Started by Skade, September 22, 2019, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skade

A Snowy Rendezvous

Currently    kicking and screaming
Current Active                                    0
O/O
Deep Dive request thread coming ? maybe

Took a very very long break but I'm interested in roleplaying again. Life just got in the way, you know?

Hello, I am Skade, one who used to call herself a winter Goddess. But alas, even I had to fall from grace at some point. Role playing is a time passing activity that I had to put aside for nearly an entire year (again!) in order to find some order and balance in my life. And no, I haven't found either of those things! I am tired of waiting, and just thought I'd pop back (again!) and see what new things await. I have learned over the last few years that I need to slow down and take smaller steps. So instead of big huge story ideas, I'll list some pairings I want to do. Take it easy, you know? Let's see if something sparks from those. Also, feel free to look through my archived ideas. It's been long enough that I'll give 'em a shot again.

Before you get too far, I want to inform you of my personality a little bit, because I think it might help you determine whether or not you want to interact with me. I am girly, I love pink and dresses and unicorns that poop rainbows, and I try my absolute best to be positive whenever I can. I get really uncomfortable when people act edgy for the shock value. Please don't be extremely brooding and pessimistic for no particular reason, I won't know how to talk to you. Now this doesn't mean I expect constant peaches and cream all the time, sometimes there are days when the sun doesn't shine. I like to think I'm a friendly gal, and don't mind chatting here and there. Now in terms of writing stories, yes. I want drama, I want heartache, I want tears and dark pasts. But I also want our characters to overcome, to blossom, and to find that light at the end of the tunnel, even if it is dim and seemingly impossible to reach. There are instances where I feel like writing as a delicate damsel who needs to be rescued more often than not, and other times I want to write as a lady who makes her boy-toy hold her tiara while she partakes in some butt-kicking. You get the picture. In all my flowery and rose-scented glory, I still like to tell gritty stories with risk, bloody fights, and any sort of fitting action. Now to bring up the thing that, in my personal experience, makes or breaks deals:

SMUT: HOW MUCH? ANY AT ALL? The answer is yes, smut is good. But do I want it to be the main, central thing of the story? Perhaps. One shots are the main instance when I don't mind a greater focus on smut. But if you're looking for something a little longer lasting, then I prefer to keep it believable and not the one and only thing our characters think of doing all the time. Please look at my O/O that is linked above, and also in my signature. I'll look at yours as well if you have one! I realize that some things may not be listed on there, and it's possible I hadn't thought of it. Feel free to ask, but know that I may not be into it.

Feel free to send me ideas! If you want to role play, all you have to do is ask. And I always love when people send prompts my way. If something on here intrigues you then let me know. Nothing in this post is set in stone and can easily be morphed around to fit your liking. Should you have any suggestions then I'd be glad to hear them. You don't even have to send me anything related to what I have here. I love to brainstorm and build stories and characters from scratch. Before we get into these potential stories, I want to talk about some current favorites of mine. There is a simple list at the end of the thread.

FREQUENCY AND STUFF My life is pretty busy and something is almost always happening. I am not always able to post every day, but I will check in here and there. I can respond to PMs and I might mess around in the forum games. But posts that require some time to work on will have to be done when I can have a sit-down and focus on them. So even if I am online I may not be able to respond to the game unless I am home and not busy with something else. I will do my best to communicate with you if things are not quite working out. This isn't really something that you absolutely must do in return. I'm not one to pester my partners to post if they haven't said anything in a while. If you want to just move on and do your own thing, that is understandable.

My favorite genre right now is high/low fantasy. I absolutely love every aspect of it. The monsters, the magic, the epic worldbuilding. I have the most fun with dark medieval and shabby urban settings.

My favorite pairings right now are male x female and female x female. I am most comfortable when my primary character is a lady. Some more specific pairings can be found in the end-of-thread list.

Interest Key

🍑   moderately interested
💕   super interested in this right now
💔   not interested in this right now
💤   not enthusiastic about this, but i want to breathe life back into it some day (archived ideas, usually)

o/o  requests  cafe 
Currently: kicking and screaming

Skade

Pairing Lists and Story Stuff

Here are a couple of my major cravings right now. As I said, I am weak in the knees for fantasy stories.

• 💕 D&D or Pathfinder setting/inspired adventure You don't have to be familiar with Pathfinder or D&D for us to use these settings. Hell, I'm not even 100% read up on them, even though I take part in the occasional tabletop game. Here are some ideas derived from actual campaigns. Again, you don't have to be a tabletop nerd or know anything about these. If one looks interesting, please, go for it! Also, I am not looking to add actual tabletop mechanics into a role play. Only inspo and flavor. We're only gonna spin our own story based on the prompt and go wild! (I'll act as a GM of sorts while playing my own character.) If neither of these appeal to you, we can make something more homebrew.

-- 💕 Kingmaker. Venture into the Stolen Lands, vanquish the ruthless bandit lord, and set the foundation for your barony. Sounds simple enough, right? The reward for your efforts is power and influence. You'd be making history. But... there's a reason why the Stolen Lands are so cursed, a reason why this ripe country is un-conquerable. There's something the Aldori Swordlord didn't tell you before she sent you away to conquer the impossible. Turns out, you'll have to destroy something much more terrifying than a wild-king. Do you have what it takes to build your kingdom upon this unturned soil?

-- 💕 The Wild Beyond the Witchlight. (to quote the module) "The first stars of night twinkle above the apricot sunset. Giant dragonflies whir overhead, trailing streamers, and a low mist curls over the ground. Through a floral archway, you glimpse wondrous and vibrant creatures—elf stilt walkers, dancing faeries, and painted performers. Everywhere there is laughter, pixie dust, bubbles, and the wistful tune of a whistling calliope." But despite all the joy and revelry, you feel empty. Something of yours was stolen when you were young, and you have a nagging feeling that you might be able to find it again at this carnival. Little did you expect to be thrust into a world far beyond your own, all to get back what you lost all those years ago. It isn't long before you realize that something wicked this way comes. And you may be the only one who can stop it.

You'll find that I'm super basic when it comes to pairings. Sometimes I just like normie stuff. But you know, basic things can be turned into something more complex. These are meant to be stand alone things to build from, but it wouldn't be out of the question to combine one with the above prompts.

Trad Fantasy Elf Noble x Human Ranger, Rider x Dragon, Werewolf x Human(or something), Stigmatized Witch x Hunter, Wizard x Fighter, Warrior Princess x Farmer, Vampire x Mortal, Mermaid x Land dweller, Warlock x Patron, Prisoner x Savior, Monster Hunters, Rivals, Star-Crossed Lovers, etc.

SoL I don't have any, but if you'd like to come up with something I am more than willing to talk it out.
o/o  requests  cafe 

Skade

Fandom Settings

I should preface by saying that I have not visited these in a really long time. I'd need to give myself a bit of a refresher if we want to use any of these. I still understand the bare basics so if we want to do something more casual in an inspired-by kind of way, that's totally fine.

Anime Demon Slayer, Pokemon (NO TRAINER X POKEMON. NUH UH), Mob Psycho 100, Ghibli, Attack on Titan, Tokyo Ghoul, Some kind of Magical Girl situation, Hetalia (if you're feeling obnoxious and goofy), My Hero Academia (purely OC fics... I love the setting but I'm not a super fan anymore),

Live Actions Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter

Games Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate 3 (tav x tav mainly, i am not familiar with the older games), Elder Scrolls, Monster Hunter: World, Stardew Valley (If you're feeling cute, might delete later), Kynseed (this one's obscure, i know), D&D settings like Faerun or Ebberon
o/o  requests  cafe 

Skade

Archive

Dead Stuff
💔 Wrath of Scorge

Wrath of Scorge
Pairing human x shifter
Available? absolutely!
My Character Yera Arlet
Mood Intense adventure, upbeat and tragic at the same time.
The Way Home

NOTE This is an old idea I've had for a really long time. It is fairly open-ended so should you fancy this idea, there will need to be a longer discussion.

YC came from a clan known as the Corvus, a race of shifters who had two physical forms they could switch between. The body of a human, and the body of a crow or a raven. The race was lost to history, and they became only something that children would hear about in storybooks. YC had been in a very brutal feud between their own brother and a Corvus known as Scorge. They had been trying to get away from the two for years, and had nearly forgotten what had started the problem in the first place. All that YC knew was that Scorge wanted them dead.

MC is a common farm girl who is the only daughter of a farmer and his wife. Their homestead is located out on a wide-open plain only a few miles from a settlement outpost. Their usual isolation had caused MC to become adventurous and curious. She would wander the surrounding areas in hopes of entertaining herself.

That is when MC came across an injured crow that happened to be YC. YC was a bit startled when MC picked them up to take them back home. She had no idea that YC was a Corvus. She mended the wound on the crow and then went off to sleep for the night. But when she woke up, YC was attempting to climb out the window, having transformed back into a human in the night. A Corvus can only remain in their feathered form for a certain amount of time before becoming fatigued.

YC and MC stared at each other in shock for a long moment, both unsure what to do about the other.

💤 A Protector

A Protector
Pairing human x celestial
Available? absolutely!
My Character Chrys Terrace
Mood romantic, eerie, gothic-ish
Leap of Faith

YC is not of this world. They are an enigma, an entity that dwells among the Gods and champions.
A servant to the Gods, some might say. They have a purpose to protect.

MC is the daughter of a seamstress and a merchant, living simply off the land in a riverside community. She knows nothing of the dangers that her father meddles with, and she also must deal with her mother's cold resentment. For several years after MC's seventeenth birthday, her father had gone mad, exceedingly cryptic and crazed. He became overly protective, threatening to lock his daughter in the cellar just to ensure that she would be safe. From what, he would not say, as something seemed to be keeping him from speaking of it directly. His madness drove her mother away, influencing her to abandon her family.

MC was afraid of this, losing sleep over her dear father's state of mind. Though nothing could prepare her for what followed. Her father was killed. His throat was slashed and his body was torn to ribbons. And it seemed
that whatever had killed him was now after MC.

MC's father was truly not alright, but he hadn't completely lost his mind. Before he was killed, he begged the heavens for help, pleading until his dying breath that his innocent daughter be protected from the beasts that
consumed him. And the Gods sent him YC.

💔 Beneath the Midnight Sun

Beneath the Midnight Sun
Pairing male x female or female x female
Available? absolutely!
My Character Unknown
Mood dark, tragic, perhaps there is no happy ending.
Just To Hold You One More Time

NOTE My intention is for at least one of the characters to be the child of the Emperor. The other can be discussed, as this idea is rather open ended.

Once per month a red moon rises, casting dim red light over the world. Monsters thrive from its energy and become nearly invulnerable. In recent years, the red moon's energy began to affect humans. Fortunately, the affliction is rare. Unfortunately... there is no cure. Those burdened with the disease are born with it. It is not hereditary, it is completely random. Those afflicted become blood thirsty, flesh hungry, scabby abominations during red moons and will kill and devour anyone they can get their hands on.

When children are discovered to be diseased by their families, their condition is either kept secret and measures are taken to ensure no one will be harmed, or they are aptly gotten rid of... whether they are given away to someone else, or 'put to sleep,' the action varies.

To ensure the safety of the people, Emperor Seraph of Harbing enacted a law on the day of his coronation - that those discovered to have the 'Red Moon's Affliction' shall be exterminated without hesitation. Families with afflicted children are encouraged to hand their afflicted child over to law enforcement for their own good. But times arise where families protect their children, even if they become murderous monsters. For thirty years the law seemed to reduce the number of incidents.

Emperor Seraph eventually hits a dilemma; his new bride gives birth to a child with the Red Moon's curse.

💔 Genres tab

Typical Fantasy

The World As We Know It
Available? yes ma'am 💕
My Character Undecided
Mood bittersweet, perhaps scary, potential badassery awaits
Song? not yet

NOTE If you like "chosen one" stories, this could be fun. One character is a current champion of Aniara. The other is this mortal who may be the offspring of this goddess. Although this doesn't have to be the pairing we play with. We could come up with another pairing to spice things up a little. We can talk it out. Suggestions or ideas welcome!

Once someone becomes a champion of Aniara, they are sworn to protect the mortal realm from horrors that threaten it. It is because of these heroes that the people of Mulmae continue to live on. There have been many close calls, but in the end, they always prevail.

Aniara is growing weaker, and many prophets and oracles are beginning to express that perhaps the goddess is fading. Nothing lasts forever, and the world is dying. Terrors from the far realms are advancing, and Aniara's warriors have grown incredibly scarce. As doom looms just over the horizon, they continue to uphold their oaths to their dying breaths.

When all hope seems lost, the Sibyl speaks for the first time in three centuries. She speaks of a mortal who carries the blood of the goddess herself, and that this person is the key to making the world whole again.

Urban Fantasy

Outsiders
Available? yep 🍑
My Character Undecided
Mood mysterious, thriller-ish, supernatural
Song? not yet

NOTE This is your typical "everyone in town is a vampire, werewolf, witch, cryptid of some kind, etc" while our characters are just regular people who are treated differently because they're different. The relationship between our characters can be different from the whole "strangers to (insert relationship type here)." Now our main characters aren't always ignored or given cold or harsh treatment. It's just that, in general, people don't treat them normally. There can be some NPCs who are friendly but still initially hide the truth. A lot of things are possible, so suggestions are welcome as always.

Small towns, one would expect, are pretty transparent. That's why YC left the bustle of the city in which they were raised. There's a lesser degree of chaos and it may be the perfect place to settle down, meet someone, and perhaps even start a family. But little do they know, this small town is anything but typical. After they move into their new home, they begin to notice how their neighbors seem wary of them despite their efforts to be friendly. How people they have never met before give them a wide berth while they walk down the street downtown. Retail workers seem to keep a close eye on them in stores and at the supermarket. Even when they start their new job, it doesn't seem like anyone trusts them, or even wants to associate with them. YC is rather frustrated and considers the option of returning back home to resume their misery in the city, despite the massive dent it would make in their bank account.

Then, they catch wind of a "new girl" at work. As it turns out, a new accountant just started working at the office. For a while, YC thought she'd be just like everyone else. But after having a few minor encounters, they notice that MC is more like them than everyone else in town. She receives the same treatment and is the only one that doesn't seem to dislike them. Something is clearly going on, and YC thinks that MC is the only one who might be able to help them get to the bottom of it.

Science Fiction

Affliction
Available? you betcha 🍑
My Character Undecided
Mood actiony, scary, anxiety inducing, or just a good time killing monsters.
Song? not yet

NOTE Let's discuss any possible scenario! This is a post-apocalyptic story about aliens and a disease. Can potentially be a western-style story, too.

The world, as we know it, is dead. With the advancement in technology skyrocketing in the early 21st century, people thought that the world would reach new heights. That didn't happen. Instead, an intelligent, monstrous alien species invaded the planet for unknown reasons. While humanity put up a good fight, it was almost completely wiped out. With little warning, the invaders returned to their crafts and abandoned the planet- or at least, that's what people think happened. Information tends to get muddled over the course of one thousand years.

Now, the earth that exists is a melting pot of strange creatures. Humans are remarkably resilient, but they aren't quite the same as they once were. Civilization has nearly crumbled into oblivion, and the planet's inhabitants are forced to fend for themselves. The world is harsh and in an even worse state than it was after the invasion that caused this downfall.

Strange creatures (stranger than the ones living on this mostly dead planet) are beginning to emerge. They are vicious and will stop at nothing to eradicate anything in their paths. To make matters worse, they brought with them a deadly, petrifying disease.

Slice of Life

Small World, Big Apple
Available? yessir 🍑
My Character Undecided
Mood drama! is that a mood?
Young

NOTE This is an older idea I've had. We can talk specifics to get the story a little more outlined. As usual, input is welcome! Can be changed to your liking.

YC and MC grew up together. They were friends as kids, and even tried the whole relationship thing in high school, but it was awkward and they decided to pretend it never happened. Like most childhood friendships, it didn't hold up into the adult years. MC dropped out in the middle of their senior year and the two just drifted apart. Skip ahead about ten or eleven years, and it's MC's (shotgun) wedding day. Her old man's about to walk her down the aisle, about to hand her off to the guy who knocked her up. And it's the moment she's been dreading since she broke the news to her parents. At the last minute, she decides to climb out the window and run, completely ditching the ceremony and all 120 guests that her mother decided to invite. Wedding dress and all, MC runs from her problems yet again.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the city, a smaller congregation gathers to witness the union between two loves who, on the surface, seemed very devoted to each other. However, it was entirely one-sided. YC has been at the altar for a little too long. Their soon-to-be wife hasn't turned up, because she was too busy getting busy with the best man (or bridesmaid) in the changing room. Turns out, that affair had been going on for two years. HALF the time YC and this unfaithful woman had been together. In shock, completely and utterly heartbroken, YC takes their leave, unable to hold back tears.

It seems that this very special day ended in ruins. Both of them turn up at a small hole-in-the-wall sports bar around the same time. An odd way to reunite after all those years, isn't it?

Cross Country Convos
Available? o'course 💕
My Character Undecided
Mood light hearted, lonely
Song? not yet

NOTE Letters!

The penpal system has, more or less, become obsolete. With the invention of the internet, the written letter isn't so common anymore. However, a website dedicated to this lost art still tries to uphold it. The rule is simple (but not necessarily enforced). The only communication you should have with your penpal should be on a good ol' piece of paper. Of course, social media information is bound to be exchanged. But in one story out of many others, a pair of strangers decide to stick to that rule.

It started out as more of a curiosity. How much could something like this really last? Two people who live on opposite ends of the country decided to sign up for penyourpal.com. They filled out a questionnaire, provided a mailing address, and hit submit. After a week or two, one of them gets an e-mail that contains the mailing address and the name of the other (of course with consent), and a lengthy declaration about how this simple form of communication is terribly underrated. No one ever cares to read that part.

So they decide to send a letter, unaware of what would come to pass.

Uncategorized

💔 Fandoms Tab

Fandoms and More

Universes in which I Will RP

I suppose that I should mention that I don't typically play cannon characters as my primary, but I am comfortable doing so if they appear as more secondary characters to our story. There may be exceptions to this, but only under specific circumstances. I am more interested in the world and the lore (the lore that I know to the best of my knowledge) rather than the main central storyline. The ones which I am most familiar would be the ones which I'd be willing to play through an alternate version of events through the main storyline. But, for the most part, I prefer to use the universe and lore to make an original-ish story. More details can be discussed.

I'd be willing to play canon characters in stories based off of the Studio Ghibli films (aged up of course). In fact, I'd prefer to play a cannon as my primary character. I won't make you do the same, that much is up to you.

🍑 Game of Thrones
🍑 Harry Potter
🍑 Star Wars / The Mandalorian

💔 Pokemon
🍑 Tokyo Ghoul
🍑 Madoka Magicka
💔 Naruto
🍑 My Hero Academia
🍑 One Punch Man
💕 Mob Psycho 100
💕 Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
💕 My Neighbor Totoro
🍑 Spirited Away
💕 Kiki's Delivery Service

💕 The Elder Scrolls (Oblivion, Skyrim)
💔 The Witcher
💔 Monster Hunter: World
💔 The Last of Us
💔 Fallout
💔 Dragon Age (Origins, Inquisition)

Fandom Specific Plots

Psychedelic Love
Available? yes! 💕
My Character Maiki Matsui
Mood The intended mood is light hearted, maybe a little spicy! Honestly, the mood depends on what we think fits the situation.
Don't Play

NOTE This idea was inspired by the Mob Psycho 100 anime. Set in modern day Japan (or any point between 1980 and '00). I put this in the fandom section because aged up canon characters can be used if you so desire. Roles can be reversed as well. Whatever you would like. Do you have to have any idea what Mob Psycho is? Not really!

Maiki, despite how many boyfriends she's had, has no idea how to be in a relationship. She falls in love- or what she thinks is love- far too quickly. Each time, it ends almost as quick as it began. Such is the life of a young high school graduate like Maiki, who barely has any real world experience. There is something to be said about young love though. It is usually tender and pure, excessively passionate and maybe even blind. But usually, it never lasts or buds into anything meaningful. With so many relationships under her belt (all of which are over before they've really had a chance to flourish), she's convinced that love was just never meant to be in her life no matter how much of a hopeless romantic she continues to be. That is, until Maiki is the victim of a fatal accident, or accident that was supposed to be fatal. Her survival is attributed to something- or someone, who she never thought she'd run into for a second time. We'll just call it fate. Or was it something more... supernatural?

The Song The Forest Sings
Available? absolutely! 🍑
My Character Satsuki Kusakabe/Original
Mood light hearted, whimsical, smut? who knows.
Based on the film My Neighbor Totoro
Path of the Wind

NOTE These plots probably won't catch the attention of many, but they've been heavy on my mind so I wanted to put them here just in case. YC can be be a completely original character. Other options include Mei or Kanta, but it is up to you.

In 1958, Satsuki moved away to the countryside with her father and her little sister Mei. Soon after their arrival, Satsuki and Mei met Totoro - a friendly forest spirit who made their new lives all the merrier. But as the girls got older, those memories were pushed to the back of their minds, and in Mei's case, almost completely forgotten. In 1962, four years after they moved, their mother eventually passed away. The strain that it had on their father was intense. He decided to pack up once again, moving himself and his daughters back into the city, forcing them to leave behind the life that they had only just begun.

Fast forward to the year 1972, Satsuki is now 24 years old, and her longing to return to the house on the countryside ended up bringing her back. Had her adventures with Totoro been as real as she believed them to be? Or had they been pure imagination?

ALTERNATIVELY

It is the current year (pretend there's no pandemic lol). The small countryside community has grown into a slightly larger town having been modernized. Agriculture is still very prevalent but the population has increased. YC is Satsuki Kusakabe's grandchild. Upon their grandmother's passing, YC visits town for the funeral and inherits the house in which their grandmother has lived since '58. Their great aunt Mei lives elsewhere in town, and all of her children have moved away. So, MC has their great aunt move in with them.

YC doesn't know their aunt Mei that well, but the two form a pleasant relationship. YC only finds one thing odd. Mei has this crazy belief in a forest spirit she calls 'Totoro' and she insists he is real. YC brushes it off. But when they meet MC, Mei's former caregiver, they learn that MC believes in the same delusions as Mei. Will YC ever humor the idea?

"Quote" and Image Prompts

"You can't run from the shadow, but you can invite it to dance."[X]
"The princess had many charms, but her looks had never been one of them."[X]
"I am not violent. I am not malicious. I am a result."[X]
"They made you into a weapon and told you to find peace."[X]
"Are you as worried about tonight as I am?"[X]

Song Inspiration

o/o  requests  cafe 

Skade

Notes

My Template for Prompts
[float=left][img height=350 width=229 padding=10]https://i.pinimg.com/736x/00/78/14/007814b009b00d2de12079493457ccf5.jpg[/img][/float]
[size=12pt][color=black][font=times new roman]Title[/font][/color][/size]
[font=times new roman][b]Pairing[/b][/font]
[font=times new roman][b]Available?[/b][/font]
[font=times new roman][b]My Character[/b][/font]
[font=times new roman][b]Mood[/b][/font]
[font=times new roman][b][url=http://]Song?[/url][/b][/font]

[font=times new roman][b]NOTE[/b][/font]
o/o  requests  cafe 

Skade

Bump with extra sparkles.

I added some new plots and moved my old ones into an archive post. Pretty much every prompt is brand new except for the Totoro inspired one. Fixed up the look of the thread as well.
o/o  requests  cafe 

Skade

i'm back after 600 years. finally in the land of the living again. added some ttrpg-like prompts inspired by actual ttrpg modules. crossing my fingers that someone'll indulge with me.
o/o  requests  cafe