AOL user issues

Started by Vekseid, March 04, 2009, 11:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

Apparently AOL users have been having a lot of problems of late, especially with the shoutbox.

There are basically two potential solutions until someone who insists on using AOL is willing to chat with me to see if I can come up with a more permanent solution (apparently I'm toxic? : /)

The first is, simply, don't use AOL. Frequently, a lot of broadband users are tricked into using it, but the truth is for most people, the only thing AOL does is make you less secure and slow your computer down.
- Get Firefox and run it to try to access Elliquiy directly, preferably without even signing on to AOL. If you can, congratulations! You can use AIM directly and access AOL e-mails directly through aol.com or a mail client, if you want to ditch the package entirely.
- Follow these instructions to access Elliquiy via https This should skip the proxy system AOL uses.

In order to actually fix it, though, someone is going to have to work with me over AIM for awhile. Preferably multiple someones. All I can do otherwise is guess, and probably badly.

Maeven

Quote from: Vekseid on March 04, 2009, 11:49:19 PM
There are basically two potential solutions until someone who insists on using AOL is willing to chat with me to see if I can come up with a more permanent solution (apparently I'm toxic? : /)

*avoids obvious Britney Spears comment but dances around in sexy flight attendant get-up*

*coughs*

Carry on...

He's really not, y'all.  I swear.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule