You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

February 25, 2021, 02:32:48 am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Chicago by Night [Vampire the Masquerade 5th edition] [System] [Extreme]  (Read 272 times)

Offline BlytheTopic starter

I am looking to act as a Storyteller for a 5th edition VtM game using the Chicago by Night sourcebook!

(I couldn't get this idea out of my head for the past month, so here we are <_< )

What sort of themes am I looking for in a tale?

Well, here are a few!

- Political intrigue and betrayal--what is 'power' and who truly holds it?
- Secrets and protecting the Masquerade; can a person really keep a lid on the secrets of undeath?
- What it means to 'belong'...and can anyone truly belong in a society full of predators? Does one even want to?
- What is 'love' and does it have a place in the World of Darkness?
- Sensuality and the exploration of carnality--not just in a sexual sense, but what it means to truly revel in sensation!

I'm not necessarily looking for any particular gender pairings or kinks; I feel like I can be pretty flexible and work most of what a person is interested in into a game, provided you don't go against my O/Os. I'm open to a great deal of gender pairings, am LGBT+ friendly, and I don't care about the RL gender of co-writers!

What am I looking for in your character?

- I don't want a character sheet at first! Why? Your character will be Embraced at the start of the chronicle! We'll even be selecting a Sire for your character who is in the Chicago by Night rulebook. What I want from you is a couple of paragraphs of personality/history for your character in their life as a human & why they're in Chicago. I'd love a possible image of the character you have in mind, too!

What is your preferred post rate for this? Do you have a preferred posting length?

- I don't have a preference for either. I'd like to write what feels right for the RP. Sometimes it could be one line, sometimes it could be a three thousand word post. Sometimes I'll be more available to post, and sometimes I won't be! If you can't handle me being busy a week or so, I may not be the right Storyteller for you! (Also, I can sometimes be slow as molasses at PMs)

- It's worth noting that I don't always post to my RPs in order. Sometimes I'll post to more stories more than others, etc. If that's something that could bother you, I may not be a good fit. I'm not the sort of person who will force myself to write something unless I feel like I'm really into it!

Why run this as a 1x1? Why not run it as a group?

- Honestly, I'm not sure. I feel like a 1x1 game is a better litmus for trying out the Chicago book at this time.

What books are allowed for conceptualizing/building the player character when we get to that part?

- Vampire the Masquerade 5th edition Core Rulebook
- The Anarch sourcebook
- The Camarilla sourcebook
- Chicago by Night
- The Chicago Folios

I may tentatively allow things from 'Fall of London' book if you can give me a good reason to include that, but mostly that probably would be a Loresheet or something like that.

(I do not have access to the Blood Cults kickstarted book, but even if I did, I would not allow that one right now since it's not really formally released)

I am not very likely to allow material from prior editions of VtM for this, mostly as a lot of the prior stuff doesn't really port up well to 5th edition due to the rather large mechanics changes for 5e. No 3rd party/fan material at all; I really prefer to avoid that for now.

Does this have to be a system or can it just be freeform using the sourcebooks for canon info?

This has to be a system game with dice, sorry! I like my tabletop gaming to have dice because it introduces elements of randomness and tension. :)

Message me if interested! This game would be classified as an Extreme Solo game since I want room to make the World of Darkness well and truly dark, but I won't go against a person's Offs in my quest for gritty darkness! (Please note that if you have major problems with things like non-consensual scenes or blood that we might not have the same vision going on for a World of Darkness)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 01:06:46 pm by Bly »