Removing guests and bots from the "Who's online" list

Started by gaggedLouise, February 27, 2020, 03:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaggedLouise

I've noticed that the Who's online list (from the bottom of the main page) has become more and more stuffed with "guests" (some of them searchbots). These are of no interest at all to me or most other people who sometimes check with the list I guess, the interesting bit is only the actual members.  :) I would like to be able to set the list to "members only". but it seems this has to be done for every new session, the default setting does include all those guests. Is there a way to change the setting permanently as a member?

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Beguile's Mistress

The names at the bottom of the page are only members who have been active on the site in the last 30 minutes.

Also, if you click the link available when you hover your cursor over the title of the section you get a list where you can select Everyone, Members Only, Guests or Spiders.

Geraint

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on February 27, 2020, 04:46:02 AM
The names at the bottom of the page are only members who have been active on the site in the last 30 minutes.

Also, if you click the link available when you hover your cursor over the title of the section you get a list where you can select Everyone, Members Only, Guests or Spiders.

Which you can then bookmark it exactly the way you want it, and use the bookmark to go to it so you don't have to re-sort it.

edit:  For me, I also clicked on the word "user" at the top of the list of members generated to alphabetize it before I bookmarked it.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on February 27, 2020, 04:46:02 AM

I know, that's just the list I was thinking of. What I'd like to do is to set that list to Members Only - on a permanent basis.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

PennySludt

Quote from: gaggedLouise on February 27, 2020, 05:26:37 AM
I know, that's just the list I was thinking of. What I'd like to do is to set that list to Members Only - on a permanent basis.
I think Geraint was saying that you can do that by re-bookmarking your Elliquiy shortcut after arranging the setting how you want. That's what I'm understanding, anyway.
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Qt