You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

May 29, 2020, 03:31:43 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Lost Mines of Phandelver, (Closed, thank you all for your interest)  (Read 553 times)

Offline OllumhammersongTopic starter

Hello Peoples. I'm currently looking for 1 or 2 players to fill in for a 5e game i'm trying to get off the ground. People completely new to D&D 5e are welcome as We will be playing the Lost Mines of Phandelver module, which is the intro to 5e adventure module as published by Wotc. Personally I think it's a great module whether you're new to the game or not. From there we have options, I was originally thinking of moving into Storm king's thunder, if and when we got to that point.

Preferably the less you know about the module the better, and if you have played it before I can only ask you to keep your meta knowledge of it from coming out too much during the game.

For those who will undoubtedly ask, I have already accepted 2 characters, one cleric and one bard. I've told my players that I personally don't care what classes everyone plays. but for those to whom this information may affect their own character ideas. There it is. We have a third player still making his character and that class is currently unknown.

Character Creation Guidelines: Please stick to these guidelines when making you character. Believe me they aren't as restrictive as they may first appear, and most of them are just common sense.

-Stats are either generated with the standard array 15,14,13,12,10,8. Or via 27 point buy.

-Most classes are allowed, artificer is not allowed.

-Most races are allowed, however anything that starts with the ability to fly (Aarakocra) or anything that doesn't belong in the forgotten realms setting (Warforged) are not allowed.

-No chaotic evil or neutral evil characters, Lawful evil characters may be permitted provided it isn't used as an excuse to be purposefully harmful to other players and interfere with party cohesion.

-Unearthed arcana is not allowed.

-Starting equipment & gold is whatever is standard for your class/background/etc from the PHB.

DM'S notes:

1).For the purposes of this campaign I will be using the PHB+1 rule as well. For those who don't know what that means, when making your character you can use the PHB +1 additional sourcebook.
For example, if you wanted to choose any subclass from Xanathar's Guide, than that will be your '+1', which means you can't pick a race or racial variant from Volo's guide or Mordenkein's.

2). I am a Dm who likes to actually enforce some mildly grittier rules such as encumbrance (we will use the simplified version of Str x 15 or determining carry capacity). As well as material components for spells. Obviously arcane foci and other substitutes will function as normal. But where material components are required they will uhh.... be required.

Character template- Please fill out and post in a hider. I will update this page with the active roster of characters currently in the party as well as an honoured list for potential fallen PC's along the way.
Code: (Character Sheet) [Select]
[td][center][font=Georgia][color=black][img height=200]Picture[/img]
[url=][b]Character[/b][/url]
Race | Class | Experience
[b]HP:[/b] [i]0/0 (0)[/i] | [b]AC:[/b] [i]10 (-)[/i] | [b]HD:[/b] [i]1/1[/i]
[b]Passive Perception:[/b] [i]10[/i] | [b]Initiative:[/b] [i]0[/i] | [b]Proficiency:[/b] [i]+0[/i]
[b]Speed:[/b] [i]0ft[/i] | [b]Inspiration:[/b] [i]0/3[/i]

[b]STR:[/b] [i]0 (+0)[/i] | [b]DEX:[/b] [i]0 (+0)[/i] | [b]CON:[/b] [i]0 (+0)[/i]
[b]INT:[/b] [i]0 (+0)[/i] | [b]WIS:[/b] [i]0 (+0)[/i] | [b]CHA:[/b] [i]0 (+0)[/i]

[b][u]Saves[/u][/b]
[b]S:[/b] [i]+0[/i] | [b]D:[/b] [i]+0[/i] | [b]Co:[/b] [i]+0[/i] | [b]I:[/b] [i]+0[/i] | [b]W:[/b] [i]+0[/i] | [b]Ch:[/b] [i]+0[/i]
[b]Death Successes:[/b] [i]0/3[/i] | [b]Death Failures:[/b] [i]0/3[/i]

[b][u]Money[/u][/b]
[b]Coinage:[/b] [i]0[/i] | [b]Alternative Wealth[/b] [i]0[/i]
[b]Carry:[/b] [i]0 (+0)/0[/i]

[spoiler=S/F/T/P][left]
[hr]
[font=Georgia][color=black]Skill Proficiency
[hr]
[font=Georgia][color=black]

[hr]
[font=Georgia][color=black]Other Proficiency
[hr]

[hr]
[font=Georgia][color=black]Feats
[hr]

[hr]
[font=Georgia][color=black]Languages
[hr]

[hr]
[font=Georgia][color=black]Features
[hr]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Attacks][left][font=Georgia][color=black]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Equipment][left][font=Georgia][color=black]
[/spoiler][td]

[spoiler=Spells][left][font=Georgia][color=black]
[b]Casting Ability:[/b] [i]-[/i] | [b]Save DC:[/b] [i]-[/i] | [b]Attack Bonus:[/b] [i]-[/i]
[hr]
[font=Georgia][color=black]Cantrip
[hr]

[hr]
[font=Georgia][color=black]1st Level (Total Known) (used/slots)
[hr]

[hr]
[font=Georgia][color=black]2nd Level (Total Known) (used/slots)
[hr]

[hr]
[font=Georgia][color=black]3rd Level (Total Known) (used/slots)
[hr]
[font=Georgia][color=black][/spoiler]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/quote]
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 02:48:04 PM by Ollumhammersong »

Offline CurvyKitten

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward.
  • Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Lost Mines of Phandelver, Looking for 1-2 new players
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 07:57:03 PM »
I know you said most classes are allowed. But do you have a preference for what class you'd like the characters to be?

Offline Hamadryad

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 08:05:15 PM »
What kind of smut/story ratio did you have in mind? If smuts even going to be in it.

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 09:37:42 PM »
I know you said most classes are allowed. But do you have a preference for what class you'd like the characters to be?

I personally do not care what classes everyone is. I know most people don't like doubling up but that is up to you. If I absolutely had to make a recommendation, it would be something martial perhaps. The cleric is a light domain cleric which is more caster focused and doesn't get heavy armour or martial weapons. So a dedicated 'front line' si currently lacking, whether it be a fighter, paladin, barb or what have you. Then again one could make an argument in favour of a dedicated ranged character as there isn't a much of a 'back line' either.

But we also don't need to focus on just combat. So again, make whatever character interests you.

One thing this party does not lack for right now is healing, that much is clear.

What kind of smut/story ratio did you have in mind? If smuts even going to be in it.

This is firs and formost a D&D game with the story at the centre. This game is to scratch the D&D itch now that I and others can't get to our regular groups because of quarantine procedures. Smut really isn't a focus on this and if you want your character to get laid at the inn at the end of a long hard adventure, we can just do a fade to black, but I wont be halting the game for orgy scenes or to fuck a goblin or anything else like that. Of course if two players want to hump, than by all means you can do it in pms or make your own thread.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 12:27:20 AM by Ollumhammersong »

Offline Chulanowa

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 05:24:44 AM »
I've got an idea for something that's either a fighter or a barbarian; will hopefully have him up and running later today

Offline Miroque

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 05:44:09 AM »
Would there be room for Human sorcereress girl-child ?

Offline Miroque

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 06:26:36 AM »

Cerilya
Human| Sorceress (Storm) | 0 Xp
HP: 6/6 (0) | AC: 12 (-) | HD: 1/1
Passive Perception: 10 | Initiative: +2 | Proficiency: +2
Speed: 30ft | Inspiration: 0/3

STR: 9 (-1) | DEX: 15 (+2) | CON: 11 (+0)
INT: 15 (+2) | WIS: 11 (+0) | CHA: 16 (+3)

Saves
S: -1 | D: +2 | Co: +2 | I: +2 | W: +0 | Ch: +5
Death Successes: 0/3 | Death Failures: 0/3

Money
Coinage: 50 gp | Alternative Wealth 0
Carry: 0 (+0)/0

S/F/T/P

Skill Proficiency

Armor: None, Weapons: Sorcerer

Other Proficiency

SKills: Deception, Arcana, Acrobatics, Performance, Tool: Disguise Kit, Bells and Chimes (instrument)

Feats

Languages

Common (read/write), Primordial (read/write)

Features

By popular demand, Spellcasting, Sorcerous Origin, Tempestous Magic (bonus action: fly 10ft, no AoO)
Attacks

Equipment
Dancers outfit with bells and chimes to add music on her movement. Money pouch. Backpack, Bedroll, 2 Costumes, 5 candles, 5 days of rations, Waterskin, Disguise kit, knife, Spear, small crystal pendant (Arcane focus), 2 daggers, small pouch for spell components (20 bits of cured leather,

Spells

Casting Ability: Charisma | Save DC: 11 | Attack Bonus: +5

Cantrips (Known: 4)

Fire Bolt, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Acid Splash

1st Level (Known: 2) (Slots: 2)

Mage Armor, Sleep

Appearance
Cerilya is astonishingly beautiful and perfect human. There is nothing flawed on her skin or features, almost if she had some supernatural qualities. Her hair is long and perfectly white, almost if they had blueish tints on the roots. Her eyes are violet and show no signs of sorrow or malice.

Personality
Cerilya is quick to change her mind, and it is hard to read her. She's an enigma to most people, except those who have got to know her and she has befriended them. To her friends, she is warm and loving, fiercily defending them if needs arise. Rest, she keeps at arms length.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 02:45:15 AM by Miroque »

Offline Ghrymhawke

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 08:20:20 AM »

Kaldara Stoneshield
Dwarf | Barbarian | 0xp
HP: 15/15 (0) | AC: 14 (-) | HD: 1/1
Passive Perception: 11 | Initiative: +1 | Proficiency: +2
Speed: 25ft | Inspiration: 0/3

STR: 16 (+3) | DEX: 12(+1) | CON: 16 (+3)
INT: 10 (+0) | WIS: 12 (+1) | CHA: 10 (+0)

Saves
S: +5 | D: +1 | Co: +5 | I: +0 | W: +1 | Ch: +0

Money
Coinage: 10gp | Alternative Wealth 0

S/F/T/P

Skill Proficiency

Athletics, Perception, Survival, Intimidation

Other Proficiency

Armor: Light, Medium, Shields
Weapons: Simple weapons, Martial Weapons, battleaxe, handaxe, throwing hammer, warhammer

Feats

Languages

Common
Dwarvish

Features

Darkvision
Advantage on saves vs poison, poison resistance
Double proficiency bonuse to History checks vs. stonework (even if not proficient)
Soldier feature:
You have influence w/in your former army/organization
Barbarian features:
Rage
Add Con mod to AC when not wearing armor

Attacks

Greataxe Attack: +5 Damage: 1d12+3
Javelin Attack: +5 Damage: 1d6+3
Dagger Attack: +5 Damage: 1d4+3
Equipment

Greataxe
Javelin
Dagger
Explorer's Pack
Rank insignia
Trophy
Set of bone dice
Common Clothes
Belt pouch

Spells

Casting Ability: - | Save DC: - | Attack Bonus: -

Cantrip

1st Level (Total Known) (used/slots)

2nd Level (Total Known) (used/slots)

3rd Level (Total Known) (used/slots)

Appearance
Kaldara has long blonde, almost white hair, which she prefers to keep braided and away from her face most of the time.  A long scar runs down the length of her right cheek.  Although she is a fairly "no frills" kind of person, she loves to collect pieces of jewelry, and can always be found wearing multiple earrings.

Personality
Kaldara lacks the boisterous personality of most dwarves.  She is quiet and reserved, preferring to observe people rather than interact with them. 

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 02:20:27 AM »
Would there be room for Human sorcereress girl-child ?

I guess i'm confused by girl-child. Do you mean like an adolescent aged character? I'd rather not as it is still D&D and while smut isn't a thing other adult topics will likely crop up. Also your equipment list is a little bare. i'm pretty sure sorcerers start with some basic equipment, daggers, a staff/crossbow, etc. Plus other stuff from your background.

For those others peeking in this isn't first come first serve and I haven't selected the characters who will be joining yet. I am giving it a bit more time but I do want to get the ball rolling on this as do my players, so I wont be waiting too much longer.

Offline Miroque

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 02:46:23 AM »
Young girl-child= Just turning into womanhood (dnd starting age for sorcerors used to be 14+d4)

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 02:49:06 AM »
Sure, the young, 19 or so impulsive young sorcerer is hardly a new trope. One I personally don't mind, but I would ask to keep her 18+

Offline Miroque

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 03:26:58 AM »
Sure, the young, 19 or so impulsive young sorcerer is hardly a new trope. One I personally don't mind, but I would ask to keep her 18+

Sure, of course.

Offline CurvyKitten

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward.
  • Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 04:52:23 PM »
Here is my character, I can edit if need be. :)

Sapphire Ironclaw
Earth Genasi | Fighter | 0 XP
HP: 13/13 (0) | AC: 17 (-) | HD: 1/1
Passive Perception: 13 | Initiative: +1 | Proficiency: +2
Speed: 30ft | Inspiration: 0/3

STR: 16 (+3) | DEX: 13 (+1) | CON: 16 (+3)
INT: 8 (-1) | WIS: 12 (+1) | CHA: 10 (+0)

Saves
S: +5 | D: +1 | Co: +5 | I: -1 | W: +1 | Ch: +0

Money
Coinage: 10g | Alternative Wealth 0

S/F/T/P

Skill Proficiency

Athletics, Acrobatics , Survival , Animal Handling

Other Proficiency

Armor: All armor, shields
Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Tools:Cartographer’s tools
Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution

Feats

Languages

common, primordial,

Features

• Dueling fighting style
When you are wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other weapons, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with that weapon.

• Second Wind
You have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.

• Earth Walk. You can move across difficult terrain made of earth or stone without expending extra movement.

Attacks
Long sword +5 Damage 1d8 one handed 1d10 two handed
longbow and 20 arrows +3 damage 1d8 piercing range 150/600
two handaxes +3 thrown /+5 1d6
Equipment
chainmail, backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10day rations, waterskin, 50 ft. hemp rope, chalk, mirror, ball bearings, caltrops, Cartographer’s tools, shuffle, iron pot, common clothes

Spells

Casting Ability: - | Save DC: - | Attack Bonus: -

Cantrip

• Merge with Stone. You can cast the Pass without Trace spell once with this trait, requiring no material components, and you regain the ability to cast it this way when you finish a long rest. Constitution is your spellcasting ability for this spell. (A veil of shadows and silence radiates from you, masking you and your companions from detection. For the duration, each creature you choose within 30 feet of you (including you) has a +10 bonus to Dexterity (Stealth) checks and can’t be tracked except by magical means. A creature that receives this bonus leaves behind no tracks or other traces of its passage.)

1st Level (Total Known) (used/slots)

Offline Cuchulainn

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 05:37:56 PM »

Tothan Hartsong
Half Elf | Cleric (Nature) | EXP : 0
HP: 0/0 (0) | AC: 10 (-) | HD: 1/1
Passive Perception: 10 | Initiative: 0 | Proficiency: +0
Speed: 0ft | Inspiration: 0/3

STR: 12 (+1) | DEX: 14 (+2) | CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 10 (+0) | WIS: 16 (+3) | CHA: 10 (+0)

Saves
S: +1 | D: +2 | Co: +2 | I: +0 | W: +5 | Ch: +2

Money
Coinage: 10gp | Alternative Wealth 0

S/F/T/P

Skill Proficiency

Athletics
Survival
Insight
Religion
Animal Handling
Nature
Perception

Other Proficiency

Armour: Light, Medium, Heavy
Weapons: Simple

Pan Flute

Feats

Languages

Common
Elvish
Dwarvish
Gnomish

Features

• Darkvision:
    You have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were  dim light. You can't discern colour in darkness, only shades of grey
  • Fey Ancestry:
    You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.
Attacks

Club: +3 Damage 1d6 Bludgeoning one handed
Light Crossbow: +4 Damage 1d8 piercing 80/320ft loading two-handed
Toll the Dead: DC 13 WIS, Damage 1d8 Necrotic, 60ft (1d12 if missing hit points)
Shillelagh: +5 Damage 1d8 Bludegoning, one handed

Equipment

Club (shape like a training sword)
Scale Mail
Light Crossbow
20 bolts
Explorer's Pack
Shield
Holy symbol
Hunting Trap
Dire-wolf's Canine
Traveller's clothes

Spells

Casting Ability: Wis | Save DC: 13 | Attack Bonus: +5

Cantrip

Toll the dead
Guidance
Spare the Dying
Shillelagh

1st Level (4) (0/2)

Animal Friendship
Speak with Animals
Command
Shield of Faith
Healing word
Bless

Appearance

Tothan's long, dark, brown hair is typically pulled back into a loose braid to keep it from his eyes. One of which is marked by a faint scar starting just above the eyebrow and ending just below his cheek. A somewhat scruffy and rather thin beard covers his jaw and around his full lips a testament to his human heritage. Also highlighted by the slight points of his ears. He typically wears an expression of mild amusement if not outright joy.
Personality

Tothan grew up among the wood elves, in a rather solitary existence, tending to quickly out grow his childhood playmates. Although far from ideal Tothan, refused to be saddened by it, growing up amongst the wilds he sought solace from it. The creatures of the forest all possess different lifespans, yet all contribute to the forests well being, all are valued. Tothan can be a little awkward around people, finding more comfort around animals who don't typically require much conversation, his easy going and friendly attitude have served him well so far.

Hopefully that's all good, another cleric but one a little more martial orientated. Any advice on nature deities for one keeping the balance between wilderness and civilisation would suit him well. Not too familiar with Faerun.

Also I hope you do not mind I substituted a mace for a club.

Offline Hikaru86

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2020, 06:48:46 PM »
Still looking for more players? Even one who English it's his second language? I want to play with a dragonborn fighter or paladin, because all groups needs a tank.

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2020, 06:54:07 PM »
Still looking for more players? Even one who English it's his second language? I want to play with a dragonborn fighter or paladin, because all groups needs a tank.

As I stated above, I have not accepted anyone yet. I will be making my decision very soon. I want to get this game rolling by Friday

As for English being your second language, as long as we can communicate clearly enough with minimal difficulty than I don't really care.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 07:01:40 PM by Ollumhammersong »

Offline Yandros

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2020, 07:31:44 PM »
I am definitely interested!  However before finalizing any character thoughts, are you alright with multi-classing?
I love the whole gish idea of a character, and just wanted to make sure it would be allowed before submitting anything.

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2020, 07:34:04 PM »
I suppose? As long as it follows the rules, why not?

Offline Roman100

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2020, 08:52:22 PM »
If you still have room I'd like to join in. Do you have any preference on class or alignment or anything? I'm thinking, currently, a Ranger or Rogue. Sort of a do-all character that isn't a Bard.

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2020, 09:02:46 PM »
If you still have room I'd like to join in. Do you have any preference on class or alignment or anything? I'm thinking, currently, a Ranger or Rogue. Sort of a do-all character that isn't a Bard.

As I stated above, I have not accepted anyone yet. I will be making my decision very soon. I want to get this game rolling by Friday

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2020, 10:34:48 AM »
Just letting everyone know I will be making my decision at the end of today/tomorrow morning

Re: Lost Mines of Phandelver, (Closed, thank you all for your interest)
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2020, 05:04:08 PM »
Hello Everyone. I had made my selection from the character sheets provide. If I did not get back to you, or you hadn't yet submitted a character than I'm sorry to say that at this time your character was not accepted. I had to pick only a couple from the total list of submissions and I wanted to keep the group to 5 at absolute most for the sake of cohesion.

If you are still interested, and an opening does appear down the line, I will happily reach out to you all first before putting another advert out. 

I'm sorry to those who weren't picked and I hope we can play a game together in the future.