Add On's Not Functioning in Firefox

Started by CriminalMindsFan, May 04, 2019, 10:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CriminalMindsFan

I saw a notice from Mozilla about issues with add on's that starting impacting their browsers yesterday. I know website operators frown upon add blockers but I can't image browsing the internet without access to a ad block add on anymore. Ad's are one of the easiest ways for you to get a virus or for your browser to load pages slower.

Despairs

It is unfortunate. However I have discovered a temporary fix. Go to tools, locate and click on options then go to the privacy and security section. Scroll down until you find "firefox data collection and use" click on the first empty box that says allow firefox to send technical and interaction data to mozilla and the second empty box that says "allow firefox to install and run studies. Only those two boxes need to be checked. If any other boxes are checked, uncheck them. Your add-ons should return and work as normally afterwards.
---> Click here to visit current request thread for pairings with plots as well as ons and offs.<---
Note: Strictly  homosexual pairings as the main focus in stories bore me, however I am fine with it as side pairings as long as I write for the males  in a relationship with each other, or the two  males involved with each other and the female in a polyamory relationship.

Status: May be slow in replying to messages due to online Uni and job hunting.

Uni graduation: 8/24/25.

Timeless

This happened to me like some hours ago where all my add-ons couldn't be used, and I did some research. Apparently, it was a bug, which is.. just wow.

https://www.ghacks.net/2019/05/04/your-firefox-extensions-are-all-disabled-thats-a-bug/

But the add-ons should be back now. I just reopened my browser and all my add-ons are all back and functioning.

Despairs

After unchecking the options I mentioned in my previous post and restarting Firefox, my add-ons are back and working again. The problem seems to have been fixed.
---> Click here to visit current request thread for pairings with plots as well as ons and offs.<---
Note: Strictly  homosexual pairings as the main focus in stories bore me, however I am fine with it as side pairings as long as I write for the males  in a relationship with each other, or the two  males involved with each other and the female in a polyamory relationship.

CriminalMindsFan

I only use Firefox on laptop with an older OS. I'll have to see if I can turn studies on and off on that version when I'm back on the other laptop. It is one of the end of service versions of Firefox.

I've gone to Chrome browser with my new laptops.

Cold Heritage

The Firefox studies thing is not working for me.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Timeless

Apparently, the fix might not work for everyone because well, Mozilla Firefox kinda screwed themselves over big time.

Link

My browser had been working normally though, so I'm sorry to the others who couldn't get it to work properly.

Masked Insanity

You can use about:config to disable signature checking. The key is xpinstall.signatures.required, set this to false for the moment. Note that once Mozilla has a proper fix, you really want to reset this.

Andronica

Quote from: Dark Despairs on May 04, 2019, 11:06:38 AM
It is unfortunate. However I have discovered a temporary fix. Go to tools, locate and click on options then go to the privacy and security section. Scroll down until you find "firefox data collection and use" click on the first empty box that says allow firefox to send technical and interaction data to mozilla and the second empty box that says "allow firefox to install and run studies. Only those two boxes need to be checked. If any other boxes are checked, uncheck them. Your add-ons should return and work as normally afterwards.

I did this, and after restarting my browser, I was able to re-add Tampermonkey to Firefox without any issues. Thanks! :)

Despairs

There is no need to thank me. Updating the Firefox browser will also fix the issue. An update was rolled out on May 5, 2019. The version number is 66.0.4.

Masked Insanity

Remember to reactivate the add-on signature check if you disabled it.