a Queen forced out of her throne. Could be from many places, France, England, Spain, or anywhere else. The point is that she is forced from her throne likely by her fathers Bastard Son who pushes his claim on the throne despite being an illegitimate child. My character could be a couple of different people. He could be a Lord that she takes refuge with who vows to help her take back her throne and gather more to her cause. Perhaps he was a loyal Knight and Guardian who fled with her and is trying to help her do anything within his power to bring her home and put her on the throne where she belongs.

Themes Included:
-Romance
-Possible Exploration/Adventure
-Warfare
-Political Intrigue
-Possible Cultural and Religious Clashes
-Possible Arranged Marriage/Apprehensive Romance

Yay For History

If you liked any of these prompt ideas please do not hesitate to message me so we can discuss them further! Also please make sure to check out my O/O's to see my list of interests for sexual kinks and themes I'm pretty open minded in general and am willing to explore a lot of them. If you have other ideas for Historical RP's please feel free to message me as well! I love History Based RP's and would love to do more of them. I am also interested in exploring Historical RP's including more mythological elements but I just didn't have any ideas off the top of my head for them at the moment and may add some later.

Offline noric

Re: Leon's List of Historical RP Desires (M lf F, various plots and themes)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 07:31:12 PM »
I have some aligning interests in medieval culture and or religious clash / exploration storybuilding. Hesitant to throw myself into a one on one, but perhaps we can contrive a setting for a scene or three and see what goes. Of your listed settings, I have interest in Reclaiming the West, Vinland and the Queen's Return.