You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

July 14, 2020, 11:38:10 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Tails of Monkey - Hey Adventure is still waiting  (Read 214 times)

Offline CatherineTopic starter

Tails of Monkey - Hey Adventure is still waiting
« on: June 16, 2020, 08:25:28 AM »
((Da story of Monkey will be told in parts like the previous one. What there was more story and more words to make cry. Like before done in small parts like a bowl of chocolate chip cookies. You can eat the whole bowl at once and blame someone else. But you are going to suffer with a upset tummy. So not to get any upset tummies and people getting sick the story will told in small parts sans chocolate chips.))

"Owwwww," I say as I roll over, spitting pebbles and pieces of moss out of my mouth as I do. Every part of me is sore I think, give me a second and I will check. Let us try , Ow! How about? Ow! Yeah and what about? Okay ow! Yeah I think everything is sore.

"Are you are alright?" I ask as I push myself off the floor with one hand and my tail sweeps in front of me and gives me a thumbs up. I am not sure why it isn't sore or anything, I mean I am covered in bruises but my tail isn't. Was it all the stunt training it did years ago that kept it from getting hurt or.....

I look back the way I came and remember every rock and outcropping that I managed to hit on the way down. If I counted correctly, as I fell down the tunnel,  I think I hit every single one of them. Yeah even the one I thought I missed, somehow I hit one just right and it bounced me back to the one I missed. All along my tail dodged every single one, I remember catching glimpses of it and wondering how? But that is as far as that question got since it got knocked out of me with the next rock. So somewhere up the tunnel is a lost question and when someone ever finds it they will wonder how.

In a blink of an eye I am up, dusting myself off of course before leaning over picking up my imaginary adventurer's hat, a well worn felt fedora , and slip it onto my head. Adjusting it a little as I look around. I know how I got down here, sort of hard to forget that really. White rabbit, pocket watch and 'I am late!' I think I will need to talk to Carroll if I ever run into him and tell him that he was wrong, holes have gravity!

But where is here, I ask myself since all I can see is darkness all around me. Well except for the light coming from where I been of course, but I know what is that way so.... Hand into bag and nightlight! Nope that won't work, no electrical outlets that I can see and I don't think I packed any extension cord. I reach back in and pull out a flashlight and press the button.

CLICK!

Immediately the room is filled with squeaking and I smell something funny in the air. Bats and where there is bats there is..... Immediately I start to spit making sure there there was nothing weighing on the side of ick, still in there. I didn't need poo breath after falling down a tunnel, I already have bruises and that was enough.,

I could hear the squeaking getting louder and louder as I reached into my bag for a mint and finally realized what I was doing. Quickly I lowered the flashlight so it wasn't shining up to the ceiling, waking up and then blinding the bats that were hanging out up above, "Sorry..." Secretly hoping there was no vampire bats around, I didn't need any holes in my neck at the moment.

The beam danced around the room and I was surprised at what I saw, especially since what I was seeing was in a place it shouldn't be. More information on that later though because surprise became more surprise when two objects appeared in the beam.

Two big red glowing eyes!!! No no, did I scare you with that one, it was probably the exclamation points. I hear the more you use those the scarier a scene gets, I thought three was good. Anymore and well, I will just say well. But I am just pulling your tail, there wasn't any big glowing eyes. What I saw was two large jars with museum style labels under them.

"This could be interesting," I said to myself and oh to the bats to. I don't want to be rude and look like I am ignoring them. My mom and dad raised me good, they taught me to not ignore things especially things that are hanging above you with sharp teeth.

Interest piqued and honestly why wouldn't it. I mean coming on to two jars under ground in a room like this that screams piquing interest. Which isn't anything like Peking duck. Decision made then, I need to cross the room and see what is in the two jars.

Re: Tails of Monkey - Hey Adventure is still waiting
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 07:53:36 AM »
I start to cross the room carefully stepping over piles of white stuff. Which wasn't snow! Maybe ick snow, but not snow snow. No way would I make a snowman out of this stuff, nope no way. It is kind of nice though that someone, be it the bats or someone else, kept the white piles tidy.

Mid step I pause with that thought stuck in my head, not of the bats being organized but of someone else being down here. Quickly I flash the flashlight around, squeaks sounding off all over the place.

"Sorry," I say over and over as I look around. The beam of light revealing white columns going up and up on either side of the room and tons of folding chairs scattered all over the floor.,Whatever this place was it isn't it anymore, especially with  the bats and ick all over the place. It would be cool for a party though, well after it was cleaned up, I look around getting more and more squeaks as I do, a lot of them!

I could imagine dancing here and a band way over there. Oh I wonder how the acoustics is here. It carries a good squeak but I wonder. Slowly I point the flashlight down to the floor and clear my throat, "Do Re Me Fa So La Ti Do......" I listen intently as my voice travels around the room bringing back its passport properly stamped showing me where it has been, really there? That is cool.  I have never been there before, how was it? Really? I will have to get there someday. What did you say again? I need to try the what while I there? Ah ok I will have to remember that, thank you.

Oh my monkey, this place has excellent acoustics. Quickly I pull out a notebook, a small one and scribble some notes down and a quick drawing of the room. Okay the band here and the dance floor there and over there the hopscotch and way over there  the food and and over there something else.

I flash my light over there to make sure I can fit something else over there and a sense of wow comes over me. A mural, this makes it so much better. My light dances up it and all I can say is more wow. Who would have thought? Especially down... Was there more, I asked myself and quickly started to look around.

Angered squeaking could be heard as the flashlight's beam raced all over revealing one mural after another. This is amazing, I told myself as stood there in the middle of the room trying to catch my breath. I mean look and look and look.

I feel a tapping on my shoulder and turn my head a little, "Yes?" Hoping it is my tail and not something with little wings and teeth that goes squeak.

*imaginary hand wipe across head*

Whew! My tail is sitting there motioning upwards and I follow it up into the darkness to see if I can see what is seeing. "Yeah it is dark up there," I tell it as I start to look back down, quickly my tail sweeps in front of me and motions to the light and then up excitably. "Okay," I say with a laugh, pointing the flashlight up and okay WOW!

I just stand there, mouth open which is dangerous with bats flying around for obvious reasons. You could choke on one if it flew into your mouth thinking it was a tiny cave, which is all the rage now a days. Oh and yeah, the stuff that looks likes snow but isn't and comes out of bats' butts. I am not sticking my tongue out trying to see if I can catch any. Nope, don't even try to get me to do it. Nope. No. Not going to happen. What? You have a banana milkshake and I can have it if I..... Well..... No no no. You almost got me there.

If the murals on the walls were wow. The one on the ceiling was WOW! I mean look at it! The colors the details and the other stuff. I mean look at the clouds and the angels. It is a little creepy that their eyes feel like they are following me but still WOW! This place would be great, I would just have to cover the some of the things up though. No modesty in murals sometimes. Of course the painter could have ran out of whatever color the clothes would have been and had a lot of flesh colored paint left but I doubt that.

I jot down some more note before closing the notebook and slipping it back into my bag. "Definitely need to bring coverings," I say as I continue to walk to the boxes, catching site of another mural and slowly start to shake my head. If i didn't, people would be running into each other and the floor would be all wet because people was staring at them with their mouths open.

Carefully I step over another snow but not snow pile and climb the stairs towards the two jars. They weren't big, no bigger than a bread box and I would be so disappointed if they were just bread boxes of some sort, and sitting on wooden pedestals with little museum tags on the front of them. Which I usually ignore, it is so much more fun to name the pieces.

"This one is hmmm..... Woman with a sort of a smile and something in the background ."

"It says it is the Mona Lisa."

"See I got it right."

"Ummmmm no you didn't. You weren't even close."

"Pft, mine is better and I am sure the artist originally had that title in mind."

"I dou...."

"Shhh.... On to the next one. I am thinking it is called a bunch of fruit on a table."

So which one first? Both are interesting and piquing interest even more since I am closer to them. Hmmmmm.........

((A dramatic hmmm.... a good place to stop for now. Back next time same topic.))
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 11:20:53 AM by Catherine »

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 09:02:43 AM »
I could flip a coin but that is so random and I always say tails, which sort of bites me in the butt if I am using a two headed coin. Really both are going to be looked at and named, but which one.

The one on the left looked old and made of clay I think, decorated with what looked like some ancient decorations. You know the types; lines, circles, squiggles and some really good look stick people. The other one on the other hand looked modern, sleek and maybe in a brush aluminum with a white lid. There was nothing else remarkable about it other than the little black circle on the lid and circular shaped area at the base of the jar.

Both looked like they could hold something, possibly cookies. It would be great if they had some, I am a little nomish. Decisions..... Decisions.....

I stood there for a moment thinking. Weighing the positives and negatives of both. The one looks old and my Grammy made really good cookies, but it looks really old so they might be stale and no matter how much milk you have, it will never save stale cookies. They will always be hard and have memories of what they once were and no matter what can't be again.

* a tear and a moment of silence for all the cookies that gave ever gone stale. *

The other one, the one that looked modern, that held some possibilities. It looked new so if it had cookies they would be more fresh. But..... Something was up with that one. It was too modern for a place  like this. It had to be a trap or something. It just had to be, luring people in with hints of cookie sweetness inside. Then as the person opens the lid the trap is sprung, BLAM! There isn't cookies inside, just the ingredients to make them. Noooooooooooo.................

It would good if could just open both at he same time, but the interior designer for this place put them just out of arms reach of each other and no matter how many toes I balanced on or how far my tongue stuck out, I would never be able to reach them both.

"You" I said, pointing to the one with the promise of Grammy's cookies. No those could be really stale and I could hurt my teeth if I tried to nom them. If they are stale enough I could be petrified. Quickly I swung my arm and pointed at the other, "Then you." The thought alone of baking in this place and the special ingredient that the bats could put in just made me, no ick. ERGH!!!!

I could just turn around and leave, but my curiosity  has been piqued and it has me by the tail. If I don't look inside I will have nightmares every time I sleep. Both vases dancing around me singing in some weird Disney like film way and I would wake up in a cold sweat, blankets sticking to me and thumb in mouth.  Did I just  admit to sucking  my thumb out loud? Just pulling your tail. Hey what is that?

* Ninja art of changing the topic at an awkward moment.*

My master gave me a similar test once, placing a wax banana and a real one next to each to each other and I had to chose one. Wax bananas do not taste good by the way. Nothing like bananas at all, yeah they look like one and feel like one but that is where it ends.,I am not sure who came up with the idea of making wax bananas. They need to be sat down and told no. So how did I finally figure that out?

The bats squeak above me as I stand there and think. It was trial and error really, you can eat only so many wax bananas before you just know. Which isn't going to help me here. If the first one is blah i might not want to open the other, my piqued curiosity would be disappointed and really not be curious anymore.

Which one? Grrrr........

I look back and forth between the two jars, old and new. I start to reach with one with both hands. No.... Then pull them back and start to reach for the other. No.... I pull my hands back again and start to reach for the first one. Hands getting closer and closer. My fingers barely touch the surface of the jar before pulling them back again.

"I choose you!" I say reaching for the other jar. This is going to be good.

((Cookie jar picked... this is going to be so good. But have to wait, well shoot.))

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 08:49:14 AM »
I stop as I reach for the jar, I know how tricky some people are especially the ancients. Being forced to read the stories in school, sitting there reading them I wished they wrote in clear and understandable English, I remember how they had time to think and be creative. This creativity lead to some interesting things too, especially in the way of traps. I don't know why they decided to focus on those though, they could have done anything else but no. So there I stood thinking. Is there a trap? If so, what kind?

Slowly I start to circle the pedestal, first thing first, the trigger. It could be any number of things.

Light beams? I don't see any mirrors or reflective surfaces, which is a must for light beam triggers. Neither of those and well you don't get beams. That and if there was any, I triggered them already. Light beam triggers are usually placed at certain areas; which are over there, there and I think over there. I am here, so yeah those would have been triggered but since I am not flattened, pin cushioned or running for my life I am sure those aren't here.

Time? I don't see any clocks, so safe there too. Yes they could have hidden the clocks but those take batteries or have to be wound up every so often. Also shhh...... Nope don't hear any ticking, no ticking no clocks. Yes there are some that say they tisp, but not count down clocks. Those tick and nothing else or are silent and signal the time with other things; flashing lights maybe or music getting faster and faster. I  am not seeing or hearing either of those so that isn't the trigger.

Trigger plates on the floor? Too late if it is that, I didn't hear and clicks or see any obviously miss colored stones. That one over there looks off but I wasn't anywhere close to that. The worse kind of these type traps is the ones that have letters on them and you have to spell something out. 'What is my brother's friend's third cousin's best friend's sister's second cousin's pet's name? I hate to see what happens when you get one letter wrong. Oh and good luck. Here is a hint there is tons of letters. Have a nice day.' How am I suppose to know that?!? How would anyone know that? Is the pet's given name or its own name? Is it in the human language or the pet's own? This  is impossible!

Weighted? Pick the vase up and trigger the trap. Easily neutralized if you know how heavy the object is and you are really fast. YOINK and place. If you are a little slow you get the object but you also get the secret prize hidden somewhere, the trap!  Hey I got SMASH! That is why most adventurers carry bags with them, they may say otherwise, oh it is to carry the treasure, but it is to negate the weighted trap.

The last kind of trap is the most devious. It is the psych out trap. It makes you think there is a trap but in reality there isn't. You just stand there, walking around a pedestal, trying to figure out if there is a trap. Delaying you long enough for something to come along to either pound you or nom you. There is no way to disarm this type of trap other than disbelief, which only gets you so far after triggering a trap. You can disbelieve in the sharp blades swinging towards you or the large Boulder rolling towards you, which is a classic, but it is still going to hurt and in some circumstances a lot.

I root through my bag as I continue to circle the pedestal. There isn't any wires  that I could see or any 'for more information on this trap please call' things. So if there is a trap it will be of the weighted variety and I can.... Well poo I forgot to pack any bags. I knew I forgot something.

That leaves on one thing and it will take precision movement and precise timing. Quickly I get myself situated, legs a little farther apart and crouching just a little. Slowly I bring my hands closer and closer, stretching my fingers as I do. Need to be prepared. Anything goes wrong and something will go wrong.

Sweat drops, oops I meant I start to glisten, as my hands edge closer and closer. Three...two and one.

YOINK!

((Ending a week in a yoink is a sign of a good week maybe...  until next time, yoink))

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 07:54:31 AM »
The ceramic vase was cool in my hands, weighing just enough to let me know that I was holding it and it wasn't so heavy, that I was regretting it. I stood there frozen for a moment, looking side to side to see if there was anything shooting towards me at extreme speed. I really didn't want to have a 'Hey I got the THUNK!' moment. Those never go well at all.

Eyes to the left. Eyes to the right. Eyes up. Eyes down. Not seeng anything. Wait what was that? A blade that will double my trouble? A boulder that will smash the happy out of me. It is coming fast and making erratic movements, it is going to be hard to dodge if.... Wait, it is a bat. While ick, unless it is a vampire bat it isn't deadly unless I am an insect or a piece of fruit, which I am pretty sure I am neither of those.

Slowly I exhale the breath I didn't know was holding and relax. Whew no traps. I knew I was taking a calculated risk with the YOINK, but I need to know what is in the vase. I start to spin it in my hands, looking at all of the ancient stuff on it. I wish I stayed awake in art history class now so I would at least have some idea what all the symbols meant. Yeah they were painted in black, a nice glossy one, on the vase's red ceramics which really didn't help me any. But knowing the meaning of the symbols doesn't go into naming it, hinders it actually. Usually knowing more about an item takes the fun out of the naming process.

'I will call this white screaming thing ahhhhhh.'

'Well it says here that it expresses the fear and other emotions running through a person as they fled the ....'

''That just hinders the creativity, blah'

Curiosity of what is inside of something always makes you do several things and I pick  one of them. Carefully I place one hand on the lid and the other onto the bottom and shake. I can hear something smacking against the inside of the vase, something soft and very uncookieish.  I shake it a little harder and still the uncookie sound occurs. What could be inside the vase, I ask myself as I put it back down.

There was something in it, that I could tell. But what? Carefully I took the lid and started to lift it just enough to peek inside. Now I expected to see maybe something and not somethings, specifically a ton of little eyes looking back at me. Just staring and blinking. What is the old saying? If you stare into vase, expect it to stare back. That is what was happening and it gave me the willies and not the good ones either. "Uh hi," I said as a cold smoke started to leak out from the top of the vase.

Okay this is weird, I told myself. "Should I call the fire department or something?" I asked and got answered with hissing and crying and moaning and burping and some
 sneezing and some other sounds that I couldn't figure out.

That was a good enough answer for me and I closed the lid and took a step back. Okay that was not a cookie jar, I told myself and I had already came up with a name.

'Red vase with weird things and eyes inside', that fit perfectly I think but I wanted to see how close I got to the actual name.  I leaned in and read the museum label, chuckling to myself as I turned to the other vase. "That is a stupid name, pandora's box. Pfpht, it isn't even a box. Some people just aren't good at naming things. Now you white shiny thing with a block nob. You are next."

((How in the James Cameron do you fit a planet into a box...well vase? The ancients and their inability to correctly name things. Box or vase? Easy to figure out which is which. Vase looks vase-like and the other looks like a box. Until next time.))

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 08:20:16 AM »
The second vase just sat there teasing me. Unlike the other one which had the eyes in it, which was a little no.... Really creepy. This one I didn't get the 'I am filled with eyes' vibe, it felt different. Maybe it was because it looked modern or maybe I was secretly wishing there was a cookie inside of it.

Grumble. Grumble.

"Yeah I know," I said patting my stomach, "you are hopping there is a cookie in it too."

Like the other one, I circled the vase looking for any triggers for traps. It didn't look like there was, but triggers have a funny way if hiding too. So I circled the vase again, examining it from every possible angle and even some angles that wasn't possible. Which I learned never to do again! It looked clean, well other than the dust but that is excusable.

I could feel my hands getting antsy, they knew what was coming and they were prepared.

Grumble.

Oh yeah so was my stomach. It was imagining what type of cookie could be inside. A snickerdoodle maybe, which when done right is yummy but when done wrong tastes like wet cardboard. Chocolate chip, that would be good if it has enough chips. Too many chocolate chip cookies have only a couple chips in them. Some even get to a ridiculous low number of chips. What I like to call 'what is this?' level. Is it dough and where is the rest of the chips? Did the baker eat them and was trying to pass off a unichip cookie as a chocolate chip cookie? HUMPH! Bring me chips! Peanut butter cookie, if there was one of those in there I will have to worry about elephants. I don't want to be standing there and suddenly find a trunk in my mouth. Ew and ick! There is the black sheep of cookie kind, their name can never be said out loud for fear of summoning one and bringing destruction down on everything nearby. The no bake cookie, my mom made a batch once. They looked like nature dipped in chocolate, not tasty and probably good for you. When she left the room I moved them outside through an open window, when she asked me what happened to them I told her a flock of birds pried open the window and took them. If she didn't believe me she could go check the woods nearby. I am not sure if she believed me so I told her that they scared the cat too. Honest monkey, the cat screeched and everything before taking off. ZOOM! A family meeting was called and evidence was shown, no no bake cookies ever again. They will never find the 'cookies' bodies, I buried them deep. Like this deep but only deeper. From nature they came so back they went, I freed them in a way and if they managed to dig themselves up they can live in the woods. Cookies that are good for you blah.

I stood there for a moment thinking then pointed and announced the name of the vase proudly. It was a good name, one of the best actually. Others would be jealous of the name, "White vase with a black lid that I hope has cookies in it."

* Proud pose with hands on sides *

Now it can be opened, I told myself. It has a name now and that begs to be opened. That is the proper way of opening up strange things,  name then open and never the other way around. If you do it the wrong way, things will happen I have been told.

With one hand I reached for the lid, never questioning the circular depression in the vase. The sign of the cookie, I told myself, it just had to be. The cool almost metal but might be plastic feel to the lid was strange, I expected something heavier, I mean it was a lid. Lids should be heavy so they  can do their job. But it was light, carefully but anxious I looked inside. Hopping for a cookie. Please be something good.

((Fingers crosses be something delicious. But you have to wait. Oh the tension....))

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 08:46:38 AM »
Moments after lifting the lid something sprung out. Nothing wth eyes and teeth because if it was that you would be reading eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........ Right now, that isn't a maybe I would do that, it is a definite. Especially since it would have sprung out from what looks like a cookie jar. It is like one of the joke peanut cans with the snake. Not funny, not funny whatsoever. I opened one once and no one warned me, I did the surprised mouth open expression. Fake snakes don't taste good, just saying. I would humph with arms crossed if someone planted something to jump out at me.

But it wasn't fuzzy, so no planted fake snake. It was something though, how would you describe it? I mean look at it. Oops I forgot, you are a reader of words and not right here with me. So I guess I should describe what is right there.

You know what a Pixel looks like. Okay imagine that now imagine like a bunch of them dancing all in the same place. Constantly shifting and moving and I think one has a lighter too! Of course all of the pixels are different colors, it isn't like they went to a themed party. They are dancing to the song in their umm..... Pixel? Oh and I forgot while they are dancing what looks like a stove pipe is slowly rising from the pixel blur.

"Umm... " is all I could say at first and pretty much second too. As soon as the umm slipped from between my lips the whatever it is glowed brighter and ummed back in a voice that sounded like a kid's choir that couldn't sing in tune. 

Curious I started to walk around the whatever, if it was turning to follow me I don't know. Kind of hard to tell really, especially if I was judging by the pipe sticking out of the top of it now.

My first instinct is to poke it, you can always judge something with a poke. If you poke and whatever it is hard it could be a rock. Poke whatever and it is soft it could be a cotton ball or the butt of the sheep, which I don't recommend poking. Poke and it is cold it is an ice cube. Poke and it burns and  your finger is flickering, your finger is on fire! Stop, drop and roll! Finally if you poke and you come back with one less finger. Whatever you poked didn't want to be poked and/or was hungry.

I was safe on the teeth part unless a bear trap appears out of nowhere and I am not a bear, so it wouldn't work. It doesn't look like it is on fire either. Slowly I bring my hand up and pointer finger up, edging it closer and closer just in case anything happens.

ZAP!

"Yow!" I exclaim as I pull my finger back and start to shake if, insertion into mouth will be coming soon. Whatever whatever is just hung there after a bolt of electricity dance across it and arced over to my finger. It could have at least warned me that it had a short and is prone to do that. I wouldn't have poked it If I knew and it eliminates my second instinct of licking it. No way no how would I lick it now, I don't want my tongue to go numb and have to talk all funny.

I could use my staff and poke it from a distance like way across there. A safe distance away from any stray bolts of electricity. That would be smart. As I turn to get into position, I stop as images of even bigger bolts of electricity shooting up my staff, my eyes getting bigger and bigger moments before I am blasted across the room, leaving my smoking shoes were I stood. Pass on that, a little early for getting blasted out of ones shoes  today. The proper time for that is and let me look, never unless it happens to someone else. Then it is funny unless they are hurt then not so much.

That leaves me one thing, I clear my throat. "My name is Nichole Anne Marie Smith, what is yours?"

((It is proper manners to introduce yourself then you can go screaming and running. Until next time...))

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 08:10:31 AM »
Nothing happens for a long time, just whatever it is floating there doing the whole rave thing.

"Um okay...." I start to say, giving whatever the one eyebrow lift questioning look to it. It sort of answered me the last time I thought, that whole untuned kid choir um, but nothing now. I glance up and down at the whatever it is, trying to figure out what to do next. If I had really large rubber gloves I could gently shove it back into the vase, of course leaving a note on the case 'Not a cookie inside. Don't be fooled by what others might tell you. Not a cookie!' But no big rubber gloves, unless..... I pause my thought to look around. Maybe whoever built this place took safety into consideration. I am not seeing any fire extinguishers or anything so probably no large pair of rubber gloves laying around either. They would be easy to see too, since those are always bright yellow.

So no pushing the whatever back into the vase. Hmm...  Could just whap it with my staff. It would only take a couple of them.  It didn't do anything to deserve that though, other than the shock but it could have been saying 'Hello' or it rubbed itself in carpet before coming out and had a little bit of a charge built up. It is an uncalled for whapping and I shouldn't start doing those, people would start talking in hush tones around me thinking I went whapping mad. Tranquilizer guns would be used and I would wake up with a collar and possibly a tag in my ear. Don't need that and it is hard to find something to go with the collars, especially if they have a big box on them with a flashing light and don't have me start on the tag hanging from the ear. Ugh! That would just be.... Ugh!

"Excuse me, my name is Nichole Anne...." And suddenly I was interrupted by a ZAP! Thankfully not aimed at me but at a bat flying overhead. Letters appeared over the whatever spelling 'CAT'.

"Um.... No that is a...." I start to say and stop when all of a sudden there was a loud POP and where the bat once was, was a cat. Well a small cat and not a grumpy one either, more startled as it threw its legs out frantically and its eyes bulged out as it fell to the ground. Luckily the tale is true, cats do land on their feet and I witnessed it. We'll sort of, it did land in a deep pile of not snow, the only thing that could be seen is its tail poking out. Oh and the sad meow too, can't forget that.

My eyes went from cat to whatever, "What the?" Suddenly there was another ZAP and a bar dropped from above me and hit the ground with a loud THUMP. Another ZAP and a fat bat bounced off the pedestal, knocking over the modern base. "What the?" 

Quickly I look up, worried. Not just a little worried either, a lot worried! Especially  if there was a bar coming down. Now if it was a candy bar I wouldn't mind, but what just hit the ground leaving a big gouge wasn't a candy bar. At least not one I would like to eat. All I saw was bats way up there, their little eyes focused on whatever, not moving a muscle and not squeaking.

Umm this isn't good, I told myself as I looked back at whatever hovering there. "How?" I asked standing there. Whatever just kept dancing in one spot, every so often  flashing then dimming again almost strobe like.

"Excuse me...." I said bringing a hand up, one finger out but a safe distance away from whatever. "How the?"

Nothing happened, well nothing verbal really, but something happened. The whatever started to shake then phpt a cloud of smoke came out the top of the pipe and the words 'auto correct' hung there in the haze until they floated away.

"Okay?" I said looking around to see if I was being punked. No hidden cameras that I could see or people with cats or bars or fat bats in their hands ready to throw them up in the air.

Suddenly another word appeared over whatever 'Freedom!' and I swore I heard it being yelled in a bad husky Scottish accent.

This isn't good, I tell myself right before, in a flash, whatever flashes 'bye' then takes off leaving a line of clouds behind it and some evil cackling.

"Not good...."

((Huh? What just happened? I have to sit down and read this. Until next time.))

« Reply #8 on: Today at 08:14:25 AM »
I look around frantically, 'what just happened' flying through my mind, a little no a lot confused. Whatever just happened released whatever just flew out. I am not sure what whatever is either. I know it isn't the same as what is in the other vase, but it changed the bats into other things and glowed 'auto correct' when it did.

This 'isn't good' replaces whatever just happened in my mind as thoughts of whatever flying through the world changing things. The chaos that it could cause was off the charts. Airplanes would have wings, everything would taste like chicken and those little angel statues at fountains oh jeez, not good.

Quickly I reach for the museum tag and read it, 'Audokornet'. That isn't a good name for a vase, it doesn't capture any of its style or anything. It sounds so mass produced in a way, like it could be found in one of those stores that carries mass produced stuff that is really hard to put together.  Ones that always leave out one little piece that keeps the whole thing stable and when you are done you shake your hand in the air in frustration. Telling them they will rue the day they sold you that with a missing part, whatever rue means. It sounds like it could be in the thousand acre woods wearing a red shirt.

"Audokornet" I said trying to think, but drawing a bank. Whatever it is, it is getting away that is all I knew. Suddenly I felt a tapping only shoulder, "Yes?" My tail whipped around and pointed at my bag. "What do you want girl?" My tail answered by slowly shaking its tail head before undoing the bag, which still gets me. I am not sure how she does it without fingers but she does. "Do you want somethings inside? Did Tommy fall down the well?" Again my tail shook its tail head before slipping inside.

I could see it was looking for something, but what? The question got answered moments later when my tail pulled out the Boy Scout manual. "You don't think? Thank you," I said taking the manual from my tail and started to flip through it. There was no way that 'Audokornet' was in there. FLIP. FLIP. How to find a electric socket with a paper clip. Done that and went flying backwards. FLIP. FLIP. FLIP.  What happens in the woods. The sad sad story. No, but interesting. FLIP. Blue is the new green. Um no, it can't be that is why it is called blue and not green. FLIP. FLIP.FLIP and some more flips. Know your unknown and not the good stuff either.

Hmm, What is this? Quickly I scroll though the page seeing weird stuff and reading even weirder stuff. Did you know that, I shouldn't ask if you do. Because if you do i might have to look at you questionably, especially if you knew about this right here. That is just weird and maybe consider to stay unknown.

My eyes dance through the words, limbo through the paragraphs until I find the word. Not that word but the word I was looking for, Audokornet. Okay I thought they were thorough when they created the manual but wow. I wonder..... I flip to the next page for a moment, yeah they have that too.  I nod and flip back to the previous page and start to read. My eyes getting bigger and bigger.

'Audokornet, a creation of chaos with an ice cream headache. It likes to correct things even if they don't need correcting. In its eyes everything needs corrected because it isn't looking at what is, what was or whatever, it looks and sees something that needs to be corrected. Period, exclamation point and some other punctuation.

No one knows where Audokornet came from, some say it corrected itself into existence while others say it was created in the Big Bang and decided to take a siesta for a while.

All we know is things happen when it is around and usually not good things. Pink elephants, yeah they are its idea. Narwhals, you can guess what created those to confuse princesses. It looks like a unicorn, I must be able to ride it. GLUG GLUG GLUG. Child proof container lids, yeah it came up with those things too.

It is best to keep it locked away, somewhere quiet and boring. It likes that, trust us we didn't ask. The longer it is out, the longer things go bonkers. Oh and don't bother trying to kill it, it can't be be. Not even safes from high distances effect it. It has been tried. '

Okay GULP. So I just .... And it flew out to.... It will do... Oh poo. The only way is...  I look to the vase and where Audokornet went. I can't let it.....

I swipe at the vase and in one fluid move shove it into my bag before I take off running up the tunnel. This isn't good.... I will be blamed for....

((Okay not my fault I thought therr was cookies.... until next time.))