You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 18, 2019, 01:04:33 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Elliquiy Staff Selection Process  (Read 3198 times)

Offline Cecilia

Re: Elliquiy Staff Selection Process
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2019, 01:08:48 AM »
When I got the email to be asked to be on staff I was afraid to open it because I thought I did something stupid and was in trouble again. OK it’s not like I was ever in a lot of trouble here, but I honestly didn’t know that many people on staff when I was asked to go on staff to begin with. Being a staff member here took a lot of energy and focus.  Because we were trying to develop a community based on respect and consensus, I took great pride in developing processes and policies that furthered that goal.  As I found my time shift to my writing career, I didn’t have the time it takes to be a fully involved and committed staff member.  The best thing about moving away from being staff was knowing the folks who were ready to take my place love this place as much as I do.  XOXO

Offline Maeven

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2019, 09:57:14 PM »
It's been nearly 11 years since I was a staff member on Elliquiy and I still look back on that time (and my 'time' on E in general) as one of the more defining moments for me as a person.  Everything that I learned here as a member, and as staff, has been immensely beneficial in just generally helping me to become a better human.

Everytime I walk in my now 9 year old daughter's room, I'm greeted by a needlepoint that Valerian made for her and mailed to me in celebration of her birth. That's really something special and it's something I treasure and not a day goes by that I am not thankful for the friendships that I made here and the connections that we shared. 

This is a long way of saying, I concur.  Veks has something special here and its longevity is "proof in the pudding" as they say.  If you get the chance to be more involved, take it. Even if its only for a short time, I can assure you, it will be worth it. 

xoxo

~M

Offline Valerian

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2019, 07:01:00 AM »
Everytime I walk in my now 9 year old daughter's room, I'm greeted by a needlepoint that Valerian made for her and mailed to me in celebration of her birth. That's really something special and it's something I treasure and not a day goes by that I am not thankful for the friendships that I made here and the connections that we shared. 

You just made my week.  I'm so glad it means so much to you.  <3

Years ago, I got a random message from Veks asking if I had an IM service, since it was helpful for staff members to have those... and I was sure I must be somehow misreading that message because they couldn't possibly want me as staff.  I hardly knew anyone here apart from the people I'd written with, and my only real contact with any staffers up to that point was when I'd twice had to make a report.  Both times I was slightly panicked over doing that, but both times staff reassured me that I wasn't bothering anyone and that reports were always helpful to them.  And then suddenly I was staff.

I've been here almost since the beginning -- I joined about a month after the site started -- so I've seen quite a lot of changes around here.  One thing that's never changed, though, is that this is one of the most welcoming sites out there, and that's what makes it great.

Offline Thesunmaid

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2019, 04:06:48 PM »
You guys are awesome :)