Is there a way to find my specific post in a thread that has many users?

Started by Galactic Druid, October 22, 2019, 10:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

Someone helped me out with this once before (Amaris, I think?), but it was so long ago I’ve completely forgotten how it works.

I’m trying to find a post I made in One-shots Classifieds over a year ago for last Halloween. I can’t remember for the life of me how to search a single thread for my own posts, and searching for terms I remember using in the request isn’t giving me the results I was hoping for either. If there any way to view just my posts from that one thread?

Britwitch

Current status : Selectively seeking new stories

FoxWriter

if you go onto that thread/forum and type your name into the search bar at th very top of the page, right next to the shoutbox, you'll see everything you posted or has your name in it, in a nice tidy row.

Galactic Druid

Whoops, I forgot to bookmark this page, so I was slow to see the answers!

Quote from: Britwitch on October 22, 2019, 10:40:21 AM
Would it be this post?

Yes! Although I swear I had more than one idea in it. I must be getting old, lol. Thank you so much, by the way!

Quote from: FoxWriter on October 22, 2019, 12:37:38 PM
if you go onto that thread/forum and type your name into the search bar at th very top of the page, right next to the shoutbox, you'll see everything you posted or has your name in it, in a nice tidy row.

I don't know why, but it just doesn't seem to work for me. I've tried it with and without an underscore for the space, but I still get zero search results.

Nymphadora

Searching for a person's posts in the One-shot Classifieds thread doesn't seem to work. I was looking the other day for the original post I picked up with the fellow to get a refresher on the original premiss. Tried searching his name while in the thread and nothing. Searched a word I was pretty sure was in the title and found it in a shortlist.

So I agree, searching for a person with that thread at least, doesn't seem to work weirdly.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Galactic Druid

I remember!!

I still don't remember who taught me, but I remember the method they taught me now!

All you have to do is click "print" at the top of the thread. The browser loads a text-only version of the entire thread, and you can use Ctrl+F to search for whatever it is you want!

Nymphadora

OH YEAH!
I remember that trick now!
Nice! Thanks for sharing the remembrance!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Galactic Druid

My pleasure! Kind of ironic that wanting to help someone with the same problem helped me remember better than my own need for the trick, lol.

Nymphadora

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Amaris