You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

June 06, 2020, 04:05:46 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Interest Check: Numenera  (Read 163 times)

Offline pedrocnTopic starter

Interest Check: Numenera
« on: February 15, 2020, 08:45:08 AM »
Hello people. Many of you probably haven't heard of a fantastic game created by Monte Cook called Numenera.
The setting is the Earth, but a billion years in the future. During this time Earth was home to great civilizations, some from others planets or even dimensions. Their technology was so advanced they could shape reality to their whims, and if looked at by someone from today it would look just like magic. At least eight of those civilizations arised in, or moved into, Earth, and then they vanished. It could have been a plague or a war, or maybe they moved out or ascended, becoming gods or something close to it. But they left traces behind. Animals from other planets, plants from other dimensions. Trinkets made of unbreakable glass and vehicles the size of a castle. At some places you can feel ancient machines the size of kingdoms humming at the bowels of the planet, still working after literal eons. It's in this world that humanity is, yet again, arising amidst the woundrous rubble, and the goal of the game is to explore the ruins left behind by the ancients, fight the beasts that evolved, were brought here or tinkered with, and repurpose pieces of their technology to make life better.
Despite such an interesting setting and easy-to-learn system, almost no one close by plays this game. So I came here looking for player(s) or groups. If you like the setting or got interested by the description i gave leave a comment below so i can gauge interest in the game.