Grammarly

Started by Daena, July 20, 2020, 10:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daena

Does anyone use Grammarly on E? It use to when I would write in the text box, have the little green circle that I could click to check my spelling and such, but now on E it has stopped working and I can not figure out how to get it to return. I have reinstalled the addon but it is not working and I'm a bit lost. Any ideas?
Currently Not Seeking New Rp Partners.

Nymphadora

It's still there just displaying really wonky the past few days.

Like if you mispell a word: doorbell It just self-corrected and I have the normal red underline WAY down the page for the incorrect spelling of misspell but hovering over 'doorbell' or mispell now causes the correction pop up instead of needing to hover over the red line.

So yeah, not working but working?

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

The Green One

Yeah, it's bugged or something. For me, it shows further down the screen and when I scroll down to click on it, it goes even lower... But I copy the text to WordCounter and it works just fine there, plus I get the final word count after all the corrections.

Not available for new stories

Daena

I've purposefully misspelled words and I get no red underline or anything. I just noticed that it also keeps logging me out I just noticed. Since it is half working for you two, maybe I'll uninstall it for a day or so and try reinstalling it. Just annoying! Thank you for at least letting me know it isn't just me!

Nymphadora

As per some suggestions on the Grammarly support page, I'm checking other extensions I have running. I use Chrome and have numerous extensions running all of the time.

mispell 

And still the same as I described before. So it's not some other extension doing it for me anyway...
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Daena

I have very few Chrome extensions running, but since you mentioned it, I went and checked to see if they were bothering Grammarly and it does not seem as if turning them off did anything to help.

I think there is something off with the add on itself based on what I've seen here and on the website.

Nymphadora

Tetsing it in the newly installed Edge and it is working like normal here.

Circle int he corner, red underline under the misspelled word above.

Hmmmm The plot thickens.

I've actually found that Grammarly has always had some wonkiness to it on E. Usually enlarging the textbox will line straighten it out but it is definitely not working right in Chrome currently with E. I did try it (in Chrome) on a different site and it worked normally in the text box...

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Daena

I mostly use it on E, and as you said it's always been iffy -- but it worked. In other places it works normally other than logging me out randomly.

BUT, have you looked at Sapling?

I was looking at other options than Grammarly, and I found Sapling. It works basically the same as Grammarly. The little button is popping up on E for me and is more or less identical to Grammarly which is having issues.

I will probably return to Grammarly when/if it starts working again but at least for now this one will work. Just thought I'd share! It seems to work well with E without needing to move the text box around and such.

Nymphadora

Ooo That is sharp!

Thanks for suggesting. It's working nicely!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Daena

I'm happy it works for you!!

Now hopefully it doesn't break too!

Here is hoping Grammarly gets repaired soon enough!

Nymphadora

Sapling feels almost cleaner than Grammarly ever did... But it also doesn't have as many features... meaning, being able to pick a dictionary (Canadian English for example)

If I see anything about Grammarly I'll pop something here. ;)
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Timeless

I just want to report that I'm using Grammarly on Elliquiy - and it works fine for me. I never had any issues for the past few days either. However, I'm using it on Firefox, so I couldn't really say for the other browsers.

Nymphadora

Yes, it does loook to be working completeley normally in Firefox.

Underlines in the right spots and all that.

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Daena

I've never used anything other than Chrome. Is Firefox better than chrome?

Nymphadora

It's a matter of opinion in most cases. They are very similar in functionality. You can run very much the same extensions in a lot of cases. It is faster... that is one plus. But I don't know how visibly faster it really is... I feel that's negligible myself...

I have a few notification extensions that were created to work with Google Drive and other Google things and original made for Chrome. The developper has them for Firefox as well but I fond they don't work quite as smoothly so I tend to always return to Chrome after a short while.

FF is easy to install and keep up to date. It might be worth giving it a try if you are curious. Not hard to flip between the two...
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Timeless

Quote from: Daena on July 21, 2020, 09:56:39 AM
I've never used anything other than Chrome. Is Firefox better than chrome?

I only used Firefox for E and other browsing purposes - but I do use Chrome in my workplace. I honestly think they both are rather similar, but however, I use Textarea Cache in Firefox. It works like Lazarus in where it automatically saves any content type in any text input field. From what I researched, apparently this same add-on is available in Chrome too but it isn't as stable as in Firefox. So far I have been using this add-on on Firefox and I have no problem whatsoever.

Nymphadora

So I just saw that Sapling is doing what Grammarly was originally doing when I would work on something on E... The lines are indicating errors were not under the errors until I expanded the text box. Then they snapped back into place.

Must be something in E's code maybe?
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Daena

I only see that if I hit preview then it seems to mess things up a bit. But if I just type without hitting preview everything with Sapling seems to work normally. Kind of odd - but I wouldn't be surprised if things do start messing up.

I'm sorry it's acting up for you Nymphadora!

Nymphadora

I have now removed Sapling and am trying the highest rated in extensions for Chrome https://languagetool.org/

So far so good again. *shrug*
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Daena

Oh! Nice! Let me know if that one pops up with the same issues!

Amaris

Grammarly started working properly again for me yesterday.

Esoterica

I had the same Grammarly issues recently. But I have also been having issues with Chrome and Firefox. Sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling a browser works  for Grammarly when nothing else does. Glad it sounds like its been sorted.
"The image ALT here""The image ALT here"

Nymphadora

So far no joy for me.

Gave uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome a try... Still not working.

Oh well.

Onwards!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Daena

Same Grammarly still does not want to work for me.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the add-on plus Chrome as well. So no idea.

Esoterica

I found a list of things to try when it comes to getting Grammarly to work and troubleshooting problems with it:

Check Browser Compatibility. ...
    Update Your Browser. ...
    Use Grammarly on a different browser. ...
    Reduce the Document Length. ...
    Turn Off Third-Party Antivirus Software. ...
    Turn Off the Windows Defender Firewall. ...
    Clear Your Browser's Cookies. ...
    Reset Your Browser.

Anyway if these things dont help, unfortunately I dont know what else to try. Uninstalling and Reinstalling worked for me but if there is a different issue, than it wont be enough.
"The image ALT here""The image ALT here"