Frosthaven - A sandbox, system-free, D&D adventure - Recruiting on Hold

Started by Praxis, April 12, 2020, 12:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caela

Most definitely interested...need to do more reading before coming up with a concept.

You provided a LOT of good info here!

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Sye

*plants interest flag*  Been ages since I played a DnD style game.

Praxis

Wow.  Thanks for all of the interest!  I'm getting blown up some at my end but rest assured I'll get to each and every person who has posted that they are interested!

There's currently an OOC Character Planning Thread here...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=319043.msg15364877#msg15364877

Feel free to jump in there if you want to get in the ring.

AribethAmkiir

Just planting my interest flag.  Great information Praxis.  This is going to be an amazing game.

Praxis

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 12, 2020, 06:53:53 PM
Just planting my interest flag.  Great information Praxis.  This is going to be an amazing game.

Much obliged!  :D

Take your time thinking.  Then head on over to the character planning thread if you feel like jumping in!

Bibliophilia

Praxis

Alright so this got a little more interest than I had been expecting.

So currently we're not accepting any further characters aside from what is in my PMs that I haven't checked yet!

There's always a bit of loss due to attrition and once I get in the GM pocket, I'll be able to onboard more writers/players into the game.  So consider the recruiting a pause and not a never.

Most likely two weeks to four weeks tops before we're recruiting again!  Always willing and able to answer questions however even if you're just thinking about joining.

Praxis

Chulanowa

Doomglazer

darn just too late then, but ill keep an eye on the thread and who knows what terrors lie beyond the barren tundra.....

Praxis

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 13, 2020, 02:59:27 PM
Interested if recruitment starts up again

Quote from: Doomglazer on April 13, 2020, 03:00:32 PM
darn just too late then, but ill keep an eye on the thread and who knows what terrors lie beyond the barren tundra.....

Thanks for the interest from both of you!

I'm sure we'll be opening things up again soonish.

xPeachyPuff

I just wanna say that this looks incredible. If recruitment opens up again I will be highly interested in submitting a character idea for this (even though I really shouldn't cause of time, haha, but I like to torture myself so we gucci.) Honestly though, great work Praxis.

Cuchulainn

I would also like to throw down some interest as it seems the list of those waiting in the wings is mounting up.

Praxis

Quote from: xPeachyPuff on April 15, 2020, 04:16:44 AM
I just wanna say that this looks incredible. If recruitment opens up again I will be highly interested in submitting a character idea for this (even though I really shouldn't cause of time, haha, but I like to torture myself so we gucci.) Honestly though, great work Praxis.

Thank you!  There's still a sizable amount for me to flesh out but your interest (and kind words) is great to read.

Quote from: Cuchulainn on April 15, 2020, 05:26:12 AM
I would also like to throw down some interest as it seems the list of those waiting in the wings is mounting up.

Wicked.   

It's pretty rewarding to see so many people interested.  I'm slowly dialling in the current group so I'd be looking to open things up again in about 4 to 6 weeks?  Possibly sooner depending on work/life/ and how things are going with the current writers.

:)

Ershin

This was an exceptional opening post, I love that you included so many 4e classes in here - I just wish I'd been on more in the last three days and had noticed this sooner

Juggtacular

Quote from: Ershin on April 15, 2020, 11:58:24 AM
This was an exceptional opening post, I love that you included so many 4e classes in here - I just wish I'd been on more in the last three days and had noticed this sooner

Never stop never stopping. He might open recruitment in the near future or someone might drop. Keep your eye on it and who knows, we might be writing together soon. :D

Praxis

Quote from: Ershin on April 15, 2020, 11:58:24 AM

We will definitely be opening up recruitment again.  Just stay tuned.  I front loaded most of the work but once we get characters firmed up and the initial scenes rolling.  I'm anticipating opening things up further.

Also thanks for the compliment with the opening post.  That's pretty validating.

Notorious

I'd be interesting in submitting a character, so whenever that is available just throw an update for recruitment up. Thanks.

Praxis

Quote from: Notorious on April 17, 2020, 01:16:54 PM
I'd be interesting in submitting a character, so whenever that is available just throw and update for recruitment up. Thanks.

So we're about two to four weeks out!  Thanks for showing interest.  I'm still working out the concept and the kinks/bugs in the system/not-system but in that time I'd like to think everyone playing has had a chance to kill some things, take their stuff and get embroiled in some drama and jackassery.

Wolfling72

Iranna has never been embroiled in jackassery!! *looks shocked and appalled by this assertion*
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Notorious

Awesome. I'm gonna set the notifications on this thread so that I can check back and see what's up at a later time, then.

Happy writing!

- N

Rummy Tum Tum

Juust gonna post here real quick so this enters my New Replies page

Praxis

Quote from: Notorious on April 17, 2020, 01:47:19 PM
Awesome. I'm gonna set the notifications on this thread so that I can check back and see what's up at a later time, then.

Happy writing!

- N

Smart!  Thanks for the interest and I hope we get to write soon!

Quote from: Wolfling72 on April 17, 2020, 01:30:56 PM
Iranna has never been embroiled in jackassery!! *looks shocked and appalled by this assertion*

I didn't really want to be the one to tell you this but  "iranna" in elvish literally means "jackassery"

*Shrugs apologetically...*

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on April 17, 2020, 01:54:36 PM
Juust gonna post here real quick so this enters my New Replies page

Thanks for the interest.  Stay tuned!