You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

June 17, 2021, 10:06:54 pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: A utopia and a dystopia  (Read 264 times)

Offline yaracyrrahTopic starter

• Liege
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
A utopia and a dystopia
« on: June 09, 2020, 10:06:23 pm »
So I'm working on this setting.  It's actually two settings: one where things went right, one where things went wrong.  I much prefer writing stories to writing setting bibles, so I'm hoping to find some RP partners to help me flesh out these bare bones.  This is probably the wrong place to look, because I'm not interested in writing erotica right now, but eh, posting a thread can't hurt.  ...I hope.

"Outline"
Utopia:

Phase 1: Seemingly at random, some humans begin to manifest superhuman ("paranormal") abilities.

Phase 2: By sheer luck, most of the most powerful of the first wave of paranormals are sane, responsible individuals.  Led by the young Chinese woman who calls herself Peace Dragon, they form a working group to help the world's governments crack down on paranormal crime while advocating for the principle that paranormals are still human, with all the rights and responsibilities that entails.  Most of the world's governments adopt laws and policies in accordance with that principle.

Phase 4: The leading paranormals formalize their alliance and found the League of Superheroes "to promote peace, justice, and charity for all".

Dystopia:

Phase 5: By sheer luck, a new paranormal emerges whose powers far exceed all others.  By sheer luck, this individual does not subscribe to the philosophy of the League.  Instead, she chooses to conquer the world.

Phase 6: She conquers the world.  Not even the League of Superheroes can stand against her.

Phase 7: Suprema commands all other paranormals to agree to serve her--bound by a psionically-enforced oath--or die.

Phase 8: Suprema and her paranormal aristocracy rule the world.

I'm interested in stories set in any of those eight phases.  I don't want to play Peace Dragon or Suprema; I want to play "lesser" characters trying to find their places in the world.

If, by some strange chance, this project interests you, please PM me.  Thanks!