You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

April 10, 2021, 07:52:30 pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Images and the Wiki  (Read 377 times)

Offline MedikTopic starter

Images and the Wiki
« on: May 05, 2020, 08:03:14 am »
Hey everyone! I was hoping to set up a couple of art threads (shop in commissions and sketchbook in art/media/music in particular), and I recall reading somewhere that images need to be uploaded to the wiki before they can be displayed onsite? Unfortunately, I am wiki-illiterate and have absolutely no idea how to make that work. Ideally I'd have my own page like some other people have going on since I'll be using images frequently and that would be an easy way to sort, but also do not know how to make that work. Please send help, I clearly need an adult.

Offline jouzinka

• Elf                            Guardian of the Blind Unbowed,Unbent,Unbroken. Law, Hîr nín, ú dollen i Rîw…
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • The E mantra: Sip, swallow, scroll, sip, swallow..
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Images and the Wiki
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 08:17:33 am »
Hi, Medik. :-)

Congrats on your approval.

You can find info on how to upload (and categorize) images on the Wiki here: https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Category:Images#How_To_Categorize_an_Image

The only images that absolutely have to uploaded to the wiki, are signature images. Non-wiki images won't display in signatures. You can use images anywhere else on the site by simply wrapping them in the IMG code.

Code: [Select]
[img]INSERT IMAGE LINK HERE[/img]
That said, hosting images on the wiki is the safest, because you never run into the problem that your images are deleted because the service is no longer working (like Tinypic or Photobucket).

Also, you can find all your uploads (and wiki pages) in the top right corner on the wiki, under contributions

Offline MedikTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 08:44:26 am »
Thank you so much, jouzinka, I really appreciate the help! I'll get started on those threads at some point today and probably just host on the wiki, that seems safest for everyone involved.

Offline jouzinka

• Elf                            Guardian of the Blind Unbowed,Unbent,Unbroken. Law, Hîr nín, ú dollen i Rîw…
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • The E mantra: Sip, swallow, scroll, sip, swallow..
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 09:31:56 am »
You're welcome! Happy to help if you have more questions. The wiki can be really confusing.

Offline Vandren

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 01:07:18 pm »
If you use the Members link on the front page and click on any User:XXXXX page there, then go to the Edit tab, you should be able to find all the "code" necessary to set up a User page on the wiki too.

Offline Liam Dale

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 01:33:45 pm »
There's this big thread about Wiki editing and coding!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=281370.0