You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 22, 2020, 09:47:36 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Vulnicura's Big Ideas (MxF or MxTrans)  (Read 233 times)

Offline VulnicuraTopic starter

• Surrealist. Pop Culture Junkie. Unrepenting Coffee Addict.
  • Knight
  • Enchanted
  • Gimme Fiction
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Vulnicura's Big Ideas (MxF or MxTrans)
« on: February 11, 2020, 11:50:00 AM »

STATUS
Willing and Able
Accepting new partners

UPDATES
Welcome to my new request thread. While it was birthed mostly out of boredom, I did feel like a change was in order. The old thread had grown tired and tangled in the cobwebs of yesteryear. While I considered simply redecorating it, after some consideration, I was more keen on a fresh start and all of what that entails. And so, here we are. I hope you enjoy the read.

Ons and Offs and Other Things

AN INTRODUCTION
Hi. I'm Vulnicura and this is my request thread. I'm not very good at writing about myself and most information that would be of any use to you can likely be found in my O/O thread (linked above). All the same, I think there may be a few important little bits and pieces of information that may have some use here, just to give you an idea of what I'm all about.
  • On the Subject of Style
    To begin, I think that it's important to understand what I like to write, how I write, and what I'm really looking for in all of this. I feel like most of my story ideas and plot hooks are a bit different than a lot of the offerings on E. That isn't too say that my stories are better or at all superior. They're just... different. I tend to veer more towards the surreal, offbeat, or otherwise experimental. This can take the form of various genres, but the common thread is that there is always some level of absurdity and overall strangeness. I enjoy juxtaposing surreal elements with mundane, everyday environments, and emphasizing a dreamlike quality of mystery. That's a lot and probably sounds pretentious, I know. Like I said, I'm bad at writing about myself.
    It's also worth noting that I don't do Non-Consensual or scenes involving inherently extreme kinks. There is room for darkness in my stories, but that darkness usually occupies the plot and not the sexy bits.
  • Regarding Partners
    In seeking new partners, chemistry is everything to me. I'm generally open to playing with just about anyone regardless of gender, but a general understanding and ability to communicate with one another is more important to me than desired post length, O/Os, gender, writing perspective, etc. I can adapt to most anything, but I can't see myself writing with a partner that I don't get along with on an OOC basis. Planning and plotting is also important to me. I never dive right into writing with someone new and strongly prefer to have a long discussion about the story first, planning our characters and deciding where we would both like to see the story go. This is all pretty much imperative.
    I also think it's worth pointing out here that I only play Male characters. In regards to possible pairings, I'm open to Male/Female and Male/Transfemale. Just to clarify as it has come up before: I'm not interested in 'Futas', effeminate men, transmales, or anything else outside of the scope detailed above. Sorry!
  • Smut, Sex, and Gettin' It
    I love smut. Without a love of smut, I likely wouldn't be here at all. I enjoy writing it, I enjoy reading it, and I enjoy thinking about it. In the past, it's even safe to say that most of my ideas were smut driven. That, however, has changed drastically in my time here. Now, I want story with my smut and smut with my story. I want sex scenes that advance the plot and a plot that makes room for sex scenes. Basically, I enjoy balance. That's the keyword here.
  • A Mild Word of Warning
    For those of you with a fixation on grammar, spelling, and so on... It should be noted that I do the majority of my writing on my cell phone. This is mostly out of necessity, unfortunately. It also means that I'm often subject to typos, mistakes, autocorrect fuck-ups, misplaced words, and all the other terrible things you might expect come with that territory. If that's untenable to you, I apologize, but we may not work out.
Whew. With that wall of text out of the way (and on the off-chance anyone is still actually reading this), I think the only thing left to do is give you what you're here for: Plots, story ideas, and requests. I do hope you enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 11:54:56 AM by Vulnicura »

• Knight
  • Enchanted
  • Gimme Fiction
  • View My Rolls
Re: Vulnicura's Big Ideas (MxF or MxTrans)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 11:51:10 AM »
BIG IDEAS
This must be the place. It's here that my various ideas reside, waiting for their instructions to be mobilized by a willing partner. Below, you'll find them alphabetically organized. Enjoy and I hope you find something alluring enough to message me over!

A story about ghosts, acceptance, secret cults, and our haunted world.
Genre(s):  Horror/Mystery
Pairing(s):  A male widow interested in the occult and a novice medium/spiritualist acting as his guide
Inspired By:  Twin Peaks, House of Leaves, awful ghost hunting TV shows

The Story:  It had been five years since the death of his wife as Carson Crowley still felt lost in the world. It wasn't your typical sort of grieving; sure, maybe it had been for the first year or so, but after a while it changed. It wasn't that he didn't miss her and he still loved her as much as he could love someone no longer alive, but there was an inescapable sense that he was still bound to her in a way that he couldn't quite explain. It was if she were a ghost, haunting him in silence and consuming his waking life.
Therapy hadn't helped. Medication worked for a time, but only for a few months. Carson first heard about Cassadaga through an article on some random website. Located in Central Florida, it was reputed as having the world's largest concentrated population of psychics, mediums, and other spiritualists. Carson had always considered himself something of a skeptic, but at his wit's end, he soon found himself making the trip down to Florida in hopes of finding someone who could connect him to the other side and bring him a sense of closure.
That someone came in the form of a fledgling medium he met in his hotel bar. She offered a private seance at a good price coupled with the promise of letting him speak to his deceased wife. Neither of them knew what that seance would set in motion. Neither of them knew they would find themselves plunged into a world of conspiracy, secret cults, ghosts, and demons. Neither of them knew the mysteries that lurked in Cassadaga or that it would be up to them to close the doorway between our world and the land of the dead...

Notes:  So, first and foremost, Cassadaga is a real place! You can find out more about it on Wikipedia.

This story will mostly revolve around these two uncovering wild esoteric mysteries, investigating various hauntings about town, and trying to avoid a secretive cult with malevolent motives. For Carson, this story is also about accepting the loss of his wife and moving forward.

I have a lot of experimental concepts for this idea that play heavily off of the book House of Leaves. This includes using strange formatting to give a sense of unease throughout the story and using dream logic throughout the narrative to add to surreal nature of things. The perfect partner for this would be someone who enjoys worldbuilding.

A story about exploring a place that shouldn't exist, the things that live there, and the end of the world.
Genre(s):  Sci-Fi/Horror
Pairing(s):  Two members of an expedition into a secret, otherworldly place.
Inspired By:  Annihilation (and the Southern Reach Triology as a whole.)

The Story:  If you were to ask three scientists from the same field of study what exactly The Inland Expanse is and why it exists, you would receive three different answers. These are the facts: The Inland Expanse is a located in Southern Nevada, an hour away from Las Vegas and straddling the California border. It is comprised of a fifty square mile section of land that was closed to the public in 1994. It is an ecological marvel in the sense that, for reasons still unknown, various flora and fauna that either don't belong in the Nevada desert or haven't been seen before at all began to take root there, slowly expanding. Prior to its closure, a clandestine government agency known as The Mojave Research Collective (hereby referred to as The MRC) made it their business to study, research, and better understand the phenomenon. As of 2020, The Inland Expanse is still gives more questions than answers.
The main method of research over the years has taken the form of sending in teams if researchers to study The Inland Expanse face to face. To date, there have been four official expeditions total. While every expedition has yielded new and fascinating discoveries, the fourth expedition became the most noteworthy when only one of the twenty researchers that crossed into The Inland Expanse returned. This researcher, who specialized in biochemistry, returned as a babbling mess with a sort of amnesia regarding what happened during the six month expedition.
Two years later, after studying the ebb and flow of The Inland Expanse from a distance, The MRC decided it was time to send in a fifth team to uncover more secrets and, with any luck, discover what happened to the fourth expedition... This is their story.

Notes: This story is heavily inspired by The Southern Reach book series and, to a lesser extent, the movie adaptation of Annihilation. I would highly recommend watching the movie if you're interested in this story as it does a pretty excellent job at giving the general vibe that I'm going for.

We'll be playing members of the fifth expedition as they traverse what amounts to an alien world in the middle of the Nevada desert. There is the chance to play multiple characters, though this isn't entirely necessary.

This is another story where a partner who enjoys worldbuilding will be perfect.

A story about the absence of privacy, the will of the audience, and the things people will do for money.
Genre(s):  Sci-Fi
Pairing(s):  Two contestants in an intrusive, futuristic game show.
Inspired By:  The Truman Show, The Real World, YouTube

The Story:  In the not too distant future, the most popular show in the world is an immersive web series known as The Isolation Games. In the series, two strangers are chosen from a pile of applicants to live in a luxurious underground compound for a full year. They're completely alone and isolated from the outside world. Their daily lives are livestreamed 24/7 for the world to see. The rules are simple: They live together and, if they make it the full year without quitting, they receive a sizeable cash prize. The catch, of course, is that the audience is able to affect their environment, introduce various challenges, and attempt to engineer certain interactions between them.
This is the third season of The Isolation Games and, as always, there are a few new surprises in store to keep the concept fresh... Will the new contestants make it the full year? Will they be able to deal with the whims of the audience? Tune in and find out.

Notes: This is a fairly simple idea that I don't think needs much explaining beyond what you see above. We'll be playing two contestants, isolated from the rest of society, and left to their own devices. I think this story will be more of a character study than anything else.

A story about urban legends, the fringes of society, summer road trips, and H.P. Lovecraft. (Warning: Incest)
Genre(s):  Horror-Comedy/Travelogue
Pairing(s):  A father and daughter on a supernatural road trip to save the world.
Inspired By:  Gravity Falls, Lovecraftian fiction, Evil Dead

The Story: It was supposed to be a simple summer vacation. A three month long father-daughter road trip from coast to coast in an old RV. A chance to bond, see the sights, and escape from reality for a while. That was, of course, until a chance stop at an otherwise non-descript roadside motel changed their lives forever...
Devin and his daughter had always had a mild fascination with the macabre. Horror movies in particular were something they had often bonded over... which is why, when his daughter found a black-covered book with a red spine in the bedside table where the Gideons Bible should have been, Devin really should have stopped her from reading it. Instead, they unleashed an ancient god named Zhoubbux upon the world, bent on domination and destruction. It happens, you know?
With book still in hand detailing the ritual to  trap  Zhoubbux once more, Devin and his daughter become the unlikely saviors of the world as they make their way across the continent, following a trail of destruction and absolute weirdness.

Notes: This idea is actually pretty lighthearted and fun, if you ask me. While it has room to be scary, bizarre, and steeped in Lovecraftian weirdness, it's ultimately about a father and a daughter doing everything in their power to fix what they fucked up.

I have quite a few ideas for this story that would be better discussed with a potential partner. Unlike a lot of my ideas, I also have quite a few ideas for my partner's character and her general disposition. If you'd like to know more, feel free to PM me!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 01:05:14 PM by Vulnicura »

• Knight
  • Enchanted
  • Gimme Fiction
  • View My Rolls
Re: Vulnicura's Big Ideas (MxF or MxTrans)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 11:51:46 AM »
[Reserved for later]