You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

November 29, 2020, 10:07:44 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Gorean Inspired Setting (Hold the Misogyny) - [M for F]  (Read 158 times)

Offline BelisariusTopic starter

Gorean Inspired Setting (Hold the Misogyny) - [M for F]
« on: August 18, 2020, 11:17:39 AM »
I have been fascinated by John Norman's world of Gor for many years but find the misogyny and poor writing frustrating beyond belief. Fortunately, in a roleplay you can pick and choose the bits we like. So here are the bits I like and the bits I loath:

What I Like:
Alternate Earth setting with restricted technology
Humans transplanted from Earth over long time period
Benign Secretive Overlords who see unrestricted human development as threat to planet and themselves
Other powerful race(s) in secretive war with humans and/or benign overlords
Dangerous world where courage and strength of arms is paramount
Greco-Roman Culture
Institutionalized slavery
The concept of men and women being kidnapped and taken to alternate Earth
The contrast between living in a pre-industrial world and being privileged member of a high-tech culture.

What I Dislike
The Misogyny - the arguments to support it are so weak and repetitive I cannot express how irritating it is.
Two dimensional representations of women
Caste System - to restrictive
That such an excellent setting is ruined by grotesque misogyny

What I am looking for:

Someone to roleplay in a Gorean inspired setting as an enslaved woman opposite my dominant male. I am happy either sharing the world-building with a writing partner or taking on the responsibility as a GM/DM style role. I'd expect this to be an original setting inspired the World of Gor rather than canon. I have some ideas for world-building I'd be happy to discuss. Some of the potential story ideas:

1. YC is kidnapped and enslaved and MC (a warrior of this new world) acquires her either in the slave market or by force of arms

2. Both characters are from Earth and are kidnapped and taken to new world as slaves. MC escapes or is freed and seeks to recover YC.

3. MC is from Earth and enslaved and purchased by a wealthy woman of this new world. He escapes and enslaves her, reversing the relationship and having to survive as an outsider.

In any of the scenarios I would expect a cast of supporting characters and periods where only one of the main characters is on screen.

PM me if you are interested.