You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

September 15, 2019, 09:21:17 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Monster High interest check  (Read 272 times)

Offline DhiTopic starter

Monster High interest check
« on: August 16, 2019, 09:57:46 PM »
In the American town of Salem, Massachusetts, monsters from all over the world are drawn from hiding to find acceptance and kinship at the magically shrouded school of Monster High. Under the stewardship of Headless Headmistress Bloodgood, students aged 16 to 1600 learn about the "normie" world, learn to control their monstrous powers, and get up to all sorts of adventures on school grounds and in the catacombs below. Sometimes, under cover of night, students will even sneak out from the shroud and find excitement in the normie world- but we must be careful, for if humans ever discovered the truth behind the existence of monsters, the consequences could be disastrous!

This is an interest check to gauge whether a Monster High game could be feasible.

OCs are welcome. I don't expect very many players to be as familiar with the setting or its canon characters as I am. My own interest lies in writing the canon characters, but I have few clear favorites, so I'm happy to share.

A 50/50 mix of smut to story would be great, exploring scenes like gossip scavenging for the Gory Gazette, teen sleuth mysteries, fearleading tryouts, recruiting new monsters to the school, sneaking out into the normie world, rocking out in the catacombs, and thwarting monsters who want to twist the school for their own purposes. Let's avoid sitting down to actual classes. That's death in a high school game.

Is there any interest in this?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 09:06:11 AM by Dhi »

Online AndyZ

Re: Monster High interest check
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 10:01:35 PM »
Never heard of this before, but could be interesting if I don't need to worry about knowing anything about the original source material.  Planting interest.

Offline DhiTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 11:59:57 PM »
I think the premise stands on its own without need for a lot of background. Here's some of the scenery to help inspire.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 09:06:26 AM by Dhi »

Online AndyZ

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 12:04:47 AM »
Is this by any chance an Adventure game?  Point and click, collect inventory?  It seems to be in that style, and I love those kinds of games.

Offline DhiTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 12:52:36 AM »
The location shots are largely renders from Welcome to Monster High, one of the many movies. Monster High is a huge property. There were a bunch of video games, and I'm confident at least one was an adventure game, but I never played them. Mostly I got into the movies and the G2 animated series, where the main girls travel the world hunting monsters to recruit to the school.

Offline LSWSjr

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 05:26:35 AM »
Oh man, my daughters and I were huge fans of this show as they were growing up... not sure if I should tarnish those memories, but consider me interested :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Online Peripherie

• Tipsy She-elf, Periwinkle, Adorkable, Sugar Plum Peri, Pericorn, Periscope, Minx
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • No pants are the best pants.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 08:51:03 AM »
I was a little too old to when it came out to really get in the show or the dolls at the time but they have some very cool character concepts. I'm interested. :)

Offline Ivory Dawn

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 09:53:15 AM »
I was a little too old to when it came out to really get in the show or the dolls at the time but they have some very cool character concepts. I'm interested. :)

Same on all counts. Interested in seeing what we can put together.

Offline Dragongoddess

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 09:59:27 AM »
Levi actually ran a very original concept of a Monster High game before that I loved.  If it'll be even half as good, I would love to join.  Unfortunately my plate is full at the moment so if it ever clears up and this is still open, I hope you won't mind people joining later in the game.

Offline Mac84

• Wielder of the Mythril Waffle-Iron of Healing.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • Location: Here. Right here. Right here on this spot I'm currently at.
  • K.I.S.S.= Keep It Simple Stupid!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2019, 10:10:59 AM »
Wow! this looks interesting!

Offline Levi

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2019, 02:38:02 PM »
You forgot to link me in Dhi!

You know I'm interested.

Offline DhiTopic starter

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2019, 03:06:27 PM »
Can't, Elliquiy's moderation took issue with the Monster High characters' oversized heads.

Offline Wicked Emi

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2019, 04:07:20 PM »
Interested