Thufir Hawat is searching for a partner (MxF or FxF, system)

Started by Thufir Hawat, May 31, 2020, 03:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thufir Hawat

So, I'd like to play in a system game, where either my partner takes the role of GM/Referee, or we share it via some of the "Solo" add-ons. If that's not for you and you aren't interested in giving it a try...I'm sorry.

Not only that, but I want to play in a system I like (what's the point otherwise), with a strong supporting setting, or a premise/genre I like. Of course, both would be ideal, but might be hard to combine.

So, what are the settings I love?
Almost anything based on the real world and/or history (ancient China, historical Japan, SE Asia, Early Roman Empire, France/Spain during the Golden Age, Shanghai in the 30ies (or almost anywhere in the 20ies), even USA/EU in the previous decade.
Additionally, I like many wlel-developed settings (I don't mean just number of pages, but internal consistency) that are set in the future or never existed. RE Howard's world? Check. Barsoom? Check. The Fractured Kingdom setting? Yes, please! 2080 NY in Fates Worse Than Death RPG? Of course! Exalted? You bet - I don't even ask to be an Exalt! The Fading Suns setting? Sure! The Third Imperium or another Traveller setting? Any age - as long as we're not using T20/Hero Traveller. Monster hunters using Apocalypse Prevention Inc (2e preferred)? Why not!

Or maybe you just want to take a premise and let us run with it? Like the premise "the world is like it was extracted from a fighting game"? Sure - I'd love to play in a Fight! the Fighting Game RPG campaign, for example!
Or it could be a superhero game. We just set the premise to "superpowers start manifesting, you're one of those where they manifested". Then we just take Metahumans Rising and go from there.

Pictures

As you might have noticed, there's a whole range of "systems I like to play". They just don't include pretty much any variants of Fate, nor of d20/D&D/Pathfinder/OSR. But if you've got a hankering to run a game you suspect might have no takers on this forum...well, ask me. It just might happen that I've read it already!
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!