You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

September 19, 2020, 01:04:21 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Boss Lines
Share those amazing words with us!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Tails of Monkey - Hey Adventure is still waiting  (Read 934 times)

Offline CatherineTopic starter

Re: Tails of Monkey - Hey Adventure is still waiting
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2020, 08:02:00 AM »
I could smell the smoke in the air before turning around and I was surprised to see a little fire burning there. "Um is that wise," I asked as my tail motioned towards the fire.

"Why wouldn't it be?" The monk answered with a question as he hovered lower and lower closer to the branch.

"Well it is fire and we are up in a tree. Those two usually don't play nicely together you know."

"Yes I am aware that those two usually don't work together," the monk answered as he blew into the smoke, little smoke rings popping out the other side and start to float away. Before they got too far away the monk took a deep breath and exhaled. The smoke shifted for a moment, dancing in the monk's breath. For a moment, I thought the smoke would dissipate, tired of dancing about but up it stood. It's wispy tendrils reaching for the open sky. Suddenly out of the smoke shot something, like an arrow it sliced through the air towards the rings.

One...two.....It went through the rings and when it reached the third, they all exploded
 In a shower of smokey glitter in a sort of loud POP!

"How did you?" I asked watching the glitter slowly disappear as it danced towards the ground. The monk laughed, "anything is possible if you ask nicely."

"So you asked the smoke to shoot itself and explode in glitter?"

"In a way yes," the monk answered with a nod, blowing again into the smoke. A little smoke colored dove, what other color would it be, appearing before taking off. With each beat of its wing it slowly disappeared until there was no hints of it ever being there.

I motioned with a hand towards the fire, "So that is how you are doing a fire up in a tree without it burning down to the ground,"

The monk laughed, "No, wood is a fuel for fire so no matter how nice I asked, they would never get along. So I am using a little grill to separate the two."

"What?" I asked looking down, "what was all of that asking stuff about"

"I thought I would share it with you. Sometimes even though you ask for something, you might not get what you want but you will get what you need." The monk paused for a moment and I could tell he was thinking as he floated there. "I thought that sounded familiar, that was some of the lyrics from a tumbling boulders song."

"Who?" I asked, a little more than lost.

"No not them, the tumbling boulders. Maybe before your time. Anyways like I said. Even if I asked I would never get what I asked for, fire and wood getting along together. But I did get what I needed, a small grill so that fire and wood could exist closer together." The monk motioned with a hand and a little nod of his head to an empty spot next to the fire. "Please sit."

I look around, still a little lost at what just happened, looking for anything pod like before I sit down, especially since I will be sitting cross legged. Once the legs cross anything jumping out at me will have the advantage. Be it a drop bear, the black sheep of the koala bear family, to a pod. Yeah I know, pods don't usually jump out but whatever that is in a pod can and that is usually covered in slime too. Nothing podish looking as far as I can tell, not even in the shadows which is good unless they have learned to hide.

Slowly I sit down in front of the fire, crossing my legs as I do. My tail taking up a defensive position behind me. Taking a deep breath before asking, " Okay so how do I find Audokornet?"'

((*cough cough* the wind shifted and all of the smoke is *cough cough* okay until next time))

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2020, 08:33:33 AM »
The monk just hovered for a moment, no words spoken and I am pretty sure he didn't blink either. Okay... I told myself, this is sort of weird. I look around with just my eyes to see if I could see anything odd. I mean the no words things is understandable, he has to think before he speaks but the no blinking thing was creepy. Even though my tail won't admit to it, it was shivering due to the creepiness factor.

Maybe I missed a pod, I told myself as I look around. Is that one there, no that is a pine cone. How about that over there, no that is another pine cone. How about... Nope another pine cone. Okay there is a lot of pine cones lying about, kind of odd since I don't remember seeing them down below. Maybe those are mentally controlling the monk somehow, three controllers in a way. There is only one way to test for that.

I clear my throat, "Pines suck!" Okay I admit it was not the best or most clever thing but it should work. Pines are soft, so either the pine cones will start to cry or they will tell the monk to attack me.  If they do that, I will know when I hear the monk say "Yes my pine masters....." What is about to happen?

Nothing happened though, no crying pine cones or fists of the lurking monk. Just peace and quiet broken up by the cry of the eagle flying above.

Maybe his batteries died, I told myself as I focused on the monk. Or he has a cord I need to pull for him to speak or one of those winding things.  I consider for a moment to look but yeah no. What would I say if the monk asks? 

"Excuse me, what are you doing?"

"Um....you stopped talking and blinking so I was seeing if you have a cord to pull or something to turn or maybe your batteries were dead. I guess not, everything looks good." Followed by a gentle pat on the back, "let me just clean you off..."

"Thank you."

See a little embarrassing so I guess I am going to sit and sit. But not sit for as long as I thought, which was good, sitting on wood was making my butt a little sore.

I acted surprise when the monk gasped and blinked, "What is wrong?"

"Nothing," the monk replied, "I was away looking for your answer."

"Away?" I asked, raising a brow, "we have been sitting here the whole time."

"Yes we have, but I ventured onto the astral plane to look for an answer."

"Okay.... So what did you find out?" I asked, shifting my legs a little to keep them from falling asleep.

Slowly the monk hovered around the fire, pass me and pointed out through the trees. I knew he was pointing since I butt spun around. I would tell you how it is done but it takes practice and if done incorrectly it might cost you a cheek.,

"At the edge of the woods is the grasslands, there you will find Mouse. It will be able to help you find what you are searching for."

"How will I know if I find Mouse," I asked as I stood up.

The monk laughed, "Oh you will know."

"Okay? I guess I should be leaving and thank you for everything you have done."' I told the monk with a smile as I turned to face him.

"You are welcome monkey," the monk answered back as I waved and then stepped off the branch.

((Witty comment here but witty short this morning.))

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2020, 08:23:15 AM »
The monk just hovered for a moment, no words spoken and I am pretty sure he didn't blink either. Okay... I told myself, this is sort of weird. I look around with just my eyes to see if I could see anything odd. I mean the no words things is understandable, he has to think before he speaks but the no blinking thing was creepy. Even though my tail won't admit to it, it was shivering due to the creepiness factor.

Maybe I missed a pod, I told myself as I look around. Is that one there, no that is a pine cone. How about that over there, no that is another pine cone. How about... Nope another pine cone. Okay there is a lot of pine cones lying about, kind of odd since I don't remember seeing them down below. Maybe those are mentally controlling the monk somehow, three controllers in a way. There is only one way to test for that.

I clear my throat, "Pines suck!" Okay I admit it was not the best or most clever thing but it should work. Pines are soft, so either the pine cones will start to cry or they will tell the monk to attack me.  If they do that, I will know when I hear the monk say "Yes my pine masters....." What is about to happen?

Nothing happened though, no crying pine cones or fists of the lurking monk. Just peace and quiet broken up by the cry of the eagle flying above.

Maybe his batteries died, I told myself as I focused on the monk. Or he has a cord I need to pull for him to speak or one of those winding things.  I consider for a moment to look but yeah no. What would I say if the monk asks? 

"Excuse me, what are you doing?"

"Um....you stopped talking and blinking so I was seeing if you have a cord to pull or something to turn or maybe your batteries were dead. I guess not, everything looks good." Followed by a gentle pat on the back, "let me just clean you off..."

"Thank you."

See a little embarrassing so I guess I am going to sit and sit. But not sit for as long as I thought, which was good, sitting on wood was making my butt a little sore.

I acted surprise when the monk gasped and blinked, "What is wrong?"

"Nothing," the monk replied, "I was away looking for your answer."

"Away?" I asked, raising a brow, "we have been sitting here the whole time."

"Yes we have, but I ventured onto the astral plane to look for an answer."

"Okay.... So what did you find out?" I asked, shifting my legs a little to keep them from falling asleep.

Slowly the monk hovered around the fire, pass me and pointed out through the trees. I knew he was pointing since I butt spun around. I would tell you how it is done but it takes practice and if done incorrectly it might cost you a cheek.,

"At the edge of the woods is the grasslands, there you will find Mouse. It will be able to help you find what you are searching for."

"How will I know if I find Mouse," I asked as I stood up.

The monk laughed, "Oh you will know."

"Okay? I guess I should be leaving and thank you for everything you have done."' I told the monk with a smile as I turned to face him.

"You are welcome monkey," the monk answered back as I waved and then stepped off the branch.

((I forgot how far i was up eeeeeeeeeeeeee)))