Images and the Wiki

Started by Medik, May 05, 2020, 08:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medik

Hey everyone! I was hoping to set up a couple of art threads (shop in commissions and sketchbook in art/media/music in particular), and I recall reading somewhere that images need to be uploaded to the wiki before they can be displayed onsite? Unfortunately, I am wiki-illiterate and have absolutely no idea how to make that work. Ideally I'd have my own page like some other people have going on since I'll be using images frequently and that would be an easy way to sort, but also do not know how to make that work. Please send help, I clearly need an adult.

jouzinka

Hi, Medik. :-)

Congrats on your approval.

You can find info on how to upload (and categorize) images on the Wiki here: https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Category:Images#How_To_Categorize_an_Image

The only images that absolutely have to uploaded to the wiki, are signature images. Non-wiki images won't display in signatures. You can use images anywhere else on the site by simply wrapping them in the IMG code.

[img]INSERT IMAGE LINK HERE[/img]

That said, hosting images on the wiki is the safest, because you never run into the problem that your images are deleted because the service is no longer working (like Tinypic or Photobucket).

Also, you can find all your uploads (and wiki pages) in the top right corner on the wiki, under contributions
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Medik

Thank you so much, jouzinka, I really appreciate the help! I'll get started on those threads at some point today and probably just host on the wiki, that seems safest for everyone involved.

jouzinka

You're welcome! Happy to help if you have more questions. The wiki can be really confusing.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Vandren

If you use the Members link on the front page and click on any User:XXXXX page there, then go to the Edit tab, you should be able to find all the "code" necessary to set up a User page on the wiki too.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

The Green One

Not available for new stories