You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2021, 10:53:36 pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: [M/M] [Poly] [Dark Themes] [Modern] All Addictions Anonymous  (Read 440 times)

Offline DotleyTopic starter

• Legate
  • Addict
  • weeps at everything; wants to live in the woods
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
[M/M] [Poly] [Dark Themes] [Modern] All Addictions Anonymous
« on: March 08, 2020, 05:16:37 am »
All Addictions Anonymous

Genres: Contemporary, Dark Romance, Drama, Slice of Life
Content: Dark Themes (PTSD, Trauma, Mental Illness), Addiction & Recovery, Substance Abuse, Psychological Manipulation, Group Therapy, City Life, "It's Complicated" Polyamory
Kinks: Threesomes & Moresomes, BDSM, Switching & Versatility, Abuse of Power, Vulnerable Men

Plot Summation: They meet in the basement of a church in the Bronx. It isn't anything fancy or all that special, but it's theirs. Monday nights is when their tight-knit little group meets up. It isn't religion that brings them together.

It's addiction.

Each and every single man in the group is an addiction. Booze. Drugs. Sex. Gambling. They all have their sins and personal demons. Their addictions are different, but all of the men share the same want to get better. They want be better. Though some are more successful at that than the others.

In this All Addictions Anonymous group, relapses are common and "thirteenth stepping" is rampant. They're so bad at breaking one of the cardinal rules of the program (do not engage in sexual relationships with fellow group members) that their last group leader rage quit on them.

But they refuse to give up on each other. They keep meeting up each and every week to support each other. Their persistence to the group and loyalty for each other eventually pays off.

A new face unexpectedly shows up at their Monday meetings. He isn't there just to join the group...he's there to lead them. In everything. Including the thirteenth-stepping.

Additional Info: I'm looking for someone to play the new Group Leader for a troubled All Addictions Anonymous support group. I'd like to play the regular group members opposite of the group leader. Yep, I'll be playing multiple characters! I love polyamory. I love a big cast of characters. This is just combining all those things together.

What am I looking for in the Group Leader? Please give me a character older than 35. Let me see someone with life experience, a man that's been battling his own addiction for years and doesn't always win against it, but he never gives up. In order to get along with the group his morality should be described as some shade of grey. And for the sake of compatibility he'll need to lean toward being dominant and enjoy topping. Switching and versatility are wonderful, but most of the guys in the group will need a firm hand to keep them in line. They'll be challenging his leadership from the get-go and some won't stop until they're made to back down.

I want this fairly dark and I'd like it realistic when it comes to the portrayal of addiction. No one should be "saving" anyone here. No magic cures or instant recovery, etc.

As for the portrayal of polyamory, well, let's just say it might not be the most healthy depiction...but it'll certainly be fun! I plan on having all of the group members develop a sexual attraction and/or romantic interest in the Group Leader. A love dodecahedron is the name of the game for the polyamory in this story. I want this to be a big, messy, and complicated web of feelings and relationships. It's definitely a character driven story.

While I'm primarily looking for someone to take on the role of the Group Leader, I won't say no to a writing partner that's willing to help fill out the cast and play multiple characters with me.

Interested?
Please send me a PM and let's chat about it!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 01:35:23 am by Dotley »

Offline DotleyTopic starter

• Legate
  • Addict
  • weeps at everything; wants to live in the woods
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: [M/M] [Poly] [Dark Themes] [Modern] All Addictions Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 01:36:48 am »
bump.