Notification Email Spam

Started by TheBlackThrone, August 01, 2020, 08:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackThrone

How do I keep notifications turned off? I could click "Unnotify" but as soon as I would post to that thread, the notification would instantly turn back on and my email would get spammed with notifications. I would like to think if I hit unnotify, then it would stay off until I wanted it turned on again.  >:(
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Godsend

Lexandria

Hi TheBlackThrone,

Under your notification tab there's an option you need to un-click that's currently telling E you want notifications for every thread you post in. It's a setting that wss accidentally turned on for everyone a little while ago. Once you manually turn that setting off it should stop tagging you for notifications.

Edit: it's the option right under the one for newsletters near the very top.

TheBlackThrone

I have no idea where any of that is.

I also have no idea what you are describing.
The gates are open

Rhedyn

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 01, 2020, 09:28:34 AM
I have no idea where any of that is.

I also have no idea what you are describing.

Hi TheBlackThrone, if I may I will lay out the steps to turn them off as Lex was describing.

1. Click on the Profile tab (located between the Search and Messages tabs above).
2. Under the Modify Profile tab click on Notifications.
3. The second option on this screeen says: 'Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.' Deselect that one so that it is not ticked and save the setting.

That should stop automatically tagging you for thread notifications. I hope that helps.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Rhedyn on August 01, 2020, 10:09:26 AM
Hi TheBlackThrone, if I may I will lay out the steps to turn them off as Lex was describing.

1. Click on the Profile tab (located between the Search and Messages tabs above).
2. Under the Modify Profile tab click on Notifications.
3. The second option on this screeen says: 'Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.' Deselect that one so that it is not ticked and save the setting.

That should stop automatically tagging you for thread notifications. I hope that helps.

Yes; thank you. That did help. I am so glad that it is off. My email was swamped.
The gates are open

Rhedyn

Wonderful, I'm glad that helped and the email spam has stopped!  :-)