Caravanserai [The Lotus Restaurant | Calypso’s Bar]

Started by Flower, July 08, 2018, 08:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Green One

Name: Axel Evans.
Date | Time: June 11th | Evening
Wearing: Bartender uniform - Grey slacks and vest with a white button-up shirt and black tie.
Tagging: Apollo, Becky, Joseph / everyone | Open

Mood: Amused~

Axel nodded at Apollo and the man quickly had his drink. The bartender wondered how things moved from a not very sly flirting from Becky to... Throwing weapons and Dungeons and Dragons, but the show was still fun to watch. He had never played that game, but there was no need to let the world know about it. When Apollo mentioned seeing him at the pool party and introduced himself, Axel smiled brightly at him. "I'm Axel, the new bartender." He chuckled. "Will you try the Cheesecake too?" He offered Apollo, since everyone else seemed to be enjoying the sweet treat.

At Becky's sign, Axel smiled at her with a nod and turned around to start preparing the third round. "Here you go."

As the conversation continued to go further away from him, Axel approached Joseph, because curious Axel was curious as his cat. "What brought you to Caravanserai? Are you on vacation or gonna perform here?"

Not available for new stories

RedPhoenix

Name: Becky Washington
Date | Time: June 11th, 2020 | Cocktail:30
Wearing: (as pictured)
Tagging: Axel, Elizabeth, Joseph, Apollo, Open

Becky's smile reflected more of the good-natured aspect of her good-natured ribbing of Apollo's newly outed hobby as he defended himself.

"Darius Silvertongue." She repeated emphasizing each syllable as if every part of the word was more fascinating than the last, her grin at Apollo brighter and brighter. "Oh this is just..." she thought for a moment about the right word. "Interesting." She said, obviously not wanting to say something any more mean-spirited than that. She let out another giggle and turned to the bar where her drink was waiting.

"Thanks boo!" She called out to Axel as he had gone to talk to Joseph.

Picking up the drink she took a sip and turned back to Elizabeth and Apollo. She thought for a moment about what Elizabeth had said and she eyed the redhead for a moment. Becky suspected she knew who the halfling was played by.

"No sweetie." She said, finally answering Apollo's question. "Where I grew up folks don't read and I married a football player." She shook her head. "Don't think I'm allowed near any game with numbers in it." She grinned poking fun at herself now.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

LocusVonErich

Name: Joseph Edwards
Date | Time: 11 June 2020, 5 PM Somewhere...
Wearing: White button down shirt open to the solar plexus, khakis
Tagging: Becky, Axel, Elizabeth, Apollo, Open

"Edwards. Joseph." He introduced himself and reciprocated Apollo's handshake. He would keep his ear tuned to their conversation as Axel arrived with the cheesecake. "I'm retired. Got more money than I could spend after living like a pauper for fifteen plus years." He chuckled as he dug into the cheesecake.

Gannameade

Name: Apollo King
Date | Time | June 11th, 2020 | Cocktail:30
Wearing:  Shown
Tagging: Axel, Elizabeth, Joseph, Open

Apollo listened to his name coming off of her sexy lips.  'Oh damn!'  He thought as he shook his head to refocus.  He wasn't ashamed of his hobby as much as he had been, when the so called super sexy - Joe Manganiello came out as a hard core D&D player it was apparently cool to be a geek again.  She grinned at him and he was doing his best not to blush, not knowing what to make of that.  "Just what?!?"  He knew she was going to say something besides interesting. She was small time compared to the ribbing Liz had done to him when they were playing so he had gotten over it...at least he thought he had till he was confronted with Becky right now.  He smirked and shook his head as she giggled.

"Don't let that be who you are, you are so much more!  And the numbers are more about...survival which you seem very adept at doing or you wouldn't be here!"  He said as he looked at her.

He paused to shake Joseph's hand. 

"Sure apparently the cheesecake is the hit of the dessert tray."  He replied to Axel thinking he loved cheesecake, he would have to see about finding some chocolate cheesecake around here somewhere.  He would have to be careful or he might gain weight in paradise.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Name: Elizabeth
Date | Time: 11th, food oclock
Wearing: same
Tagging: Becky, Apollo, open.

I look between Apollo and Becky, thinking, then nod. Yeah, let's see if we can can play a bit of matchmaking here.

"I'm not good at math, either, but it really isn't hard. Mostly just addition. And creativity and having fun is way more important than the numbers. I could actually run a simpler game at pretty much any time, if you wanted to try it, Becky."

Yeah, even I think it's dorky to play D&D on vacation, but..  well, I'm not going to change that much just because I'm halfway around the world. I blame Apollo, anyway.

RedPhoenix

Becky just shook her head and laughed. "No, sorry, not my scene." She said. Did they think she put on a dress like this to play with dice? She tried not to be a hater, she really did, but damn!

"This is more my speed." She took another bite of the cheesecake. She glanced around. "Guess me and Joseph are the only ones into booze and cheesecake."

LocusVonErich

Name: Joseph Edwards
Date | Time: 11 June 2020, 5 PM Somewhere...
Wearing: White button down shirt open to the solar plexus, khakis
Tagging: Becky, Axel, Elizabeth, Apollo, Open

"Money may not buy happiness, but it buys bourbon and cheesecake, and I'll be goddamned if that ain't close enough for me." Joseph added with a chuckle. He would clean his plate in no time at all. "Of course, sometimes it's easy to forget that money helps you get what you want..."

The Green One

Wearing: Bartender uniform - Grey slacks and vest with a white button-up shirt and black tie.
Tagging: Apollo, Becky, Joseph / everyone | Open

Axel's eyes went wide open for a second with Joseph's response, he smiled though. "Well, that's great!" The bartender gave a little nod. "Enjoy your retirement, then." He chuckled. "And the drinks~" With this, Axel proceeded to send another Cheesecake order to the kitchen for Apollo.

The night was getting busier, and the end of his shift was getting closer, which had Axel slip another shot of vodka before more people arrived to the bar. He had everything ready in case Becky decided to go for another round for her and her... Party? Was that the word used for games? He thought so.

Gannameade

Apollo had ordered a whiskey sour, it would go great with his cheesecake.  He wouldn't say anything about Becky's rejection of his geekdom.  It wasn't like he hadn't heard it before and looking at her...a woman like her...why did he expect to be different.  He brushed it off though as rejection had been a staple for him, Elizabeth often make sure he got back on the horse when she was around...most of the time he made sure she wasn't..there was no avoiding it now.

"Then to drink and dessert then."  He said shifting his mind back to his regular charming smile.  He smirked as he heard Joseph and the man was right in that regard for sure.

He reached for the drink made by Axel.  "Thank you my good Sir!"  He said nearly downing half of it quickly, he would have another by the time the cheesecake came.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Tagging: Apollo, Joseph, open.

I chuckle at Joseph's comment about booze and cheesecake equalling happiness, then pat Apollo's hand comfortingly. I give him a shrug that says both 'oh well.' and 'im out of ideas'

"So Apollo. Why did you follow me here? How many of these wonderful ladies have you already seduced, and which ones? Gotta know which ones are not an option for pursing any more..."

RedPhoenix

"To cheesecake!" Becky said happily, raising her glass in toast.

Gannameade

"To cheesecake it is."  He raised his glass downing that before requesting another.  His own dessert would be here soon enough.

He felt her tap his hand and smirked mentioning no more.  "Funny how I followed you here but you arrived after me?  I think we need to work on your detective skills Columbo."  He looked at her with a frown.  "None, not a fan of the deep dark chocolate it seems."  He said with a wink.  "Oooo funny."  He replied with a chuckle.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Tagging: Axel, cheesecake, open.

I roll my eyes at Apollo and lean in to whisper "well yeah you beat me here..  I had to take... Public transportation airplanes!"

Sitting back up, I whistle " not a one? Really? Are you just that bad at Flirting when I'm not here to back you up? 'hey, go on a date with me, or my gimpy friend there will be sad..'

Hell, at this rate I might get laid before you! ....for once..."

I laugh. " Maybe it's time to try batting at the boys! I'm told it's not gay if the balls remain separated."

I gasp, staring at you wide eyed. "Or... Did you fall in love?"

Gannameade

"Should have told me you were coming or thinking about it."  He said.

"I guess so!  Didn't realize how much I need you."  He said. "Or my gimpy friend will try to date you?"  He said.

"I wouldn't doubt it at this point.  My luck has been magic since being here."  he said. 

"I am not that desparate yet?"  He said.  "There is not that much touching in the world."

"I can't fall in love with someone that isn't there."  He said looking at her.

The Green One

Tagging: Everyone | Open

Axel was definitely having fun with this group of people and made a silent toast himself, sending a devious smirk toward Becky before downing a third shot. He smiled to himself at the warmth and quickly went back to work as nothing happened.

Soon, Apollo had his empty glass replaced with a new drink and an employee from the kitchen showed up with the man's Cheesecake.

Listening at Elizabeth comment about, well, balls, Axel couldn't hold back a burst of laughter, although he quickly cleared his throat and tried not to giggle too much. He returned his attention to the less interesting patrons for the time being before someone could even think the new bartender seemed a little too happy.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Tagging: Axel, apollo, cheesecake, open.

I shrug at Apollo, rolling my staff between my hands slowly. "Didn't know that I was coming, actually. And you certainly didn't mention that you were coming. I might even have let you fly me here... A few hours stuck with you in a plane is probably better than being in a shitty airline for 24 hours. Maybe. "

I laugh softly "hey, I have good taste in ladies. I suppose I can't blame you for moving fast and trying to snag them from my tender loving arms."

With a not terribly gentle snort, I shake my head "yet? Dude, I heard that question mark at the end. If you want to experiment in paradise, I promise not to tell anyone at home."

I roll my eyes and stick my tongue out at Apollo. "ugh, no falling in love with me. And we both know it's just cuz you can't have me. Besides, at this point, wouldn't it be like incest?"

I give Axel a slow, wicked grin, but pick up my virgin, mostly full drink and shake it scoldingly at him.

RedPhoenix

Tagging: Nobody, Exit Becky!

Becky raised her brow at the conversation between Elizabeth and Apollo. They clearly knew each other quite well. She felt out of place here. Not that she blamed anyone, she just didn't have their history together. If she had an old friend here she'd probably wanna hang out with them too. "Remember, all to my room." She told Alex with a grin as she picked up her drink.

"Well, you all have fun!" She said, waving goodbye to the assembled group and made her way on wherever whimsy takes Drunk Becky.

Gannameade

Tagging: Axel, Elizabeth, Joseph, Becky, Open

"I would have had I known't I was coming.  We could have at least talked." 

"Like I said I am far from being that desparate."  He looked at Becky moving to leave.  He didn't let his face break despite his saddened thoughts of having her leave or even pushing her away. 

"Have a lovely night Becky."  He said with a wink.  He was pretty sure he didn't handle that well at all, but nonetheless his geekiness didn't help at all.  The D&D was definitely off the table with hot and sexy!!

"Thank Liz you are truly a good friend."  He said taking yet another drink and downing it.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Tagging: Apollo, Becky's butt, Joseph open.

I smile, knowing that "we could have talked", for Apollo, typically means "probably not". Or maybe he's just scared of me. Also an option.

"I might let your fly me home. I'm feeling generous. And... 24 hours of flying is just way too much. "

I watch Becky leave, then shake my head "that girl is a flamingly hot mess. I really hope she finds... No, I hope she figures out who she is, and that she likes the lady in the mirror. But for now..."

Arm flailing "Danger Apollo Robinson!!"

I glance around... Axel is busy, and Joseph probably doesn't care.. I lean in closer to Apollo, voice low

"How are you holding up, with, uh, everything? And don't BS me, you're a pretty shit liar. Also, you know I hate being called Liz, so don't. Or I'll... Pester all the guests till I find one who would just love for Mr sexy dark chocolate to teach her D&D. 4th Ed"

Gannameade

He looked at her thinking about her being there for him.  He is not used to pestering her much more.

"Thank you so much Lady Elizabeth!  May I?!?"  He teased he could only imagine what coach would be like to fly out here.

"You got the Flaming Hot right!  She is smart and knows who she is and who she wants...and doesn't."  He shakes his head. 

"I am good Elizabeth, really.  Life is what it is.  When I go back home, I will take over where Dad left off.  Heavy is the head!  I am a fair liar...just not with you!"  He glared at her.  "There will be no D...there will be no mention of the D.  Only Joe is lucky enough to get a Hottie like Sofia and still play D....so that is that!  Let it go!  Drink your Shirley Temple and we can go for a walk...if you are up to that."  He said getting yet another drink, having finished off his cheesecake. 

"Thanks Axel this is good."  He pulled out a C-note.  "Take all of that out of this first...then you can charge her room!"  He said as he wasn't about to be the cause of her funds dropping, she could use them on her.  This wasn't a big deal to him, he understood about finding one's place though.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Tagging: Apollo, Axel open.

I raise an eyebrow at Apollo "smart, I'll give you. Knowing who she is? Not a chance. And she's a child, exploring freedom for the first time. She has no idea what she wants, she's just trying to find... Something. Maybe a fairytale. I don't know. It's like Grandpa used to say..

"Elizabeth, don't stick your dick in crazy"

I has no idea who a Sophia is, but keeping up with Apollo and ladies can be... Futile.

I eye Apollo's drink and sigh "at the risk of sounding like a bitch, the rate you're chugging down drinks makes me worry about you. But yeah, a walk sounds nice."

I give Axel a little seated bow, then plant my staff firmly, kinda sliding off the chair to the ground, letting out a tiny sound of pain as I land. "Thank you for the drinks and cheesecake, Mr Axel. Have a good night. Don't have too much fun."

Gannameade

He looked at her and shook his head, he couldn't help but admire Becky.  "Are you kidding?  If most of people didn't ignore that rule...about 1/4 of us would be here!  Everyone has some crazy in them, when you get with someone it is more about how much crazy you are willing to deal with, for and to be with that person.  No one escapes, crazy!!"  He stood as he didn't really feel the effects of the alcohol.

"Worry about me why?  I have my father's constitution and my mother's sense of control.  I never get that drunk."  He smirks.  "But thank you for worrying about me, but I will be fine.  You coming hoppa long?!?"  He said it was good to have someone to talk with this wasn't quite the paradise he was hoping for...but what did he expect, he couldn't run away from his problems if the problem was in the mirror!

"Have a good night Axel, is that enough in there for the tip?  Nevermind."  He pulled out his wallet and gave the man a $50.  "Thanks again."  He extended his arm to Elizabeth not knowing if she would take it or not.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Date | Time: 11th, full oclock
Tagging: Apollo,  open door.

" I mean... My grandfather did get shot by his first wife, so maybe you're right..

And I worry about you cuz you kinda dumb"

I smile up at him, very clearly teasing

I think about it before taking Apollo's arm with my free hand.. it is good to see him, despite it all. And if he's too drunk and falls on top of me, blackmail material for life.

"So where are we going? I wouldn't mind a late night swim, though it's probably cold by now

Gannameade

"Of course I am right!  I am a Lawyer and it was part of my doctorate thesis so to speak.  Besides....you are giving me advice from your grandfather that got capped by his wife...hence he didn't listen to his own damned advice.  Ergo to prove my point?!?  Really Elizabeth?"  He said as they got outside to the warmer air he moved with her to the waterhole just strolling for now.

"I am kinda dumb?  This is coming from my best friend.  You definitely need to work on your cheering up skills for real!"  He chuckled.

"LOL you want to have a late night swim with me?  Well the watering hole is mostly for drinking...ok boiling and drinking I think.  I don't know about swimming since most people use the pool on the roof.  It is going to be cold since it is after sunset, but you will warm up, we always did."  He said wondering where she really wanted to go.  Her arm was on his and he wasn't about to fall, but he found he was glad she was here with him.  He didn't have to even half way pretend with her he was a geek and she was ok with it.

He really was a Rogue at heart...he just didn't steal panties as easily as his thief did, here his charm and silver tongue seemed to fall in erroring flat here.  He had no idea how
Joe
pulled that off, but the man had skills...maybe he didn't tell Sofia how much of a geek he was till after they were married?!?  Yeah probably smart to not lead with that one!'  He thought.

The Green One

Tagging: Everyone | Open

Axel smiled at Elizabeth, chuckling softly before looking away from them and watching as Becky decided to leave the other two alone. It was a shame, the girl seemed fun, like the right kind of friend for Axel. Of course, he was here to work, but... "Yes, ma'am!" He nodded at her with a chuckle.

Smiling brightly at Apollo Axel reached closer to him. "I'm glad you like it! I think I should try myself now." The bartender chuckled a bit. "Alright." He nodded at Apollo, holding a soft smile while he made the requested changes.

Glancing toward Elizabeth once more, he smiled at her. "I'll do my best." He chuckled lightly. His attention then turned over Apollo. "You too." He replied. "Uh-" Axel hesitated when he was asked about the tip. "Oh, thank you." He tried not to act too surprised when he was given a fifty dollars tip, probably for the first time in his life. "Good night." Axel watched them go, and then proceeded to pick up the glasses and everything left behind by those very interesting people.