You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

June 01, 2020, 10:35:49 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Dark Fantasy (1x1)  (Read 906 times)

Offline QuamenTopic starter

Dark Fantasy (1x1)
« on: August 29, 2019, 09:10:28 PM »
Hello!

Reading over the forums I was inspired with an idea. I would like to do a role play in the world from Pitch Black. Its a world that is always in darkness. The planet is covered in beings that are stalkers and prey that hunt in the shadows but weak when exposed to light. These are not vampire but animals of different types. Like birds and cats.

I wanted to pull this world into a fantasy setting instead of sci-fi. Original idea was a Masquerade type characters or DnD based characters.  The RP will be the two characters finding themselves on this world of darkness with limited resources. (Crashed spell jammer/ritual gone wrong/plot hook up for discusion) With limited suplies we would have to survive the attacks and make our way strong hold. I know this sounds a little cheese. It am going to say this will likely be a shorter horror/fantasy type role play.

Requirements:
*Willing to aid with story/shadow creatures
*average 2+ paragraphs for story.
*Able to post at least twice a week (Preferred but not deal break)
*Character must be adult
*Original characters preferred
*Fantasy based. SO no guns/tech. But magic is OK. (OK with tinkerer/artificer type character with proper feel)

Hopeful but not required:
*Building tension between the characters (Rival assassins/vampire clans/Vamp and werewolf)
*Possible Romantic involvement. (I have a quirky idea for this)

My Character Ideas:
1) Willhelm
A vampire that has learned to use blood to make barriers. He can control them into the shapes he wants. The character is older and seen rough times. He has strength and speed but largely gets out of trouble with the blood magic or charm. He can be blunt and harsh yet has a softer inner side when around the right people. He is a vampire hunter and refers eating the supernatural/evil being over human, etc.

2)Adohi
A barely adult shaman/druid. Although he has great potential one day he is still fumbling through life. He was raised very sheltered before  the accident dumped him here. He has the ability to shapeshift into animal and to animate stone into animals. Although his powers are by no means reliable. He is social awkward like a high school teenager.

If you like the world but not these two characters let me know.  I am not set on who I play. Although this Pitch black world of monsters of shadow seemed like a fun setting for survival horror fantasy.

Offline Cyrus Crink

Re: Dark Fantasy (1x1)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 08:07:20 AM »
Hey!

I really love this idea, I haven't seen/heard much of Pitch Black but doing a quick search it seems like it could be interesting to try and survive through that experience, and in terms of a character I have an idea of what sort of skills he would have.

I'm happy to start planning this over the weekend if you would like and we can get a good start on our new little horror story.

I hope to hear from you soon.