Ibellan Nights/Cyber City Crossover Extravaganza: Sci-Fi Group Chaos!

Started by Lunaris, August 08, 2019, 12:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaris

Psst. Hey. Over here.

What if I told you that I'm gauging interest for stories in a complex, ever-evolving setting that encompasses multiple science-fiction genres? What if I told you that this world is filled with factions, gangs, syndicates, megacorporations, post-apocalyptic and anarchic communities, competing nations, and all sorts of threats for them to unify against? What if I told you that the format is mission-based and that the players will be the ones to decide which stories to embark on...as well as how those stories will play out? Imagine a setting where decisions ripple outward and become the difference between gaining unlikely allies or deadly enemies. And then imagine that this deep setting is suddenly invaded by explorers from a parallel world. Crazy, huh?

Welcome to Ibellan Nights and Cyber City!

Stories within the Nights setting will take place on the Acacian continent of Ibella, where technology-driven nations have emerged to claim their place on the world stage centuries after their Mechanist ancestors were nearly wiped out by a global catastrophe. Though Ibellans have taken most of their continent back from deadly predators, radioactive mutants, and malfunctioning Old Era machines, many relics and ruins from the past remain unclaimed and some regions still prove too dangerous to traverse alone.

Several prominent Factions have emerged from among Ibella's nations and communities. Meridians are the "face" of Ibella with their high ideals and pristine, glittering, near-utopian supercities. Hadarans represent Ibellan exceptionalism to a fault. Their elite mercenaries and advanced arms have made tremendous impacts in the world’s greatest conflicts. However, their profit-minded Corporatist leaders reap a lion’s share of the profits and exploit those under them. Cast-offs, criminals, asylum-seekers, and other unfortunates have branched into groups of salvage-seeking Survivalists known as Scrappers and Raiders. At the same time, ruptures in space-time have begun to appear throughout Acacia and a parallel Earth. Though the Ibellans are unaware thus far, Explorers from Cyber City are preparing to journey into Ibella from the other side of those tears.

Politics and impending insanity aside, it should also be noted that many Ibellans are extremely curious and eager to try new experiences as well as test their limits. Others have seriously seen some shit and just aren't phased by (or have gotten really into) things that bother a lot of folks on regular ol' Earth. From exploration-driven, optimistic Science Fiction, to gritty Cyberpunk, to Anarchic and Communal Dystopias and Post-Apocalyptica, Ibellan characters will find a wealth of experiences in this diverse setting! In other words, bring your adventurousness and your kinks!

With that said, let’s get started! – Lunaris, Acacian Visionary

I'm looking for a group of 4 to 8 players to embark on an intrigue-filled, episodic, Science Fiction odyssey! After characters are submitted and ready to go, the group will be open to vote on a variety of missions that encompass several genres. From exploring deadly underwater laboratories filled with oceanic nightmares, to tracking down serial killers in a cyperpunk metropolis, to finding the secrets of a past civilization buried underneath a post-apocalyptic scrapyard, to taking on mutants and insane raiders in the behalf of an anarchist cybernetic carnival, to intense Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality training exercises...there's a huge variety of stories ready to go! Better yet, the actions of the characters within them will ripple outward to affect future missions!

And that's before the arrival of explorers from Cyber City!

If you're looking for a story-driven, choice-filled, campaign where sharp wits will get you far, sign up here! I look forward to having you!

And for those that missed it, a smorgasbord of Lore on Ibellan Nights can be found here!

The Ibellan Nights Player Character Roster can be found here!

Ibellan Nights' Non-Player Character Listing is here!

The first mission thread is up here!

If you're on Discord, the Ibellan Nights OOC can be found here!

Information about Cyber City can likewise be found here.

The Green One

Not available for new stories

Sye

AndyZ

I'll be leaving for the weekend, but tagging this to keep an eye on it.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Lunaris

@ Saika and AndyZ

I'm happy to hear it! Looking forward to hearing from you both!

Also: You should listen to Liam. He knows what's best.

ZephyrInk

MingMing

I'm intrigued and very curious... just how "Parallel" can these Parallel Earths be?   I had a strange Gaslight 1889 idea that was sparked by seeing some Bioshock video clips.  I am however a HUGE fan of Cyberpunk too, so I am brainstorming right now, trying to think of how I can make this idea work...

Assuming you're still open, that is?
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Lunaris

Opening post has been updated with links to the current Approved Characters, NPC Roster, and Discord OOC!

Lunaris

Last call for any new recruits! There is a small entry window before the Partizans hit the road (or ah...rail, I should say).