You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

July 29, 2021, 04:07:37 am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Draco's Requests/Ideas thread  (Read 1024 times)

Offline DracoNeurosisTopic starter

• Court Jester, Raconteur, Polymath, Romantic.
  • Lord
  • Bacchae
  • chmod +w /usr/bin/draco
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Draco's Requests/Ideas thread
« on: June 23, 2019, 06:51:48 am »
This is my thread for posting my game ideas and requests for games.  If you see something you like, feel free to PM me and we can discuss!

Quick forward to my list:  I prefer not play established characters in a given world; I very much enjoy creating and playing original characters.  I've learned that I find playing existing characters in a given lore to be very limiting.  However, if there's a specific, short-term story that you'd like to play featuring established characters, I'm open to discussing.

Dragon Age:  Anything.  I am fascinated with the world-lore and would welcome anyone who wanted to play in the setting, on just about any topic.  I've had a few failed attempts to get a story set in this world going, and am a little desperate :)  If you don't know the lore all that well, don't worry; I can help with that.

Tom Clancy's The Division:  There's tons of RP opportunity in this franchise.  Agents working together to restore some semblance of society?  Civilians caught up in the middle of Division agents and the various villain factions?  Set sometime during the Dollar Flu pandemic?  How about a senior Agent recruiting a younger Agent just as the pandemic starts, and they have to survive together?  Rogue Agents teaming up for various reasons?

Military:  Modern, or recent past/near future.  Were our characters squadmates?  Was one of our characters a rescued hostage?

Wild West:  I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Westerns, especially some of the classics - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, Unforgiven, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Tombstone.  I would love to play The Lone Gunslinger who wanders into town for whatever reason, and meets a lady who's beyond the expectations of the age but keeps that to herself, for fear of be ostracized or worse.  But the pair of them recognize something in each other and ride into the sunset, in search of adventure  - and possibly infamy.  Morals in that era are often measured in shades of grey, so there's lots of potential here.

Low fantasy (few magical elements):  Straying from the high-magic themes like in Dragon Age, a low-magic setting with many of the typical fantasy tropes, but built to our liking as we write.  Is your character on the run from a dangerous entity and needs help?  Is my character in debt to the wrong guild and needs a partner to work it off?  Who knows!

Post-apocalyptic:  Society, as we know it now, is gone.  Few survivors remain, clinging to the fewer habitable parts of the planet (or possibly even another planet; maybe a failed colony, waiting for a rescue ship that's weeks/months/years away?).  Was the apocalypse nuclear or biological warfare?  Was it zombies?  Alien attack?  The possibilities are practically boundless!  Stories set in the Fallout world would certainly fit in here.

Superspy:  Not James Bond, but characters in the Bond universe might be fun to write, or something a little more generic but in the same vein.

Time Travel:  Not a huge Doctor Who fan (I'm sorry!), so I wouldn't be able to do the lore justice.  However, other time-travelling plots might be of interest.  An emissary from a distant time, come to the present day to warn of impending disaster.  Someone from the present day, pulled out of their life and into the future to help solve a problem (disease that only has a cure in the past, or to solve infertility...).

Other franchises/IPs that I'm into:  Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Babylon 5, Mass Effect, Stargate, Star Trek

I'm always open to discussing anything not on the list!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 07:15:28 am by DracoNeurosis »

• Lord
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
Re: Draco's Requests/Ideas thread
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 08:04:20 am »
Bump!

• Lord
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
Re: Draco's Requests/Ideas thread
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 08:09:26 pm »
Still have some cravings that I'd love to find the right partner for!