Coronavirus/Quarantine Playlists

Started by HannibalBarca, March 14, 2020, 11:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HannibalBarca

Hey there.  Seeing as many of us--and maybe soon most of us--will be staying home for an uncertain amount of time, I thought it in the best interests of people to keep occupied.  For me, that is often music.  I'm starting this thread for people to post up playlists of music to share with others, starting with my own set.

Mashups:  For those who don't know, a mashup is a combination of two or more songs, usually with similar chord progressions and tempos.  Oftentimes these turn out amazingly good.  Some of the best mashup artists can easily be found on YouTube: DJ Cummerbund, Bill McClintock, and Wax Audio, among others.

DJ Cummerbund -- Wish of Confusion
DJ Cummerbund -- Freaktender
DJ Faroff -- The Beatles vs. Joan Jett vs. Cypress Hill vs. House Of Pain vs. Rage Against The Machine Mashup
Bill McClintock -- Bob Marley and Billy Idol - "With a Rebel Yell, She Cried, 'Don't Give Up the Fight'"
Bill McClintock -- Van Halen and The Jackson 5 - "Mean Machine"
Wax Audio -- Sad But Superstitious (Stevie Wonder + Metallica Mashup)
Lobsterdust -- Soft Cell vs. Depeche Mode - Tainted Jesus
DJ Schmolli -- Rock Of Ages
DJ Faroff -- PSY vs Ghostbusters - Gangnam Busters
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Oniya

Helpful note, guys:

If you put the [ url] tags around your YouTube links, it will treat them like any other url, saving bandwidth for people who might have issues due to greater-than-normal traffic on their networks.

Example:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbkOZTSvrHs]John Farnham's 'The Voice'[/url]
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU]Billy Idol's 'Dancin' With Myself (social distancing, folks!)[/url]
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a01QQZyl-_I]Queen's 'Under Pressure' (aren't we all?)[/url]

John Farnham's 'The Voice'
Billy Idol's 'Dancin' With Myself (social distancing, folks!)
Queen's 'Under Pressure' (aren't we all?)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Esoterica

Yes thanks for the mention I noticed my page loading slower than normal with this thread and I was like, what? Nice idea, and nice suggestion.
"The image ALT here""The image ALT here"

Hrairoo

Some Alt / Indie rock for quarantine.

"Birdhouse in Your Soul" by They Might Be Giants
"Forest" by twenty one pilots
"Vlad the Impaler" by Kasabian
"Never Be Alone" by The FatRat
"Too Young to Kill" by Brite Futures

And then this one... My brothers and I drove up to the game shop Saturday and they made me listen to this over and over. ...it was dreadful the third time but by the fifth, we were all singing it. Like a carful of enraged cats.
"Careless Whisper" by George Michael

HannibalBarca

QuoteHelpful note, guys:

If you put the [ url] tags around your YouTube links, it will treat them like any other url, saving bandwidth for people who might have issues due to greater-than-normal traffic on their networks.

Thanks, Oniya, I'll edit mine. 
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

RedRose

Made one, but more about the titles than the song itself. I need to look it up
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

HannibalBarca

QuoteMade one, but more about the titles than the song itself. I need to look it up

Everyone's playlist is welcome here, RedRose ;)
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

gaggedLouise

It flew into my mind this morning: somebody really should write a parody lyric for this classic. M-m-m-my Corona!! :)

(and the comment field for the video shows I wasn't exactly the first to see the connection)  :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR2JtsVumFA

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

gaggedLouise

This turned up in my Youtube feed the other day - absolutely beautiful. Renée Fleming and Russian piano legend Evgeny Kissin were supposed to be on tour together this spring but the Corona epidemic cancelled it. Separated by an ocean, they recorded piano and voice for Schubert's Ave Maria, one by one on their phones and mixed the video and audio streams together to a very clean and beautiful performance.

I've seen both of these cats performing on tv and in opera livecasts to theatres, they are simply superb both of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoFQ92rZT3o

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Hrairoo

Lux12

It's The End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)-REM (Everyone's freaking out over what in many cases is a whole lot of nothing, and I couldn't be bothered to care any more.)

TV Party-Black Flag (Because watching tv, netflix, or stuff on youtube is one of the few things you can do)

Day N Nite-Kid Cudi (Given how exhausting work has been and how repetitive the days can be now...)

Livin On A Chain Gang-Skid Row

The Amethyst-Coil (Memento Mori friend)

The World In My Eyes-Depeche Mode (Don't know why, but it feels right.)

Use Your Fist And Not your Mouth- Marilyn Manson (Been feeling particularly irritable with some people I have to deal with at timesand this one just seems appropriate.)

Beyond-The Birthday Massacre (It just makes me start imagining about a better world

The Way It Goes-Gillian Welch (It's a bluegrassy song about how rough life can be. Sometimes, that's just the way it goes.)

Lucifers Rocking Chair-Cancer Bats

No One Lives Forever- Oingo Boingo (As odd as it might sound, I actually find this song very uplifting.)

My Sharona-The Knack (Yes because I am another person who enjoys singing it as My Corona instead)

Island In The Sun- Weezer

Drive-Incubus (This song as someone with anxiety has a special meaning to me. It's about letting go of fear and just embracing whatever may come. That's something I think people should be doing more of right now.)

Givin' Up- The Darkness (Yeah I know the lyrics are about a heroine addicts descent into self destruction, but that chorus sums up much of what I feel about the panic and paranoia surrounding it. It's not hard to stay safe people. Wash your hands, don't touch your face, and just don't do anything stupid.)

Ace of Spades-Motorhead (Yes it is the chorus to it. No I'm not saying I'm going to completely disregard all safety measures, but I've seen so many mass panics and let fear rule me one too many times. I'm kind of out of fucks to give.)

Danse Macabre-Ghost (It's from an album rife with lyrical themes related to the black death. It's about people living it up in the middle of what feels like the end.)

Penny Royal Tea-Nirvana (Just feels appropriate for some reason.)

True Faith-New Order (Same as Penny Royal Tea.)

Sadeness Part 1-Enigma (A very relaxing song for me that's lovely to listen to on dark rainy nights.)

Save Tonight- Eagle Eye Cherry (Just been on my mind lately for some odd reason.)

All That I've Got-The Used (Another one of those songs that just fits my mood in the middle of all this.)

I Choose To Live- Creeper (It's a song about not giving up hope and just choosing to keep going on because no matter how distant we feel, we still have each other. Something I wish more people would remember.)

Float On-Modest Mouse (Just that very notion of floating on no matter how ridiculous things get.)

Ain't It Funny-Danny Brown (A quirky experimental hip hop track about everything going absolutely nuts around someone.)

No Love-Death Grips (It just sounds as if MC Ride is having a mental breakdown and it feels as if a lot of people these days are.)

You Without End-Deafheaven (This song just has a very modern sense of angst about it that feels appropriate.)

I'm Not Okay I Promise-My Chemical Romance (A lot of people are just not okay.)

stormwyrm

(Don't Fear) The Reaper — Blue Öyster Cult (more cowbell is always needed)

Hammer to Fall — Queen ("Oh, lock your door but rain is pouring through your window pane Baby, baby, now your struggle is all in vain")

1999 — Prince (He misspelled 2019)

Mad World — Tears for Fears (the original version)

Crazy Train — Ozzy Osbourne (we're riding it today)

Cruel Summer — Bananarama (with the heatwave going on as well)

Ordinary World — Duran Duran ("and as I try to make my way to the ordinary world, I will learn to survive")

I'm Going Slightly Mad — Queen (seems to be true of most everyone)

It's the End of the World as we Know It (And I Feel Fine) — REM (Yeah it seems to be a common song)

Sinnerman — Nina Simone

In the Year 2525 — Zager and Evans

My Life Has Been Saved — Queen
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

FinalM

Here's my indie playlist mix that's kept me going through quarantine:

Drunk Drivers/Killer Whales - Car Seat Headrest
The Likeness of Being - Jamie T
Are You High? - Bad Sounds
Your Girlfriend - Blossoms
No Reptiles - Everything Everything
Too Good - Marsicans
Our Generation - Everyone You Know
Dead Celebrities - Easy Life
Twin Size Mattress - The Front Bottoms
Dude Like Him - Willie J Healey

Lilias

I don't usually bother with the mixes that YouTube creates for me, based on my searches, but over the last few weeks, they've proven really useful. Stuff gets shuffled up and down, but that doesn't make much difference. Anyway, this is what My Mix is right now.

1. Slade - Run Runaway
2. Buffy Sainte-Marie & Tanya Tagaq - You Gotta Run (Spirit Of The Wind)
3. George Ezra - Paradise
4. Stromae - Papaoutai
5. Marko Hietala - Kiviä
6. Jim Yosef - Firefly
7. Eleni Foureira x Tamta x Luca Hänni x Michela - Fuego (Mashup)
8. Panic! At the Disco - Victorious
9. Aitana & Ana Guerra - Lo Malo
10. SunStroke Project - Hey Mamma
11. Baha Men - Let's Go
12. Hadise - Prenses
13. Gülşen - Bangır Bangır
14. Shinedown - Get Up
15. Simge - As Bayrakları
16. Lesley Roy - Story Of My Life
17. Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut To The Feeling
18. Marina Satti - Mantissa
19. JT Music - Feel Like Fertilizin'
20. Family Lockdown Boogie
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Oniya

Quote from: Lilias on June 03, 2020, 01:25:12 PM
1. Slade - Run Runaway

Have to say, 'My Oh My' is getting a bit of play on my earphones.  That last verse, especially.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17