You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

June 21, 2021, 09:02:24 pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: D&Delight [M lf F]  (Read 1088 times)

Offline HawkwoodTopic starter

• Lord
  • Enchanted
  • Back and live
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
D&Delight [M lf F]
« on: March 14, 2020, 05:59:02 pm »
Hello.

I would say "pardon the pun" but if you're not a fan of bad puns and worse jokes (two goldfish are in a tank; one says to the other "how do I make the gun work?") then I don't think we're going to get on.

Now, I have another RT somewhere here, but I'm looking for something very particular.

What do I want?

I want to tell a D&D-style story set in a D&D-style world. I had a misspent youth reading Drizzt do'Marysue books, and have a fondness for the Forgotten Realms, and places like Waterdeep and the Sword Coast. The new trailer for Baldur's Gate 3 hasn't exactly put me off either. In more concrete terms, there are a few published adventures that would make for a very promising foundation:
-Ghosts of Saltmarsh, although in my retelling, it'd be rather more Call of Cthulhu / Dunwich Horror
-Dragon Heist, but my version would be way more like a heist-movie-caper affair.
-Kingmaker
-I'd love to try and run a variant of Skull and Shackles because I like big boats and I cannot lie, you other pirates can't deny!

But in all cases, it'd be our story.

Why am I posting here?

Because I'd like to tell a story with one other person, meaning that I can't post in the system game section. Also, I'm still in two minds of how much system (if at all) I'd want to use. I figure it's probably time to learn how to play D&D5...

Forgotten Realms! Intrigue! Adventure! Humour! Elegant and classy smu... er... erotica!

What sort of writing partner do I want?

I don't really care much about writing samples; to me, an RP is about the chemistry that two writers create, and that'll vary from one to another. What I tend to favour are people who want to work with me to tell an interesting story. "I want to play a right-handed Italian-American plumber from Brooklyn who goes bowling every Friday at 6pm, but I'm open to ideas" isn't really open to ideas. I firmly believe that your ideas + my ideas = better ideas.

So, tell me about the smut...

A lot of adverts I've seen for D&D feel like a thinly veiled excuse for non-con scenes. I'm not going to stack monsters up against you unless either the plot demands it, or you want to. I really do want to tell stories. But I also like writing erotica. If the story is food, and smut is the spicy, sauce, I'm here to eat spicy food.

System-RPs? Eww.

We don't have to use dice or systems or anything like that if you don't want to! D&D feels like it offers a good framework for a certain kind of story. I'm more into that kind of story than I am into d20s. What sort of story?

-Adventurers! Aka murder hobos
-Taverns!
-Adventures! Aka paramilitary mercenary work
-Travel. This is really a clear need for me after a dozen weeks in lockdown.

Genre: High Fantasy plus Crime-Intrigue / Mystery-Exploration

So what will we actually be doing?

We'd be telling three stories at the same time: the first would be exploring your character / background, the second would be the "monster-of-the-week" goal (although very rarely will it actually be a monster - goals to resolve in the course of a few hours of game-time / a few dozen-posts), and then over-arching metaplot.

Again, I firmly believe that OUR story is better than mine, so please bring your ideas. I very much look forward to sharing toys. So if you're interested, please drop me a PM.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 07:37:19 am by Hawkwood »

Offline thewildstrawberry

• Lady
  • Threesomer
  • "You want to run – I’ll run with you.”
  • View My Rolls
Re: D&Delight [M lf F]
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 10:52:55 pm »
Hi! I looked at the characters you prefer to play/interests and I think that we would possibly be a good match if you'd like to give it a shot. I've never played D&D but I am familiar with it and the aesthetic. I've played Savage Worlds (if you've never heard of it, it's an RPG basically like D&D). If you would like to give me some tips and more info on what you'd like from the storyline I think I'd definitely be interested in this kind of RP. "Medieval" themed stories are really interesting to me; for example I love Game of Thrones, The Witcher, The Last Kingdom etc etc.

Thanks!

Offline Terian

• Lord
  • Enchanted
  • I'm going to make a fool of myself here, aren't I?
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 09:03:26 pm »
Hmm, I like RPs, and I'm okay with writing female characters, not sure if that's okay with you though.

Offline HawkwoodTopic starter

• Lord
  • Enchanted
  • Back and live
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 04:09:44 pm »
I'd love to try and run a variant of Skull and Shackles because I like big boats and I cannot lie, you other pirates can't deny!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 07:37:10 am by Hawkwood »