You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

November 28, 2020, 04:05:46 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Black Screen: Blackmail, Manipulation, & Mystery. Seeking Victim  (Read 348 times)

Offline UrbanzorroTopic starter

Black Screen: Blackmail, Manipulation, & Mystery. Seeking Victim
« on: February 20, 2019, 09:44:20 AM »
Black Screen
More often than not a mistake is something to be learned from. A decision who’s effects, however unpleasant, do not go on to alter the entire course of someone’s life. Usually it takes several mistakes, repeated wrong choices in order to send someone spiraling downward. But, sometimes one mistake is all it takes.

Things had been going great for her. Life was on track, everything was the way it should have been. All her rivals for success were undeniably behind her in standing, she had made it. The only thing that remained was to keep doing as she had been and let the rewards of her hard work come rolling in...

Then it happened. One night as she sat down at her computer to do some work, the screen went black. For a moment it had seemed to be some kind of error, the computer was running but the screen was entirely black. Then things changed, the  green text appeared with a simple yet world shattering message.... Someone knew! Somehow, whoever was on the other side of the screen knew her darkest secret, they knew about The Big Mistake, the one she had done everything in her power to insure no one ever learned of. And even worse than simple knowledge, whoever it was had proof.

Now she was faced with a choice, obey the demands of the person who had control of her screen, or deal with the loss of everything that she valued as a result of her secret coming to light....

Ok, so this an idea I had that is loosely based on a story of the same name. Though, other than the basic premise, I’d like for this story to be our own creation rather than a rehashing of that one. Basically this is a simple blackmail plot, with the unknown blackmailer seeking to slowly unravel their victim’s otherwise perfect life.

I’d be looking for someone to play the protagonist opposite my playing the blackmailer as well as the majority of the background characters that will be necessary to make the story work.

Ideally I’d like this story to deal with a few different themes. Some that come to mind are mystery with the protagonist trying to figure out who is blackmailing her. As well as slow corruption as the situation of being forced to debase herself and try to keep it secret becomes normalized to her. Additionally things like exhibition, humiliation, mental distress, the risk of being caught should play a big part. In all honesty it’s a particularly simple concept, but it’s also one that I think has a lot of potential for exploring the mental and emotional effects of such a stressful situation and eventual collapse of someone’s life, along with the actual physical acts and situations that the character would find herself in.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 09:46:11 AM by Urbanzorro »