You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

September 18, 2020, 06:24:16 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Need Help Finding an Avatar?
We have just the place.

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: fandom cravings (game of thrones, marvel / mcu)  (Read 295 times)

Offline NevadaTopic starter

fandom cravings (game of thrones, marvel / mcu)
« on: April 17, 2019, 03:00:32 PM »
GENERAL

INTRO
Hi! I go by Nevada and this is my fandom request thread. Below, you can find some general information on writing with me and what I’m looking for; in the other posts, you’ll find my ideas sorted by fandom.

On smut: Generally speaking, this request is more for plot based stories rather than pure smut. In terms of smut, depending on how the story develops, I’m thinking probably 70-30% plot to smut – and not at the beginning. Depending on the fandom, you can freely assume that I want political motives, backstabbing and (non-erotic) murder. Writing smut is fun when it happens logically, but I’m not currently looking for it to be the backbone of these stories. The backbone is the characters, and, if you’re (like) me, the shit I inevitably put them in. Please check my ons and offs to see if we're compatible in terms of preferences when it comes to writing. If something’s not listed, don’t hesitate to ask me.

On characters: I’ll specify things where necessary per idea, but in general, I’m comfortable with writing both canons and original characters. I’m open to writing any gender and orientation under the sun (though with some I have more experience than with others.) No requirements on that part for my partners, besides an aligned vision and a writing style that meshes well with mine. Normally, I prefer writing one main character, and I’m currently heavily leaning in a women vibe. Obvious exception is Game of Thrones, as that lends itself really well to writing multiple characters. On that note, in all fairness, I’m also liable to populate a borough with characters of my own creation, and I definitely don’t mind writing multiple storylines at the same time, if my partner is of a similar disposition. In the fandom posts, I’ve written down some characters I’m currently itching to write – however, this is by no means the total list. If you’re looking for someone to write another canon, just ask me if I write them! If I had to list every potential character I can write, it’d be a very long list, hence the shorter version. 

What I’m looking for: Even in established settings, I love worldbuilding. I’m looking for someone who’s not afraid to come up with plots together, and I heavily subscribe to Death of the Author (except us, of course), so consider anything AU fair game. I’d like if you’re able to post at least once a week in the thread. Less than that may make me lose interest in the game too soon, in terms of actual writing. I’m a sucker for plotting, but I need a balance. Feel free to check my posting history to see if we’re compatible in terms of writing styles. No need to put a label on the length on your posts in advance. That being said, life is life and sometimes you just need to prioritize things differently. I’m ditch-friendly. I might assume you’re dead in a ditch somewhere if you drop off the face of the earth, but it’s happened to me (disappearing, not the ditch-thing), so I understand where that comes from.

INTERESTED? Great! Drop me a PM. Please include your name or alias, any other tidbits about yourself you’d like to share, what you’re looking for, any plot ideas you have, and relevant kinks or limits, and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible if we're a match.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 03:08:30 PM by Nevada »

Re: fandom cravings (game of thrones, marvel / mcu)
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 03:02:54 PM »
GAME OF THRONES

It’s Game of Thrones season and I! Am! Ready!

Don’t worry, I won’t talk about season 8 unless you want to.

Anyway. In my tradition of vaguely phrased requests, here’s the latest instalment. I’m getting seven seasons’ whiplash from just the first episode of the new season, plus I’ve recently re-read a Feast for Crows, and now I want things. I’m familiar with the series and the books.

PLOTS
When it comes to a Song of Ice and Fire, I’m most comfortable with figuring out a plot alongside my writing partner. Let me know if you’d like to write canons or ocs, I’m open to a Lot! However, to give you some idea of what I’m interested in:
  • The general deliciousness of the intrigue and the intricate backstories written there. Seriously, I’m still baffled from a literary perspective at how well-woven the plot of the books is. I’m not expecting us to come up with this huge net of connections, but if you’re interested in that, I’m not saying no.
  • Setting: Aegon’s conquest. Perhaps something about the Westerosi families dealing with the Targaryens, writing out how the conquest actually went, or considering it from the Targaryen’s perspective.
  • Setting: the Dance of Dragons. Actual civil war is shit, but literary civil war? With dragons? Give it to me. Interested in writing Targaryen characters from rivalling factions, other families that get drawn into the fighting, court politics and the bloodless fighting there.
  • Canon character set during the current timeline I’d like to have a chance to write: Arianne Martell. I’m still cranky she’s not in the show, but going from the books, I like her blend of bravado, genuine love of her family, and Machiavellistic tendencies (however unsuccessful.) Pretty much interested in writing her against everyone.
  • Canon character set during the current timeline I’d like to have a chance to write: Daenerys Targaryen. Part of this is just because I’m a sucker for scenes set in Essos. Other part is that I find her fascinatingly anachronistic in a way. She cares deeply for others, but on the other hand, she can be utterly ruthless, and I’m very much interested in exploring that dichotomy. I’d love to write against Essosi characters (whether canon or original) during her time in Slaver’s Bay.
  • SPOILERS FOR SEASON 8:
    Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
    That side eye in the North at Daenerys’ arrival! The North has always struck me as rather chauvinistic and I’m very amused by it. I haven’t really had the urge to write show-Daenerys before, but I’m very interested in writing out a plot that goes into her actual activities in Westeros. We don’t have to follow the show – I’m perfectly fine not with her immediately going North, nor do I necessarily want to write a romance with Jon (also not against it, but just saying). Going from that, I’m also all for an AU where she either goes to Westeros earlier or later on.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 03:07:30 PM by Nevada »

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 03:04:01 PM »
MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

Mmmm good stuff. I binged the first Captain America + Avengers when I was supposed to be writing my thesis, and it’s been a non-stop source of joy since then. I’m movie-based only (haven’t seen the shows), but I know some comics and the wiki is my best friend. For the background of canon characters, I usually go with a mix of MCU and comic in situations where the MCU has Fucked Things Up A Bit, if you want it, I can give you a rundown for specific characters. If you’re interested in writing an original character here, please send me some information on them.

PLOTS
  • Setting: The Winter Soldier is definitely part of my trifecta. I read a post recently about how much of a shame it was the infiltration of SHIELD by Hydra and its subsequent collapse wasn’t really expanded upon in later movies, and that hit very close to my writing urge. I just really want to write Natasha in this setting. Could be a plot with an ensemble cast or just two main characters; I don’t need to follow the plot of the movie fully, I don’t mind doing something based on it set either before or after it, or going AU altogether. If you’re interested in writing Brock Rumlow, especially hit me up, because I’d love to write more about the Hydra takeover of SHIELD/STRIKE and how that evolved over time.
  • Characters: Natasha Romanov, specifically in the setting described above In general. I also write a mean Wanda Maximoff if I say so myself, but I don’t have any ready-to-go plots there. For her, I’m definitely interested in exploring the period after Civil War, but if you’re looking for another plot with a Wanda, just hit me up.

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 03:07:18 PM »
OTHERS

These are the fandoms I'm not actively looking for right now. You can always drop me a line if you feel I'd be an exceptional match for a plot you have in mind, though. If any of these become active again, I'll get them their own post with more information.