Jacqueline Caery's Kushiel - Kushiel's Debut TAKEN

Started by BlackStone, June 22, 2020, 10:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStone

Kushiel's Debut
Alexander was not like his kin, or his sister.  He did not have the platinum blonde hair, the high eyebrows, the long graceful arch of the neck as others of House Courcel.  He did not look like his elder siblings at all, with the raven black hair and sea blue eyes of his mother's family, House de Morhban.  As the second born son, and honoring the traditions like any other noble house, Alexander was given to the Casseline Brotherhood.  However, he did not take his vows as tragedy struck, this ship his father and brother were upon lost at sea during a storm after leaving a state visit to Caerdicca Unitas.  Alexander was recalled back to the City of Elua, to become the Captain of the Royal Guard, and a piece in the game of courtships and alliances through marriage, something he could not due if he took his vows as a Casseline.

Not all went well for Alexander as he became involved in near heretical relationship with the heir to House Shahrizai, with the lines of consent blurred at times.  A year of near abuse left their marks upon the impressionable and near naive prince, leaving him bitter and angry, withdrawing into himself and away from court life.  Black his soul was, no longer favored but cursed instead by Blessed Elua, turning his favor away from him, and perhaps his family were allies and aid are needed as turmoil in the land threatens internal strife of a scale to sunder the land blessed by Angels.  At the center of this conflict is one blessed by Naamah, a former courtesan of the Night Court raised to nobility through family tragedy as well.  Can one blessed by Naamah heal the wounds and scars in the one name the Black Swan at court, or will she too be a victim to the evil spreading through the court and the land?"

These are both stories I never had a chance to finish and so very much wish to do so.  There still would be court intrigue as the plot to remove a Queen of impure blood from the throne is still alive.  The original name of the character was in Redemption was Angelique, but it is negotiable.  For Kushiel's Debut, the female protagonist was a twin and newly raised Duchesse, but if you would like to have the character still be a courtesan, again I am easy and flexible.  My On and Offs are in my signature block below, as well as links to my current and previous writing efforts here on E!.  If these concepts of romance and intrigue interests you at all, please, message me and lets plot.