You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

June 21, 2021, 07:36:56 pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Been Vaccinated? Or not?
...sharing central.

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Help finding like minded writers  (Read 637 times)

Offline Fierbali111Topic starter

• Legate
  • Enchanted
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Help finding like minded writers
« on: November 22, 2019, 10:53:11 pm »
Hi, so here's my honest problem, it turns out i really, really dislike rping because its impossible to write a story with someone.

I have never finished a story here. I thought rping in this site would be a cooperative writing of a story, something where two parties plan out a nice cohesive plot with character progression and helping each other with character roles and writing the darn thing out. Instead, everyone seems to hate planning; every story breaks down into wish fulfillment, or their kinks get weirder and weirder until one action is their sole focus in the story. This all sounds whiny(and it is) but I really hoped I could find someone that could understand the things I wanted and that we could aline to the point where a story could be written.

Oh, and then there's the flaking. So much flaking you could put it in a bowl with some milk and call it breakfast. Anyways, thanks for reading, maybe anyone has some advice?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 10:54:40 pm by Fierbali111 »

Offline Lexandria

• Hermit | Crazy Giraffe Lady
  • Oracle
  • Addict
  • Ask. You know you want to.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Help finding like minded writers
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 11:36:14 pm »
Hi Fierbali111,

Since Elliquiy is such a large site, there's a ton of different folks with different writing styles here, some who love plotting out stories, some who like to go with the flow, some who are looking for a story with plot and planning, some who are looking for something more smut and/or kink focused.

My advice would be to start by fleshing out your ons/Offs with information on what you'd like story-wise with a partner, including planning and plot/character development. You can also add in a bunch of info about your writing style, how you'd like communication to go, etc. It doesn't have to be just a list of kinks. The more detailed you are, the more likely you are to attract somone who is the sort of partner you're hoping for.

In the One-on-One RP search area we have a list of the various registries for members, including one that is for plot-focused stories; you may have good luck adding yourself to that list and/or looking into the folks who have added themselves to it.

If you'd like help writing a story, we have the Storyteller's Cafe as ell for some writing exercises and projects, as well as areas for world building and story telling in general; you might find folks in those sections who have a style more what you're looking for, or in the various writing contests/games that are advertised on the banner.

Finding partners you click with takes time, but is definitely worth it when you find them!

Offline RedPhoenix

• 흑인의 목숨은 소중하다
  • Centurion
  • Addict
  • Now It's Fine =]
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 11:38:17 am »
It helps if you make sure your partners know what you're looking for, especially if your desire is to write a story that will complete it helps to have an idea of generally how you think it should go, at least enough to have a roadmap. It's important to plot these things out with your partner, so finding someone willing to do that is the tricky bit.

All I can say is be patient and keep looking. I think most everyone has frustrations with partners vanishing or being stolen away by RL or with posting an idea and getting no interest. But if you keep at it you will find the right person or even many right people eventually! :)

Offline Nico

• They/Them. Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) #Terrible #SorryNotSorry #MuseCrack. #NSFShades #EclipseTwin #Mulder #Moriarty #WAT - Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #Coffee #IWantToBelieve
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 12:18:54 pm »
After over ten years on Elliquiy, I had it all. The trick is to move on and keep trying. Also, I think it is very important to be straightforward with what you want. It might drive people away and it might draw people in but it is entirely impossible to please everyone. Communication is everything and I always found that it is important to be very direct and speak out what you expect. All you really can do is keep trying. There are so many wonderful writers on here! It is worth it.