You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 23, 2021, 04:04:01 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Skyrim SE players and general game hackers- HELP!  (Read 1884 times)

Offline NowherewomanTopic starter

• No fantasy is large enough to contain my dreams.
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • If death doesn't get you, the life surely will.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Skyrim SE players and general game hackers- HELP!
« on: February 19, 2019, 03:55:05 PM »
So, I broke down and bought  an MSI Geforce 1070 Gaming X card to replace my old Radeon RX470.  My hope was to be able to run a  couple of my older games- Skyrim SE especially- a bit more fluidly.

HAH!  Nothing I have tried will get me more than about 25 FPS in Skyrim- which is about what I was getting with the Radeon. Pretty sad for a card with twice as much memory and supposedly about 75% more performance.

I've played around with some of the various .ini hacks related to fLockFrame and Vsync, as well as turning off most of the stuff in the launcher; I disabled a modestly performance-intensive flora mod, have tried ENB off and on- no effect whatsoever on reported framerate in any case.  I've built a profile for the game in the Nvid control panel to make sure the card isn't power throttling.

I am out of ideas.  Suggestions?  It's not an oober rig, but I've got 16 gigs of RAM and an 8-core AMD FX8350 CPU, so it should work better than THIS.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 03:57:01 PM by Nowherewoman »

Offline NowherewomanTopic starter

• No fantasy is large enough to contain my dreams.
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • If death doesn't get you, the life surely will.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Skyrim SE players and general game hackers- HELP!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 12:53:29 PM »
So, after several hours of poking, I finally nailed my issue down to a single mod- Realistic Lighting Overhaul. It was costing me over 30fps despite claiming to be 'low impact'.

I still get some hits looking around heavily modded cities and such, but am cruising at a happy 60+ now.