Modern(-ish) Fantasy Craving (All writers welcome)

Started by SaintSicaire, March 25, 2020, 06:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintSicaire

Hello there, delicious friends!

Maybe first some words about myself: Generally, I prefer my smut-plot-ratio slightly tipped in favour of plot and am not a huge fan of first person perspective.
When it comes to the characters I write, I'm pretty flexible...Male, female, something in-between...
So obviously, the gender of the writer on the other end, doesn't matter to me, at all.
In terms of kinks, there are few things that I'd like to completely avoid, these being: Scat, vore and pregnancy (at least in a sexual sense, as a mere plotpoint, I'm fine with it)
Everything else is negotiable.

Now to the idea...Or in this case more not-quite-idea:
This is probably a rather unusual request, since I don't actually have a specific idea for a story and only a few vague ideas for characters.
Instead I'm more looking for a type of setting that, in my opinion, is criminally underused! Modern Fantasy.
And by that I mean the mix of High Fantasy and mundane Slice-of-Life. Think Shadowrun, just without the Cyberpunk.
Magic, Dragons and other whacky fantasy-races, just being a part of our very mundane and boring world.
Orc football-players, elven influencer, halfling barristas...You get the idea.
Such a setting has a lot of potential for a fun plots (and smut, of course!)

Now finally maybe some things I'd be looking for in a possible partner:
a) You should like the general idea (duh!) and ideally be as excited about world- and plot-building as I am :)
b) You should be at least a little bit patient. Life's busy, especially in times like this.
c) Ideally you should be someone who is willing and able to play multiple, diverse characters (Not a requirement per se, but most highly appreciated!)

So, to cut this rambling short, I hope despite the vagueness of this request, someone out there is interested and if this one happens to be you, dear reader, please drop me a message!
(And I swear, at some point in my life, I will learn how to design these kind of post a little more aesthetically pleasing...)
"Nideriu minne heizet diu sô swachet
    daz der lîp nâch kranker liebe ringet"

~Walther von der Vogelweide, german minstrel (1220)

Request-Thread
Ons//Offs