Patreon Support Questions and Badge

Started by WillowPup, April 12, 2020, 10:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillowPup

Hi guys!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but the only posts I can find date back to 2018 (yes, I'm late on the pick-up XD)!

I just subscribed to the patreon at the $9/month level because I want to be able to support this awesome site and I have a pay that can support it easily, but the last post on the topic (that I could find) was active about two years ago, and I have two questions:

1. Are all the donations going to Vekseid and/or the server costs still?

and

2. Is it still possible to get the gold/supporter badge? Who does this? My username is WillowPup on there, do I need to message someone on that end? I'm happy to provide proof of payment somehow lol.

The badge is not the important thing, I really want to support the site, but its a nice perk! lol

Thanks in advance!

MrAlanNH

Hi there!

I had a similar situation not that long ago.  The best option is to send Vekseid a PM, since he is the one doing the Patreon.
He did a verification of my Patreon and E memberships and adjusted my gold bar status soon thereafter.

Oniya

Exactly what MrAlanNH said.  The badge update is a manual thing, and while Veks does update it regularly, a PM can ensure that he recognizes whose donation needs tallying.  Since your username is the same, there shouldn't be any additional information required.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Important note 11/28 - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests  (Updated 7/28/21) - Something a little different.

Vekseid

Just send me a message there after you get charged at the end of the month. And pm me here to tell me I need to check my Patreon again. : )

All money goes to my costs for running E, yes. : )

The Green One

Hello~

Since someone brought this up I'll add a question myself.

I've donated through Patreon for a few months but for the time being, I can't contribute to the cause. So I was wondering if the badge is given only to those who donate regularly or to anyone that helps?

Not available for new stories

Lexandria

Quote from: Liam Dale on April 12, 2020, 06:38:05 PM
Hello~

Since someone brought this up I'll add a question myself.

I've donated through Patreon for a few months but for the time being, I can't contribute to the cause. So I was wondering if the badge is given only to those who donate regularly or to anyone that helps?

Any donation qualifies you for the badge, just need to PM Vekseid so he can confirm your past donation and switch you over.

Tentatively accepting a few new stories
Interests
Schedule
Creative Things
Current Cravings

The Green One

Quote from: Lexandria on April 12, 2020, 07:25:42 PM
Any donation qualifies you for the badge, just need to PM Vekseid so he can confirm your past donation and switch you over.
I will!

Thank you, Lexandria!

Not available for new stories

WillowPup

Quote from: MrAlanNH on April 12, 2020, 11:23:18 AM
Hi there!

I had a similar situation not that long ago.  The best option is to send Vekseid a PM, since he is the one doing the Patreon.
He did a verification of my Patreon and E memberships and adjusted my gold bar status soon thereafter.

Quote from: Oniya on April 12, 2020, 12:02:37 PM
Exactly what MrAlanNH said.  The badge update is a manual thing, and while Veks does update it regularly, a PM can ensure that he recognizes whose donation needs tallying.  Since your username is the same, there shouldn't be any additional information required.
Quote from: Vekseid on April 12, 2020, 01:31:04 PM
Just send me a message there after you get charged at the end of the month. And pm me here to tell me I need to check my Patreon again. : )

All money goes to my costs for running E, yes. : )

Thank you everyone!! :) I shall do exactly that right now, because I'm very good at forgetting! XD

And thank you for confirming! I really, really love this place, and every little thing I can do makes me feel good. At the moment, it's a home within my home, at the same time as an escape within my home. Very confusing. lol