News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

WhichBard's Tales

Started by WhichBard, February 11, 2020, 11:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhichBard

What I Offer

• I'm willing to pay Male or Female Characters
  • My writing partner can be of any gender.
  • Three-to-five paragraphs or mirror of effort for longer. This depends on context, (snappy dialogue/action scenes may be much shorter), but generally my minimum is three paragraphs, and if left to my own devices I go up from there. If a writing partner submits more in their post, I'm very likely to reflect so long as I can remain substantive with the response.

What I Look For

• Someone who can post, at minimum, once a week.
  • Someone who at least attempts to have good spelling/grammar. I make mistakes all the time, so I don't expect perfection ever. But it's worth at least running a spell check.
  • Someone whose minimum effort is at least three paragraphs, of course depending on context just like with my own effort.

Check out my Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=66553

This will start off pretty short, but over the next little while I'll keep adding different ideas and expanding from there. PM me if interested.

Fantasy
Sorcerers Bargain

This is super malleable; looking for either playing an ensemble with the other character going through the plot, or a straight up MxF pair where I'm either side of the equation. The idea is the Sorcerer is interacting either with someone in the mercenary company, the client themselves, or the rival.
Prompt
"Bargain with me." With a sorcerer, you must always bargain. To get what you want, you must have something to offer them in return. The greatest sorcerers demand prices that beggar princes, and the most minor would barter villager for a whole year of wages. Every negotiation began with that phrase, and ended with "This is my price." It was a ritual that spanned back beyond memory, and somehow made these promises binding for the sorcerer.

His twelfth client sat across from him, and set the paper and quill down onto the desk for him to sign. This one would bind him for awhile, and be a little dangerous - a royal brat, with mercenary company and Uncle's deep pockets, all for a throne that they probably didn't deserve. He would consult on magic, defend his client from their enemies, and in return he would receive a fortune in gold up front, with another fortune waiting for him on the other side, or in a year. Whichever came first. He knew he wasn't the only one they had hired, and his partner was the reason why he demanded so much. The last time that they had seen one another, he had killed their client. Bad blood was inevitable.