Started by KillxLucky, January 29, 2019, 03:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loremaster Kenchi

)+( Mute )+(
The Furtive Spook
Company: N/A.
Perimeter Sense: Vitani and Bhaltair.
Theme: -----

"I see them, the souls that struggle with the dark...

"I hardly doubt it was a coincidence."
"Oi, what you on about?"
"Oh, him? Just more conspiracy theories about the weather."
"Hahahaha, the weather? Right, I wouldn't be surprised if even our weather was cursed."
"What rot, all this notion of curses and bad luck. How old are all of you? Two?"

Kiowa's native ghost seemed to pay the nearby gossip little mind as he mulled over his level of stress in his head. Vitani's voice still hung in the air nearby, but even the slightest effort to stand sent his ribs in a fit of pain. Tsuki's warning to hold still and rest held true in the back of his mind. However, the lack of inactivity was proving nigh unbearable. It was like being grounded to bed...but for three weeks in his case. Even walks were going to prove to be a real chore.

Another groan of silent air escaped his maws.

How hypocritical he felt. Often, he had confined brutes to their dens to rest up and heal serious injuries. All to prevent splintering bone or agitation to promote infect. Yet, now he became reminded how high a demand it was proving to be. A huff escaped his nostrils as he laid his head down and attempted to coax sleep back into his secluded little world. Yet, all that returned was the cardinal. It's tiny black mask egging him on as it fluttered to the ground near his snout before hopping atop of it. Then the next hop landed it on his brow, then head. Once again, it had found a favorable resting place. And Mute was left with no complaints. Any company to stave off boredom was better than none.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...I see them, my silence beckons them, yet they do not come.
1. Act Justly
2. Love Mercy
3. Walk Humbly with thy God
-Micah 6:8

KillxLucky

Name: Zuya

Tsuki caught onto Zuya's suspicions, which further influenced his growing confidence in her. He hadn't mentioned his mate at all during his questioning, and yet, she was able to figure out what he was getting at. Of course, it could have been a simple intuition. Tsuki's timid nature could have played a factor in her thought process as well. Timid wolves were typically paranoid, which caused them to question everything. Paranoia could have given her the advantage in this conversation. Nonetheless, it was good to know that Tsuki was not a complete idiot. Zuya remained skeptical of her candor but if she was trained right, Tsuki would be deadly.

Alas, Tsuki made it clear that she was not around when his mate had been poisoned. Zuya could not overlook that factor. He did recognize that a few of the wolves within the pack had been missing, but that was a normality on any given day. Though, a part of him would have been thoroughly impressed if she was, indeed, the one to have pulled off such a stunt. “Have you heard any rumors floating around the pack about the incident?” Zuya had a name and somewhat of a lead but she had been delirious and unstable at the time. He couldn't know for sure if they name she had uttered was true. It was frustrating, to say the least, to not know who in the pack was a traitor. But, perhaps with Tsuki's newfound devotion, he'd be able to get one step closer to zoning in on his mate's killer.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for something different? Give the Beneath Our Paws Roleplay a try~!
O/o thread here.

finalwolf

Slash the Warrior

With: Jadene
Mood: Exhausted

Slash couldn't recall many stories from his parents or even that of Elder's Moon. He never cared for things like that, and rather spend his time play fighting with the others near his age. He couldn't help but stiff half a chuckle at her playful manner, watching her wag her tail. She was happy, and honestly it was nice to see happy wolves like that. As of late they didn't seem so carefree like this. If he had the energy and hadn't taken the herbs, he'd probably amuse both of them and play along a bit with her. "I'm not sure Nuka will have anything scary, but I suppose the old wolf could surprise us all." Though he found himself already thinking of a plan. Even if Nuka wasn't giving scary stories, he would do his best to sneak up on Jadene during it and scare her if he could. Sure it wasn't a story, but perhaps it'd be the scare she was looking for.

Slash couldn't help but snort a bit at her next statements. While he was a warrior, he wasn't opposed to helping with learning to hunt, if that's what she wanted. But she was pinning him for being tired instead. While he was, and it was the truth, it still hurt, at least for his pride. "Jag would be the better one to learn from. Plus he just got back from the last hunt, so he should have some time in between. I'm better equipped with dealing with threats than I am at hunting." There was a hint in his voice that he hadn't been amused by her teasing. "As of pushing me over, I'm not opposed to see if you want to try." He grinned.

He watched her a bit further before he decided he needed to pass out now. The herbs fully kicking in and he was full on struggling now. "I'll catch you at the Elder's Moon. Save me a seat if you will." He wasn't sure if he'd attend it or not yet, but if she really did save him a seat, he might just go on and listen in next to her. With that, he went into his den and curled up in a ball, letting sleep come easily. Now hopefully the dreams would stay away, the worry too.

OOC
Not quite what I wanted for Slash's post but here his is
BIC

SweetPotatoPie

Bhaltair

He nodded, very serious, despite his eyes still dancing with humor. He observed as she seemed to compose herself again, though despite his guilt he secretly loved the fact that he had been the one to frazzle her. Jag had made his leave and Bhaltair was settled comfortably near her and she had agreed that pups were the least of their concern. He quirked a brow at her as she defended Slash and had to suppress a snort. As much as Bhaltair jibed, he did believe in the brute at least as a pack member and that he would help protect them. He smiled down at her as she leaned into him, his tail thumping for a second or two as she playfully nudged him.

Her next words didn’t really catch him off guard, but he snorted at her and narrowed his eyes, “I was apologizing not because I thought you couldn’t take a joke, but because your too sweet for me to tease.” He nudged her with his shoulder, just enough to jostle her. “But I see here you're just as bad as I am. How dare you inquire such things!” He joked with false insult. Bhaltair chuckled to himself before turning his gaze to look out the healer’s den. It was getting late and he knew he was going to have to leave her soon so she could rest before the morning came. “While it’s true I could have a mate, I’ve been warned before about pups of my own. It was a long time ago, but the wolf had a point. If the alpha had pups and thought I favored my own over theirs ...” Maybe his anxieties were silly, but it was something he had worried about ever since it was presented to him. “As far as courting goes, I haven’t really found myself trailing after anyone. Perhaps I’ll wait for another season.” He sighed quietly. He really was more of a hopeless romantic sort of wolf, a dreamer and often not taken seriously, Most days that was just fine with him.

He saw the littlest bits of light coming through the den, a sign the sun would be on it’s way. “Oh no! It seems I’ve kept you from getting rest.” He huffed. “Hopefully you’ll be able to nap a bit here in the healer’s den where it’s quiet.” He moved to get up, but then Nuka had appeared. He settled back in his laying position to curiously look up to the elder wolf. He greeted him politely and listened to what he had to say. He spoke of an Elder's Moon, which intrigued him enough but it had been banned for the longest times. What was Zuya planning? He often wondered this but he would never find answers. He would have to sit and wait. When the old wolf took his leave, no doubt to spread the word to more wolves, Bhaltair turned to Vitani with an uncertain look. He would always look to her lead, but now it was also to see what she thought of this.

SweetPotatoPie

Relic

OOC: I hope it was okay that I brought them back!

Relic looked to Sasha, worried about her pack member and the situation. She accepted her explanation as if it were law, she believed she was right after all. Her tailed gaved the slightest of wags when Ku’Jin accepted Sasha answer. She looked to him as he continued explaining himself and felt her heart sink a little. She worried about him and knew whatever he was going through they may not be able to give him answers. Sasha was able to offer more words of wisdom and she was thankful the other female had appeared from wherever she had. Relic wasn’t always easy with words.

“That’s a thought…” She said, thinking of the pack itself. She never really saw the pack as something not being quite right, just assumed this was how it always was. He left her side, facing the cold full on and shaking out his fur. At first she didn’t move, but watched him with worry and helplessness. If only the problem was something she could simply sink her teeth into, then she could make it better. Relic met Sasha’ gaze and quickly scrambled to her paws to come up on Ku’Jin’s other side. This, this she could help with.

Upon arriving, her ears picked up whispers of the Elder’s Moon. She looked over at her pack mates, not knowing what it was. Her mother had never told her about it and wondered if she should seek her out. “Do you two know anything about Elder’s Moon?”

KillxLucky

☪〈 Timeskip 〉 ↘

Weather: Slightly cloudy. Cold. Light winds. The sun is high, but barely provides any warmth along the land. Light, wispy, clouds paint the sky. The air is chilly. Several inches of snow continue to blanket the ground but it is no longer snowing.

Time of Day: Afternoon.

Last Hunt: Page 1. An Adult Male Elk. (An Auto'd hunt).

Last Timeskip. Page 2. (N/A so far.)
O/o thread here.

SweetPotatoPie

Kize

OOC:

Kize was used to her daughter spending long amounts of time away from her. Ever since she became a Tracker and was able to leave the den, the she wolf ventured out for as long and far as she could. It made her sad, missing her pup’s company, but proud at the same time. She hoped Relic would find a good strong partner that would keep her safe, just as Kar was. She sighed longingly, curling into her little hole in the ground. It was near the main densite, tucked away under all the snow. It was such a pain having to dig out all that snow when winter came, but at least it didn’t usually collect rain water. When morning broke, she carefully pulled herself from her den and took time to stretch her limbs. She wasn’t the oldest wolf by any means, but her body still ached and complained all the same. She getting up there in age, and all the pops and pains of arthritis reminded her.

She came back to see that she really hadn’t been dozing off too long, Tsuki and Zuya appeared to still be talking. She narrowed her eyes at Tsuki and wondered what that meek little she wolf was doing looking high and mighty with their alpha like she belonged next to him. She much preferred the last wolf, she appeared to be a little more inept at the task of being an alphaess. Her only wrong step was challenging their alpha. Such a silly action. Kize’s gaze bore into the younger she wolf, hoping that maybe she could feel them like daggers. It’s not that she didn’t like Tsuki, she just believed she wasn’t worthy enough to be next to Zuya. She was always a snappy wolf, but in her old age she became more judgemental and a “know your place” sort of wolf.

The old she wolf huffed and turned away from them. She was irritated, but she could poke at him later. She hobbled herself around the densite, getting in some exercise. It was something she always did to keep herself in shape. For an old wold, she was doing pretty well I as she kept up, after all old habits die hard. Training was just something she lived and breathed when she was younger, it was something she and her mate had in common and did together. She passed by Nuka and Jag, over hearing him speaking about the dark trait. She’d heard him speak of it before, and quite honestly she never really thought much about it. But his talk did remind her of the nights of Elder Moon she shared with the pack before it was banned. While she saw the potential in the bad, she did like the stories that were told and it wasn’t all terrible. Maybe, if she could remember them, she could share her own tales. The old she wolf found a spot among the other wolves and curled up, enjoying what little warmth the sun had to offer. “Don’t go off telling scary stories to the young ones just yet, Nuka.” She smiled, having taken up a seat nearby.

Cascarones

Name Jadene
Mood Playful, Curious
Location Main Densite > Spook's Den
Tagging Mute

"Sleep well." It was said sincerely for the most part, the faintest note of her teasing still in there as she turned to walk away, back to her original goal. The Healer's den! Honestly, if she was to stay in pristine condition for her hunts, she should have really put her health before Slash. A sigh left her nose, hot exhale turning into mist in the cooler air. If she'd lasted this long without going, perhaps she didn't really need to go, the wolf pausing in her steps to stare at the den not too far away, Vitani and Tsuki hanging out near it, yet too far for Jadene to hear their words. What else could she do besides that, eyes scanning the area. Perhaps roll in the snow? Or would a rest feel better, the air was warmer than this morning, it'd be such a shame to waste it. Looking down, she pushed the snow from the ground to see how deep it went, another sigh leaving her. She hated not doing something, scanning the area again, ready to walk away when she paused at a bird in the distance. Was it on the snow?? Or floating? The wolf's head tilted somewhat before trotting closer, slowing down when she solved the mystery.

Spook's den. If it could be called a den, gently padding the rest of the way, cardinal fluttering off when she stopped at the entrance.

"It's a beautiful day outside isn't it?" She piped up, fully aware of how loud her voice sounded out here where the spook slept. "The sun is shining the birds are singing, or, they were. I must've startled them." She looked up at their silence, unamused, before flopping herself besides the den, forward enough to look down at the white wolf. "Do you ever get mistaken for Zuya or Bhaltair? You're all so similar, but it's your sizes and how you hold yourselves that tell you apart. Like, you're all the way out here." her head moved between her front paws, sniffing towards Mute and looking at him and waiting. "Do you need me to bring you something?"

Loremaster Kenchi

)+( Mute )+(
The Furtive Spook
Company: Jadene.

"You see? You see? He hasn't moved in hours."
"How could he possibly be the one? He's practically in shambles."
"But I know it's him. It has to be. He's too suspicious not to be."
"Pipe down, how could he possibly be it?"
"Only ghosts could survive an avalanche."
"Only freaks could survive certain death."

A burdened mind rested on Mute's paws as drowsy bag-laiden eyes stared off into the distant refuse of the woodlands. The cold did little to disturb the small white-coated dwarf, with his floof being as thick as it was. And, despite it all, he still wore the facade of a smile on his lips as his senses slowly drowned out the mill of rumors around him. Even Vitani and Bhaltair's voices slowly faded with disciplined concentration. Regrettably, he had snooped long enough. Rather, his attention veered to the cardinal bird planted atop his head, the only visitor he had all day. It was a comforting piece of regalia compared to Slash's steely gaze and visitation yesterday.
He couldn't help but wonder...the gnawing in the back of his mind. The scraping against his internal integrity as an animal. Yes, he could feel it. The dark, numbing feeling. It-...it wanted to try and take over again. Soon. Would it be tonight? Tomorrow? Mute took a second to close his eyes tight and grit his teeth before relaxing his muscles once more.

"And you, crimson angel? What say you? Am I doomed to devolve into a monster?" Mute thought worriedly. To his surprise, the little masked head-bandit took to flight as if he had spoken, though that clearly wasn't the case. A voice. A voice he only faintly recognized; one he didn't hear often. It's presence was what startled the crowned crimson messenger so. Commenting on the beautiful day...a charming voice, brash like the verdant woodlands that raised her. A true huntresses voice. An ambitious, yet also compassionate voice.
Almost baffled that the owner of such a heart-lifting voice would even bother to speak to him, Mute raised his head to turn to the owner of the vocals: Jadene.

Theme: Jadene meets Kiowa's Ghost

The Furtive Spook of Kiowa would greet the huntress with a weary, but warm, weak smile. A smile to communicate something his voice never could. His sorrowful, yet deepening, amber eyes seemed to give a concerted effort to assist the same smile...despite being weighed down by heavy bags from lack of authentic slumber. His sturdy, fluffy frame did all they could to soften and enhance his welcoming gesture to stand. All the while, barely hiding the grievous pain of his cracked ribs. They groaned with pain, but Mute would be damned not to pay proper respects to a fellow wolf of rank. Especially one deserving of his acknowledgement. There were few fae who's beauty matched the gold in their hearts. Thus, ever watchful as he was, even if Mute and Jadene had never truly held even a brief conversation...his judgement confirmed she was a fae of a lovely nature. This was a fae who's dark oaken peepers fixated any would-be observaer's attention. Be it prey or foe. Yet, when it be friend, that very same oak softened with the eager smile she often wore on her face pound per pound of energy. Her soft, fluffy ears were often gossiped as her most adorned adoration; slightly smaller than most, but the amount of soft fuzz they held were a trophy of desire amongst many a brute in the pack. Her rounded face accentuated the masked hunter=pattern of her coat. The colors of autumn wedding the winter. Always a breathtaking color palette. And speaking of marriage: her feminine build hybridized a stout survivalist that made the very word "survivor" all the more attractive to mind. All the way down to her digger's paws, both strong and thick to carry her chase over the earth against the swiftest game. She could give Ku'Jin a run for his money.
A beautiful day, huh?

"Well, hehe, it certainly is now." Mute thought gingerly to himself as a shy side-glance led his head to the right in bashfulness. Indeed, her vibrant, booming voice threatened to shake the grunge off of his eye-lids. However, her questions came next. And to her curiosity, they resulted in tugging an embarrassed grin from the humble Ingyanga. "M-mistaken? For those two, you say? No-no, dear Jadene. Not hardly." Mute shook his head while stifling a silent chuckle in his shoulders, finally conceding defeat to his aching body and laying back down with his upper half sticking out of his burrow in the ground. The only one in the entire densite. Mute's home and space for herb storage. And the bunker...for the active nightmares.
Curiously, she seemed to seat herself near him before wedging her adorning head between her comfy land-tredders. "Indeed" Mute quietly thought in agreement. He was always based way out here, specifically when he wasn't working or pack-watching. And all for good reason. Despite how sad her observation was, Mute's weak smile still persisted. All too motivated to continue trying to comfort her while he graced him with her presence. And then her offer came. A question of concern, naturally occurring from one with such an ambitious heart for self-improvement and compassion locked into one beating heart. Had...? Had she really come to check up on him?

The sting hit Mute's heart like a gentle honeybee, threatening to well up salty water in his eyes. Mute turned his head away for a second to regain his composure. And his mind wondered. Yes, he needed to try and eat something. And he hadn't drank anything since before the sun came up. It had taken a concentrated effort from Tsuki to even provide those necessities for his battered body. And in addition, the longing for company weighed heavily on his heart. Despite Mute being such an introvert...he was still a social animal. All wolves were. It couldn't be helped. But how could he have the gall to ask Jadene for all these things? He felt ashamed. He couldn't lie to her and shake his head "no." If he had, the guilt would have multiplied. It even shook a grumble in his stomach. However, he didn't shake his head "yes" either. All he could do was look at her with heartfelt warmth in his eyes and try to smile. "Jadene, believe it or not, you're already doing so much. Right here. I truly doubt I could ever ask anything of you. When you're already keeping my creeping solitude at bay. Thank you." Mute wished he could say. But it was only a wish.
Mute was a mute wolf. Silence was the cowl he wore, and would be doomed to do so, forever.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Act Justly
2. Love Mercy

finalwolf

Tsuki the healer

With: Zuya
Mood: Content

Tsuki tilted her head to the side as he asked her about the incident and she shook her head. "I don't know much of it. One would think the wolf who did it, has a decent amount of knowledge with herbs though. That doesn't just mean healers either. There are the trackers and hunters who know about some of the more basic herbs that we ask for them to be on the look out for when we need them." Tsuki thought further on it. Warriors and the babysitters weren't ones they normally asked a lot of. Not with medically at least. Still, they couldn't be crossed out either.

Did this truly mean that there was at least one wolf within this pack that might challenge Zuya's reign since they attacked and killed their female alpha? "I don't believe it was any healer though. They've all talked a fair bit about the incident, afraid that you might think it was one of them. We're healers, we don't like seeing others hurt. That's why I think you can rule out the healers." Perhaps it would seem she was just covering for her friends, but she honestly didn't believe any of them could have done this. Some of the other wolves she didn't know as well from the other sections, that's where she would put her food on it.

As time went on Tsuki snuggled a bit closer to him again. She couldn't help but have taken notice that eyes where on them. No, on her. Why would they be on her? Was it because she was spending so much time with their alpha today? They where only jealous, that had to be it.

Let them look on, you're going to be above them all soon enough. You belong at Zuya's side, you deserve to be at his side. He'll see soon enough how capable you really are, especially with my help.

Tsuki didn't see Ryka, but she heard her. It had been a couple of hours since she heard her this loud, which meant her being with Zuya was the key to keeping Ryka quiet. If that is what it took, then so be it. She would do what she had to, to be seen well liked by Zuya. If only for some of her own personal gain of keeping Ryka quiet. Still, what would Mute think of this? Did it matter? Maybe. She was finding herself enjoying being by Zuya, and she couldn't figure out why. One thing she liked, was she did feel safe around him.

Tsuki looked up at Zuya. "I think some of the pack is forgetting their place. With the attack on our female alpha, I worry they might try on you. They need to all remember where they belong in this pack." She knew he probably thought of this already, and he probably was already figuring out ways to show his leadership again and to prove why he was their alpha, but would it be enough? The attack was pretty bold.

KillxLucky

Name: Vitani
Company: Bhaltair// Jadene and Mute are nearby.
Out.Of.Character~ Vitani's Song~

Vitani's tail thumped wildly behind her as the playful banter between herself and Bhaltair continued. Her unease melted away now that she knew it was all fun and games and simply teasing. It was certainly a relief and the sitter had sure got her good. The fae had practically jumped out of her skin at the mention of herself with a mate and pups. Luckily, that feeling had long since passed. Vitani's ear twitched at Bhaltair's smallest sigh, the slightest hint of unhappiness radiated from his breath. Green orbs searched the male's face briefly. She had only been teasing him, but perhaps she accidentally stuck a sore nerve for the brute. His statement of possibly trying for a mate the next season caught Vitani's attention.

“Nothing wrong with that.” She reassured him.

Vitani provided Bhaltair with yet another nudge, but this time with the tip of her nose into the fur on his shoulder. She lowered her voice so that her words carried into his pelt, more than any other ears who may be around.

“When I am alpha, you'll be free to live your life as you may please, even if that means pups.” Vitani shared this information with Bhaltair.

She was confident that she could trust him with such words. Plus, she needed to start getting wolves on her side. No one eknew how she planned to one day become alpha. Some would assume that she meant once Zuya was dead, considering he currently had no alphaess and no legitimate born pups. Naturally, she'd be next in line.

Before Bhaltair could protest or ask her any questions about what she meant, Nuka appeared, lightly briefing them of the return of Elder's Moon. Vitani's eyes narrowed at the older brute, though she remained quiet as he spoke. His enthusiasm on the matter concerned her greatly. Her father had banned such a gathering for many reasons, namely to prevent the spread of the dark trait. Even talking about it briefly seemed to be enough to 'cause some wolves to dive further into whatever madness that may have been trying to hide. Thus, not talking about it, seemed to be a way to keep the trait at bay.

As Nuka departed, Vitani half expected Bhaltair to do the same, considering he was previously attempting to leave. The sitter had completely settled next to her, once again, and was looking to her expectantly. Vitani caught his gaze for a moment before averting her eyes, toward the den's entrance.

“It's not like I can do anything about it, but this is a huge mistake. My uncle has definitely got something brewing.” Vitani's ears flattened.

It seemed she would have to make a move on Zuya, and soon. It seemed she let Bhaltair in on her secret, just in time. She trusted him. It was smart of her to recruit him, she assumed. It would be wise to have others, in the shadows, that she could count on as she plotted Zuya's demise.

Still, a very small part of her wondered how this would work out in her uncle's favor at all. What was he planning with the readmission of Elder's Moon? Was it simply to spite her father, Zuya's own brother? Did Alpha Zuya simply want to undermine and unravel everything that Alpha Reynu had worked so hard to build? No, knowing her uncle, there was something much deeper to that.

“Bhaltair, with wolves attending and the rituals that are performed and were banned, we may be messing with the balance of the pack and nature. So far, the best way to expel the dark trait has been to refrain from giving it any power. If wolves start hearing about it and talking about it, they may start to think they can control it within themselves... That's how it works.” Vitani shook her head. “This is bad.”

The fae started to stir from her resting spot, intent on trying to do something to stop it or at least prevent wolves from going to listen to Nuka. Vitani glanced around the densite and took notice of Jadene and Mute involving themselves into a one-sided conversation. The fae's ears flatted tight against her head as she remembered what Slash had told her about Mute. Wolves like Mute were probably Zuya's prime target. Maybe once he was finished, she could talk him out of attending, if he did plan on going. Or maybe.. she could use Bhaltair for it while she tracked down others like Slash. Vitani lowered her head in Bhaltair's direction.

“We have to stop anyone we can from going.” She whispered.

Vitani nudged Bhaltair and dipped her head in the direction of Jadene and Mute. “Will you do me a favor?” She asked of him. Of course, he could decline if he wanted. “I'm going to see if I can find Slash. I've got to talk to him about something, but.. could you see if Mute plans on going to the ceremony?” Her eyes never left the pair's direction, but she remembered that she was singling him out. “Err. and Uh, Jadene as well. If they are, try to talk them out of it, okay?” Vitani started to stand, making sure to keep the pressure of her injured paw. She shook out her pelt and watched Bhaltair. “I'm counting on you.” Vitani could have figured out Mute's intentions about Elder's Moon on her own, but it would be rather suspicious. But if she sent Bhaltair, well, no one would really question it if he brought up the occasion in a friendly way.

“”
O/o thread here.

KillxLucky

Name: Ku'Jin
Company: Relic, Sasha
Out.Of.Character~ 
“”

“Thank you.” Ku'Jin told them both, holding each of their gazes for the moment.

It was kind of them to take time out of their day to try and help him feel better. Even though Sasha's words made sense, they didn't seem to apply to the situation he was trying to describe but he didn't have the heart or energy to tell her that. The pack may have been a bit.. out of wack, but that's how he'd always known Kiowa to be. Someone was genuinely missing. But.. who? Ku'Jin blinked a few times, his ears flattened against his head as he tried his best to recall anything about the missing figure. A name. A face. Pelt color. Anything. Nothing came to mind.

The girls soon caught him by surprise as each of pressed firmly against his sides, pulling him from his reeling thoughts. They each started to head back, thought Ku'Jin fell silent. The smaller tracker walked awkwardly, sandwiched between the two faes. He understood that they wanted to make sure he didn't fall again or something of that sort, but still it was someone difficult to walk with them so close. His injuries from a previous hunt were still quick painful but at least he was able to move around. Again, his mind pulled to the wolf who had helped him though it.. or at least, the wolf who was supposed to help him through it. A feeling of abandonment washed over the tracker in a wave of uncertainty. He remembered being betrayed by the wolf, or what he felt was betrayal and now they were completely missing from him, both physically and somewhat mentally. But spiritually, he still felt a connection to that wolf. He huffed, becoming increasingly exhausted with the mind games that were being played with himself.

Finally, they made it back to the densite and they each caught onto the whispers of the Elder's Moon. Nuka hadn't yet sought them out, considering they were not present within the densite, but that didn't mean word wouldn't travel quickly to them. When Relic asked if they knew anything about the ceremony, Ku'Jin shrugged.

“If I did, I don't remember much of it now.” He admitted, sadly. There seemed to be more and more things that Ku'Jin was started to forget, he noticed.

Ku'Jin's ears lowered, again, with uncertainty. What was happening with his mind? He swallowed, then plopped down on his rump. His energy was exhausted from the walk and the strain on his sore, torn muscles.

“Do you know anything about it, Sasha?” He asked quizzically.

As he awaited an answer, Ku'Jin's multicolored eyes shifted around the hustle and bustle around the densite. Something about this was different. Wrong. Ku'Jin tried not to show the discomfort, though it remained plastered on his face.
O/o thread here.

Cascarones

Name Jadene
Mood Playful, Curious
Tagging Mute

When you had to hunt, stalk, and read animals as a living, it wasn't too hard to read Mute's body language. She could only inch closer until her nose was right at the tips of his fur, watching him look away, seeing his eyes flicker a moment, his short inhale as he seemed to hide back some emotion. The wolf could only let her tail wag before his stomach rumbled, ears and head turning towards where the sound was. Letting her nose into his fur, she sniffed, pretending to look for where it came from, the den hiding the lower half of his body, and she made no move to entirely poke her nose into that, though she wished to, trying to peer past him, but Mute's fluffy body blocked any viewing into it, making her look back at him. "Sounds like you could definitely use something, hm? There might be some hunt left. You should really signal to someone you need food." With a stretch, the huntress stood and shook the snow off herself. "I'll be back." and with confident steps, left the quiet wolf.

It looked like Vitani and Bhaltair were really into their conversation, she noted, sniffing at what was left of the carcass, trying to find something good for Mute. Had she known earlier he hadn't eaten, maybe she would've stolen some soft bits since he couldn't move much. Meat that involved too much effort wasn't for him, but that's all that seemed to be left, the wolf sighing, giving the food another circling-around. She saw the dark form that was Ku'Jin, and she paused a moment to stare at him, eyeing his body language. Welcome back, she thought to herself, deciding what was left of the thigh would be good. Ripping it from the body was a whole different story, one stubborn tendon still existing, connecting it to the pelvis. With a growl, Jadene worked to tear and rip at it, forepaws on the body to help push it away as she pulled at the string of meat. Tendons were good parts to chew on, they made for strong jaw muscles, but dang were they an annoyance when you didn't want to eat them, the line finally snapping, wolf stumbling back.

She swallowed it anyway, ripping at whatever was left of skin and muscle before proudly swinging the thigh away from the rest of the pile. A flap of fur was clamped tight in her maw, the rest hanging as she trotted back to Mute, eyes glittering with pride as she dropped the meal in front of him, licking her chops. "It's not the softest part, but you can get some good marrow out of this. See if you can tear it or if you need help." But she would help anyway, resting her paws on either side of the leg to hold it still for the disabled wolf.

Loremaster Kenchi

)+( Mute )+(
The Furtive Spook

"Whoa whoa, what do you mean Tsuki likes Mute?"
"Nah, no way. She's gunna be Zuya's girl at this rate."
"F****n' called it!"
"I mean, yeah, who'd claim that inferior freak anyway? He's a living gargoyle, a walking dead-thing."
"Well, I think he's nice. He was always paying the pups a visit to drop off snacks and support the sitters-"
"My a**, he's just too weird! I mean, look at him now, all banged up to hell. Can't even do his damn job. All the females will be out of heat before he fully heals."
"Pffft, as if he ever had a chance; never ONCE has he shown interest in-!...wait, who's that?"
"Jadene?"
"What's her deal? Bringing food to that misfit? Don't tell me she likes him. She's gotta be as diluted as Tsuki, Vitani, and Slash."
"Misguided fools. All of them. They still have Renyu's brain-rot in their heads. Ha, maybe she'll claim Mute out of pity!"
"Yeah, some sick pet-pity-project. Maybe she's into that-"
"Shut up, the lot of you! Listen to yourselves! Jadene wouldn't sink that low. She just feels sorry for him."
"...yeah...and sympathy is just sugared poison."
"..."
"...shit."
"What is it?"
"Pecado's brother and sister just got back...and they don't look too friendly."
"Aw f**k, shit is about to hit the fan. They're making a beeline to Mute's den, kekekeke, this outta be good~"

When Mute's hopeful eyes rose to meet Jadene's deep peepers, he could only turn his head away with a shy scowl. In all honesty, her blunt relayed intention of kindness made him feel bashful just now. As if he could ever trouble anyone just to feed him. It was bad enough Tsuki had been nursing him back to health as dedicated as she had been lately. In his shame for letting his condition get as bad as it had; wasn't he just a bother right now? The dark circles under his eyes did little to hide how ashamed he felt. But also...how surprised he felt that this huntress came out of the blue just to service his needs like a true team player. Well, according to his stomach, an absolute savior.
He bid her a temporary farewell as she left to fetch him a bite to eat. Such an admonish-able fae. Admonition: as in the sense her very actions were gently reprimanding him for thinking he was truly alone at times like this. Inadvertently, she could very well be scolding him for allowing the cowl of victim-hood seize and block out his usual confidence. In truth, he could only be glad the pups he loved to visit could not see him like this.

For a few moments. Mute tried to force himself to smile. He reminded himself he need to seem more thankful for what he had. After all, if it weren't for Vitani and co. 's daring rescue...Pecado and his lackeys may have succeeded in killing him...instead of...him killing Pecado to save Tsuki. No, there was no guarantee he'd harm her. He was an unranked wolf, while she actually held a position. His lackeys may have held him in check on that note. Well...maybe. However, Vitani and Slash would have surely come to save her in his stead. Right? Mute's smile seemed to falter against the gentle breeze; the bitter cold dragging it down. Once again, Pecado's defiled corpse in the murky cavern flashed in his mind. Mute sternly shook his head. A fear of "what if Jadene ever found out" arose in his weary mind. What if...she ever discovered who he really was? Like Tsuki nearly found out in his old cave, atop the mountain? His real name, the name given to him by his adopted parents, the name he left behind when Renyu gave him a new one.
Yeah...Shiloh was gone. He wasn't Shiloh anymore. He hadn't been for over a year now. "Mute" was what the wolves of Kiowa called him. It suited him better. Like calling a bear "huge" or a stork "tall." He was a wolf without one of a wolf's most important tools.

Once again, Mute wearily shook his head, and upon hearing Jadene draw near once more he did his absolute best to wear a thankful smile. A truly, grateful, smile. His eyes stung with moisture. And as soon as she laid the offering near him; his composure nearly shattered. The facade of "the grateful host" he tried to portray became riddled with cracks. Mute's ears drooped , as slowly, gracefully he laid his head to rest against her front, right leg as she stood before his prostrate position. It was by no means planned, but he pressed his forehead against her leg tightly, because it was the closest thing this pathetic brute could do to embrace her for what she had done. Even if only to her, it was a small, kind gesture. Mute gritted his teeth. A few droplets kissed the snow; a tiny number of escaped convicts from the prison of feelings he held for ransom deep inside his aching heart.

It was times like these that being unable to say how he felt was a literal hell of frustration and torture.

Yet, sooner than later, Mute reminded himself he was being awkward. And likely making his guest feel uncomfortable. This was not behavior fit for a gentle-canine. Ironically, he retracted his head without looking at her, fearful of what estranged expression she was most likely making at him right now. And weakly, he began to chew. No later had the taste of valuable protein hit his gums, did a shot of vigor hit his muscles. Food! Mute took an enormous bite! His appetite, at last, breaking through his bought of depression and anxiety. Oh, if only he could remember how to hold someone close as to possibly show how much was welling up in his heart! Yet, even the mere thought of trying to repay the huntress with affection caused his cracked ribs to wince. As if a harsh reminder from his fellow pack mates not to move and possibly make the injury worse. But by the moon, if he could-! For all these wonderful fae had done for him so far, if he were large enough, he'd hold them all against his chest and weep and smile!
...but...
...sadly...the feeling would be all but squashed...as an all-too familiar scent hit Mute's nose: blood. No, not the piece of kill in front of his teeth. No. Wolf's blood. A very familiar wolf's blood. Mute's nose twitched as his head shot up from eating as a wave of great concern washed over him. "Jadene...you need to leave please." was what he wished he could have said as he looked at her, his mouth slightly hanging open. It was concern. Soon, four wolves loomed into the clearing. Like four bad omens. Two, front in center, a male and female. And two hanging back, heads lowered in a snicker of retribution...not much different than hyenas. Mute recognized them all. The two in back...were Pecado's lackeys...the cowards who fled during the avalanche. For lack of a better word: snitches and a bully's side-kicks. But the two front and center were more worrisome, and for two reasons. Pecado had two older siblings in Kiowa. Both held rank equal to him and the hunter standing beside him. An older brother and sister. The fae, Hannorabi, likely at least knew of Jadene because she too was a huntress in the pack. She had a reputation for being a loose cannon, an aggressor, not to mention the least favored to work with in a team due to her selfish tendencies to hog the glory in getting the final kill. Like both her brothers, she had a flush orange coat with oaken hints of fall, and sported a crude scar that spread over both eyes horizontally. Her wild-wide eyes clearly communicated her rage and unhinged feelings.
Then there was the oldest brother, Mataro, a warrior. He was built a bit more sturdy than his younger brother. But while Hannorabi and Pecado had sported the same angry brown eyes, he had inhereted his father's icy blue eyes. Cold, cunning, calculated, emotionless, and dangerously intelligent. He was as calm as stone; nearly at all times. However, he harbored no sympathy or empathy for anything or anyone. If wolves had ever grasped what a machine was, they likely would have thought of him. Cold like ice and steel. A warrior ever possessed by his own pursuit of perfection. SO much so, he never even bothered to notice the fae who fancied him. Yet, now, for the more worrisome element: their paws were soaked in Pecado's blood. Mute's nose recognized it instantly. His eyes clarified what Hannorabi and Mataro suspected.

They knew...even if it wasn't the entire story...they knew. Pecado's desecrated body in a hellish state was fresh in their minds.

Mute could only frantically ponder if they had slowly trailed Pecado's last known location upon hearing he never returned, after Slash's report. Yet, how they found the scent after such a recent blizzard was beyond him. Hannorabi gave a low, threatening growl as Mute raised his head a little higher to address them. "Jadene...be a dear and make yourself scarce. We have private business with the inyanga." Hannorabi's sickeningly sweet voice barely hid the threatening tone underneath. It was a poisonous anger she hardly struggled to reign in. Her brother took a calm step forward. "We just need some information Jadene. We wont be long." he lied with a sincere visage of restraint and nobility. Like a nobleman come to claim first rights to a peasant's newlywed. Twas only his birthright to have his way.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Act Justly
2. Love Mercy

KillxLucky

[/float]
Name: Zuya

Morning shifted to afternoon and Tsuki had been by his side the whole time, speaking with him. This was a first, in a long time, in his book. Since being mated to a crazed wolf who made it her top priority to chase away any giving tail that may waltz his way, The robust alpha had forgotten how it felt to be chatted up by females other than his mate. Most only spoke to him when they needed something from him. Every so often, there was one who would offer herself to him, but of course, his mate would nip that idea right in the butt... and quite literally. It had only been a few days but Zuya was finding pleasure in being mate-less once again. He didn't miss his Alphaess at all. Once becoming mated, he'd begun to lose sight in what he was been originally aiming for. Perhaps, this was Mother Moon's way of stirring him back in the direction of his true destiny. Perhaps he should thank the one who stole his mate's life, rather than punish them.

Zuya listened to what Tsuki had to say about the Inyanga, Hunters, and Trackers and their knowledge of herbs. While her words seemed true and genuine, one could never be too sure. Even so, his mate had uttered a name before her passing and no one with that name held the rank of an Inyanga. However, that didn't excuse any Hunters or Trackers. In fact, the name narrowed it down to those two ranks specifically. Still, he did not let Tsuki in on that detail.

“Inyanga are not exempt until I find the culprit.” Zuya admitted.

Just because Tsuki spent the better part of the morning with him did not mean he fully trusted her. She would have a lot of trust to earn, must like anyone else. Zuya was a very cautious wolf and truly believed everyone was out to get him. It took a long time for even his previous mate to become close to him, and even parts of her he still did not trust up until her death. Zuya's hardened heart would not allow him to be a victim of idiocy and misplaces trust. For all he knew, Tsuki could be going along with a plan to have him killed and the death of his mate was step one.

As this thought gained momentum in his mind, he found himself growing colder toward Tsuki. It seemed her attempt in clearing the Inyanga name backfired and it was showing in Zuya's demeanor. As she snuggled closer, even with onlookers silently judging her, Zuya's found his upper lip pulling upward into a silent snarl. The heat radiating off Tsuki's body had caused him, again, to lose sight of his main focus. Faes and their damned heat would be the death of him if he wasn't careful. Zuya's fur bristled down the nape of his neck and in between his shoulders. The sneer on his face broadening as he turned his attention toward her. Tsuki was getting comfortable too soon. She'd, and anyone else, need to work her ass off to be considered worthy to be his mate. Annoyance at being touch and brushed against so easily cause him to shift and allow more space between the two bodies. The cold air that replaced Tsuki's warmth helped to clear the brute's head. Tsuki's next words about the pack forgetting their place made Zuya chuckle. His sneer had disappeared and was replaced with a sinister grin.

“Let them try. They will remember exactly where they belong... cold bodies in the dirt when I am finished with them.” The threat dripped from Zuya's lips as his green orbs held Tsuki's. “As it stands, the pack believes my beating of my mate during her pregnancy is what ultimately killed her.” Zuya continued, still holding Tsuki's gaze. “I intend to keep it that way.” After a few long seconds, Zuya broke his gaze, to watch the pack members interacting with one another. “Of course, a few of you, inyanga, know the truth.” Zuya's large tail coiled around his body and landed over his forepaws. “Don't you have work to do, Inyanga?” Zuya insisted.

Zuya had completely flipped from the way he was acting toward Tsuki a few moments ago. But this was his personality. His goals came first and right now, Tsuki was a distraction.
O/o thread here.

Loremaster Kenchi

(-/-/-)Lavi (-/-/-)
The Twilight Messiah
Perimeter Sense: N/A

"Cursing both Sun and Moon, Twilight sent her one and only daughter to carry the sins of the world...

Silent shadows fell from the trees onto the haggard trio of wolves backing up near the corner of the great ravine that stretched throughout the middle of the Bojuka Bog. Silent sentinels of rotted trees within the mire. The wind may have been bitter, but it was too weak to so much as coax the trees into a pathetic creaking. The overcast was grim. And it was all the Alpha of the Myr pack could do to consolidate his frightened Alphaess. His eyes were adorned with shame as he exchanged glances with the wounded beta posing his guard between them...and the staggering horde before them...pinning their position near the rocky crags of the ravine within the swamp. A once proud warrior, this beta was near the end of his wits baring gritted fangs in a fruitless attempt to intimidate what he once considered were fellow packmates and friends.

Theme: The Leviathan greets BOP

"What the hell is wrong with all of you!? This is your Alpha! Madness! This is madness!" the Beta cried in anger and desperation, his voice hoarse and shaking under the pressure that the many sets of frenzied eyes set upon him.
"Lavi! Lavi, my daughter what has gotten into you!?" it was the Alpha's turn to speak. "What have we ever done to deserve this? We loved you! For creation's sake, we STILL love our daughter, Lavi! None of this bloodshed could possibly be worth whatever sick prophecy you're trying to fulfill. The lives lost cannot possibly be worth it! Lavi! LAVI!" the Alpha's plea fell on attentive ears. There, basking upon a large, stone slab that once served as the feasting table for the pack's kills...a sweet smiling black fae laid. Her sharp silver eyes eyed the trio with great love and compassion. With such a kind face, her parents could only look on with bewilderment as the Beta observed the exchange in confusion. It was here another haggardly wolf from among the staggering horde spoke.
"They speak lies, my brothers and sisters! The Messiah's parents are misled: their souls corrupted by the flesh that houses them! Their souls struggle and suffer under the burden of their sins!" this wolf spoke at a fervent pace.
"The Messiah, sent from Holy Twilight, defied the Sun and Moon for us! To bring an end to your sinful ways! You would have led the Myr into ruin! " another fae piped up from near the back of the congregation.
"I saw it! Our Alpha would have soiled our very souls by binding them to the flesh that imprisons them! Blasphemy! If it weren't for our beloved Leviathan, OUR SAVIOR; who carries all of our sins...we would have been doomed to suffer for eternity!" another brute preached from amongst the crowd. Lavi's eyes traced from follower to devoted follower as many took a turn to decry their anguish. But eventually, her eyes landed upon the small crowd of pups that settled themselves at the base of her rock. And a small male would take notice and smile back at her before saying "And Twilight said "fear not, slaves of the Sun and Moon, for I am preparing a savior to join and guide you through the mire. And take heart, for unlike your sins, her burden is light. She will prepare a table in the presence of thine enemies...and as the blessed Leviathan...she will smite them. And with them, devour your sins." his recitement earned his glances of admiration and pride from the adults who turned to look back at him. But most of all, a smile of endearment from Lavi, caused his face to flush.

"What evil is this you all speak of?! When had all of your minds succumbed to this-this-poisoned way of thinking!? You've just killed many of your own packmates in cold blood!" the Beta screamed out in saddened anguish.

"Unbelievers."
"Heretics."
"Blasphemers!"
"They were given mercy on behalf of their souls. Killing them was merciful."

Many amongst the congregation murmured such treatises, all before looking up to Lavi with reverence and admiration. And in return, Lavi humbly bowed her head and closed her eyes. Her signal...her permission: Kill them. And it only took but a moment. Despite the Alpha and Beta being proficient combatants, they were easily swarmed by their fervent packmates. The trio were, most "mercifully" , ripped to pieces. Their screams swam like a sweet symphony to Lavi's ears over the triumphant baying of her dearly dedicated followers. And, in mere minutes, they all lined up near the ravine's edge and bowed prostrate as Lavi rose and lifted a paw to request silence. The pups could barely stifle their silence as excited yips and barks echoed in their tiny maws. "Canines of Twilight, peace be unto you." Lavi's velveteen charisma flowed out through her voice like an enticing lullaby. Her followers answered, devotedly, "and peace be also with you." "Lift up your hearts." Lavi's buttery vocals poured over the other wolves like a deeply desired respite. And they answered: "in defiance towards Sun and Moon, we lift them up to Twilight and her one and only daughter who carries the burden of all of our sins. Amen." "It is done!" Lavi rose her voice before enchanting the remaining pack into a celebratory howl; to which every other wolf participated. And once it was done, Lavi continued to speak as she approached the ravine's edge amongst her congregation. "The time for the Great Journey is among us. As promised! In undeath, I will absolve you of all of your sins. In exchange for your faithfullness in the face of liars and decrepid wolf tradition! I unshackle all of you! You are free to join my soul in paradise. For eternity!" Lavi preached with faithful fervor. Many brutes and fae alike began to wipe their tears amongst their neighbor's shoulders. A few whimpered with relief and joy. And it was all the pups could do to share their happiness by crowding around her feet and lapping her shoulders and chest with puppy kisses for praise.

"Please, our Messiah, may the pups go first?"
"Yes, please! Have the pups precede us into paradise!"
"They deserve to be first!"

And so, it only took a few more pleas for Lavi to nod her accent and smile with humble compassion. Her reaction was met with more cheers and howls of joy. And as soon as she turned around to face the gorge at the bottom of the ravine itself...the abomination against the very laws of nature...continued...

On either side of Lavi, the pups of the Myr pack dove off the side of the cliff's edge. Eagerly, willingly, unafraid, and hopeful to be the first to fall into Twilight's merciful embrace. They dove to their deaths as their brainwashed parents cheered them on with pride. And, no sooner after the last pup shattered her bones against the rocky mire bottom, the adults followed suit. They dove with bravado. And they dove with practiced dedication. Eventually, before long, all was quiet. Only the moans of the creaking trees remained in the Bojuka Bog. The Myr were now all but extinct. All, save Lavi...as her sweet smile faded into a neutral expression of cold, unfeeling venom. Her silver eyes dilated ferociously. And her iris' constricted. They resembled a viper's perfectly. She could feel it. Their souls. All of their souls funneling into her own heart...or well...the great black abyss that functioned as her heart. In appreciation, she cracked a sinister smile, brimming from ear to ear. At four years old, the Myr had not been the first. No, not the first, only the most recent.
And thus, she set her eyes to another direction...Kiowa territory...

How many of them, if not all, suffered under the burden of sin? How many, desperately needed a Messiah? A Leviathan who hungered for their burdens?

...and indeed a Messiah was sent, a great Leviathan, to cannibalize life into death. Amen.
1. Act Justly
2. Love Mercy

Cascarones

Name Jadene
Mood Warning, Cautious, Angry
Tagging Mute

Her pride swelled to something almost sinful, watching him bow his head and rest it against her foreleg, like a human man kissing the feet of his king. This was such a pleasuring experience her tail couldn't help but wag. Look at her, a savior to the poor and weak, feeding the wolf the others of Kiowa avoided. Surely her kindness knew no bounds. Jadene lowered her head to give his own a lick. "You don't need to be so dramatic. You're one of our healers. We'd be nothing without you, afterall, right?" She gave a happy tilt of her head, tail continuing to wag before she seated herself just off to the side of him. Sitting right in front of him while he ate would indeed be awkward. Instead, the huntress took this time to take in the scents of the afternoon. Crisp snow mixing in with the cool warmth of the sun, the smell of pine as the breeze brushed past the trees, this was a good season, she noted, taking a slow, deep breath. Mute's hunger was a little hilarious though, peeking from the corner of her eye down at him. Truly a starving wolf. When was the last time he'd eaten?? With a chuckle, she looked to him to properly ask, but something was walking from his other side, in the distance, and the smell came up with it.

Blood.

Nostrils flared, her ears spun and focused on the group of four as they kept walking up. Whatever look the white wolf below gave her, she ignored, standing up and stepping over him instead, just to seat herself between him and them. How curious, she noted, as they came almost too close before stopping their movements forward.

Rude.

"Unfortunately I can't. I have business as well with the Inyanga." She spoke sweetly, but the rigidity of her spine told another story, eyes moving to Mataro. "Like I said. I'm unable to leave. I hurt my paw, you see," She lifted the limp thing. "And he agreed to help me out with it if I brought him food to eat. I'm sure you can ask him questions while he does so. But I'm unable to leave because this really needs to be seen by a professional. So," She carefully lowered it, tail giving a single thump as though to offend them that she wasn't taking them seriously. "I'm sure any questions you ask you can ask with me around."

She gave a shrug, looking Mataro up and down once more before mimicking his noble posture, smiling at the gang of wolves and staying put, not at all moving, and showing them she had zero intention of doing so.

KillxLucky

Name: Nuka
Company: Jag, Kiza

The growing interest in understanding the dark trait was spreading within the pack. Newfound curiosity in the subject grew with a rapid agenda. Nuka took pride in knowing that fellow packmates were just as interested as he was. Of course, according to himself, he was the most knowledgeable in the subject but there were still unknown aspects of the dark trait. It had plenty more to offer and they were just beginning to scratch the surface. Nuka knew more about where the disease had come from but he was not so keen on how it effected each and every wolf. Did each wolf go through similar changes at various stages? Did it hit certain wolves at adulthood and others at puphood? Were males more likely to be affect than females? Nuka had his guesses to many of these questions, but perhaps now that Zuya gave him and the pack the go-ahead to continue Elder's Moon they would be able to solve some of these mysteries together.

The mention of Reynu by Jag caused Nuka to shake his head solemnly. “May your father find everlasting peace, Jaguar.” The senile old brute continued to utilize the name "Jaguar" because he truly believed that was what "Jag" was short for. Jag hadn't ever corrected him on the matter. Or did he? He couldn't remember. “Alpha Reynu was a cautious brute but to exile those who lived with the dark trait was a mistake. Those wolves and the darkness, itself, may come back with a vengeance against the pack.” Nuka listened to what Jag had to say about the dark trait and he couldn't help but smile. “You've always been one who's willing to lend a paw.” He blinked slow at the wolf behind him. “Now would be the perfect opportunity for you to do so. At Elder's Moon, we'll all be able to do what we can to help these wolves, not.. control them.” Little did Nuka know, that was exactly on Zuya's agenda; to control these ruthless wolves and have them completely and utterly devoted to him. “I will answer all of your questions to the best of my ability tonight.” Nuka reassured him.

It wasn't long before Kiza joined the pair. He nodded in recognition to his friend, smiling at her request. “The scary stories are the ones they beg to hear.” He told her with a chuckle. “Even so, my intentions aren't to scare the fur off of the pups.” He gave her a wink and a wag of his tail. “The tales passed down about the land we currently inhabit and visit throughout or travels are important if we want to understand the darkness.” Nuka stared off to the west, watching the sun move in the sky for a moment. “Food and herbs here is becoming scarce. Soon, we'll have to leave this territory and find a new place to inhabit for a short while. But we must be cautious of the lands we plan to tread on. The further we go, the more powerful the darkness will become.” Nuka's gaze shifted back to the pair before him. “We must be ready for what's to come.”

“”
O/o thread here.

SweetPotatoPie

Bhaltair

Bhaltair’s heart went out to vitani. He wondered how frustrated she must feel when she has to sit and accept things the way they are no matter how much she may disagree with Zuya. She was meant for better things than to just be a follower. She was meant to be the leader, he was sure of it. One day, he believed, she would get her chance to shine. His eyes narrowed in on her at the statement “When I’m Alpha”. Was she plotting something after all? He would have to speak with Zuya soon and begin training with Jag. When the time came that she needed his help, he didn’t want to be useless. Sure, it was just hunting, but it was something more. Something better than just his siblings giving him pointers.

Vitani called him out by name, bringing him to attention. The thoughtful, far away look in his eyes cleared up as he gave his attention to her. He was a bit confused on the situation, but the urgency in her words made him concerned and made him nervous about the upcoming events. When she began to move, he subtly lunged towards her, prepared to support her, but she was fine. She seemed stable, though he eyed her injury with suspicion.

We have to stop anyone we can from going. She whispered to him. He nodded, but was doubtful. “That’s a bit of a tall order.” He warned with a light hearted chuckle, “But, I will do my best.” He promised, and he meant it. He stood tall, a feeling close to happiness filling his heart from being able to be helpful.

She nudged him then, commanding his attention once more. He attentively listened, always the good listener. She asked him a favor and while curious with why she felt the need to leave the healer’s den to speak with Slash,  he felt it wasn’t his place to ask or his business to know. Her stumbling over singling out Mute was lost on him, at least for now, too focused on the task of convincing a wolf not to attend such an event like this one. Curiosity alone would attract the wolves. Before he left, he turned to look at her straight on, trying to pin her with his gaze. “I will do this, but do me a favor and be careful.” He looked pointedly down at her paw. I don’t want to see you hurt.” Although, she already was so he tacked on, “Any more than you already are anyways.” He leaned forward and nudged the spot under her jaw playfully with his snout. “Good luck, Vianti.”

He turned and took an easy walking pace away. He was in a hurry, but he didn’t need to show it. He briefly lifted his nose to the air, catching mostly Jadene’s most recent scent and traces of Mute’s on the wind. He followed it to the edges of the densite. Most wolves here had their own den dug out around the main den area and Mute was no exception. He just hoped he wasn’t intruding on anything. He spied the two very quickly, and took his time strolling over. He paused for a moment when four wolves approached from the other side. He stopped and observed Jadene get up and place herself between them and Mute. His ears twitched forward, trying to catch the conversation. The female’s, Hannerabi’s, solidified his choice on what he was going to do. He would not be a bystander if a fight broke out. Ideally, he would want to diffuse the situation, he didn’t want his fellow pack members hurt or fighting. That in itself was hard these days with everyone being applauded for being a bully.

Bhaltair casually strolled up, allowing himself to be full height. Sometimes he found himself slouching so as not to seem as big, but in situations like these he liked to roll back his shoulder and puff himself out to seem pretty intimidating. To outsiders, many would find it intimidating but these were wolves from the pack and they knew he wasn’t a fighter. Still, a large body falling into a wolf no matter the experience is still troublesome.

“Is everything alright here?” He questioned, observing the wolf group. “If you must see an Inyanga, we do have a den for them where you can be seen. There’s no need to overwhelm one” He coolly, his voice carrying. If it’s information you seek,” He began, remembering one of them had said something about that. “Usually the higher ranks are well informed of recent events and I’m sure you could ask any of them.” He wasn’t really sure about that, or even what sort of information they would get upon asking, but he was determined to deter them even if just a bit. 

Loremaster Kenchi

)+( Mute )+(
The Furtive Spook
Theme:...

EDITTED ON 7/28/2019

"I cannot help but wonder what Mute keeps in his den."
"What den? You mean 'burrow?'"
"Ha! More like dirt hole!"
"I bet he hides bodies in there"
"Bodies? Of what? It's only big enough to fit him!"
"You don't know. There could be anything down there."
"He's an Inyanga, dimwit, there's only herbs down there. The same with any Ingyanga."

Mute was rather caught off guard Jadenewas so quick to naturally form a barrier between him and their new uninvited guests. He felt his heavy heart give a few thumps that rose in his throat. Why was she doing this for him? No way was her paw actually hurt; but she was foolhardy to try and dissuade Pecado's siblings. However, in the same notion, his heart sank like paws in the swamp. He felt awful for not being the one to protect her first. It wasn't fitting for a gentlebrute to let such a charming fae put themselves in harms way like this.
Jadenehad only bothered to talk to him today, but she was proving herself more and more the sweetheart.

"Bulls**t-" Hannorabi sneezed; scoffing at Jadene's attempt to stop her advances as she loomed closer. However the sound of her name being called by her older brother stopped her in her tracks.
"Hannarabi. Manners, please." he scolded sternly; earning a menacing growl from his sister. "Jadene, surely any other...more qualified~...Inyanga will do. We just need him to settle a private~ family matter. You understand." Mataro would communicate with an aristocratic air about him. However, his eyes only focused their steady glare when the huntress made herself clear that she wasn't interested. One of the flunkies made a comment about a "brat" causing the other to snicker. However, Bhaltair was soon on the scene. Help was here. And it was just the distraction Mute needed. Upon reaction, the two goons moved to block Bhaltair's chance at advancing forward. "That's close enough, butterball sitter. This has nothing to do with you." one of them growled.
It was here, Mute's lightbulb went off. And a gentle pawing against Jadene's back leg to get her attention was carried out to notify her of such. He had an idea. He gave her a sincere smile and a wink before turning around and crawling into his burrow. And this, Hannarabi didn't like at all. "Listen, Jadene! We aren't asking. And there are four of us and only two of you. I'm only going to tell BOTH OF you one time: GET. F***ING. LO-!?" Hannarabi's anger was becoming less and less contained as she marched right up to Jadenewhile puffing her chest up! She'd share her fiery glare with Bhaltair as her two underlings lowered their bodies and bared their teeth at him. A fight was imminent! When, suddenly, Mute's head popped back out of his burrow. A rather simple smile on his face, as his mouth openly chewed on some strange purple root. It was fat, and rather pasty in complexion. Hannarabi couldn't finish her sentence as her head turned to him to identify what the hell he was doing.

And that...was what the clever Inyanga wanted.

"No, you get lost." Mute thought affirmatively before spewing out this mix of purple saliva from his mouth into Hannarabi's eyes. The violet spittle coated her face, and gave her reason to pause. Well, only a moment's pause. It didn't take long before the intense burning sensation 'took root' per say, in her eyes. A rather unlady-like screech escaped from Hannarabi's eyes before she dug her face into the dirt and snow in a vain attempt to get it off. Out of confusion, one of the goons abandoned his position and approached too closely, and he too receives a face full of spit. And, same as Hannarabi, it only took a moment before he squealed like a stuffed piglet and ran into his teammate in a panic. It was here, Mute took a moment to lay the purple herb off to the side and give Jadene and Bhaltair a look of confidence. Meanwhile, Mataro in his bewilderment had to run up to Hannarabi and bumped sides with her to get her to lean on him. He'd direct the other goon to do the same for his partner to get a handle on him. "To the river, quickly!" he'd bark his order before giving the huntress, sitter, and Kiowa's spook an icy glare. "Very clever Inyanga; but you've only bought yourself some time. We'll be back to get what we want to know. That's a promise, Mute. And Bhaltair nor Jadene will be able to save you." Mataro would threaten as he and his group left to lick the wounds from their embarrassing defeat.
And though Mute knew Mataro was telling the truth; he was truly glad Jadene and Bhaltair didn't have to get hurt for his sake. He took a moment to sit upright next to the autumn coated huntress and pant with satisfaction. He'd give the cream colored sitter an apologetic look for what almost transpired. After a moment's thought, he'd glance back over to the "injured paw" she had raised earlier to buy him time. Thoughtfully, he'd give said paw two licks; kisses of appreciation performed in the same manner a mother would of her child's scrapped knee to make the pain go away.

Then he'd look up to her with a sheepish smile, his ears lowered. "There. Better?" Mute would add a questioning look to his smile; curious to see if the "treatment" for her "injured paw" was satisfactory. However, in addition, he wondered how he could ever thank her for all she had done today. And now he owed Bhaltair a favor too.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Act Justly
2. Love Mercy

Loremaster Kenchi

(-/-/-)Lavi (-/-/-)
The Twilight Messiah
Perimeter Sense: N/A

"Cursing both Sun and Moon, Twilight sent her one and only daughter to carry the sins of the world...

Theme: The Leviathan enters Kiowa Terriotory.

After admiring the aftermath of her spiritual movement, Lavi's smile receeded with satisfaction. Not to be mistaken with contempt. After all, this wasn't enough. No, it was never enough. Like the spiders of the bog, she always required more substanance for her web. Like the adders, pit vipers, and moccaisins she'd always need a greater source of food. Her heart was a black abyss that could never be filled. It was the result of fully giving in to the dark trait at a very young age. She had cannabalized her original self years ago. Unlike some wolves who turned their dark trait on and off as the situation demanded, or some that even fought against their dark trait relentlessly, Lavi fully gave in to hers. It was always activated. It was her second skin. It was her saving grace. It was her blessing to share with the world.

Yes. A blessing. A blessing to cleanse the entire world. Nothing less would satisfy her.

She turned her head to Kiowa, leaving the mound of fresh wolf corpses in the rocky trench behind her. The last of the Myr would leave the Bojuka Bog without a pack for the first time in centeries. And as she walked she closed her eyes to appreciate the feeling of the eyes that were on her. The orb weaver spiders taught her how to spin a web; a binding that held the thoughts and desires of her followers to her. Their hopes and dreams became entangled in the beautiful tapestry that she weaved. The pit viper taught her poise and striking precision: how to hold oneself in the face of opposition and ally alike. Not to bother exhausting oneself over lost causes. It was important to conserve one's strength till the killing blow was needed. And a killing blow only. The nightshade flower and it's delicious scent and poison: beautiful to behold and to cherish to the folly of all who underestimated it. It was a flower that taught Lavi she was beautiful. Not her suitors, not her parents, and not her fellow fae. Her beauty was one of royalty and majesty. And she walked like she knew it. Her swagger was serpent-like, but her chest and chin were held high with regal poise.
One either side, she could feel the trees bowing to her as she walked towards the edge of the bog. The echoes from the voices of her fallen worshipers hung feintly in her ears. They spurned her forward. Kiowa had sinners that needed saving. They needed respite. They needed...poison, yes. They absolutely needed to join their neighbors now rotting in the pit. It would likely take a year or two, mostly depending on whatever their Alpha was like, but rest assured a repeat of what just happened was doomed to reoccur.

Lavi wasn't so much a mad prophet as she was a mental force of nature; a walking inspiration of spiritual madness. Her ways of deceit and lulling dulling of the senses were honed and well practiced. Her intellegence had never failed her. Kiowa would rot. Not out of pity or hatred, no. It was all for her sake. She'd save them all...from themselves. By having them butcher themselves in mass.

...and indeed a Messiah was sent, a great Leviathan, to cannibalize life into death. Amen.
1. Act Justly
2. Love Mercy

finalwolf

Jag the Hunter

With: Nuka, Kiza
Feeling: Content
Where: Main Den Site

Again, Jaguar, a name that Nuka often called Jag. A name he didn't quite mind though, as it was only Nuka who called him that. As a young pup he had corrected Nuka a few times, but then it just didn't bother him. It grew on him and figured it was Nuka's nickname for him.

Jag nodded his head with a slight smile as Nuka spoke about his father having everlasting peace. He hoped his father had found that peace, but wondered if he truly had. Often wondering if Reynu was proud of Jag and Vitani, and if they where doing him right. He listened to Nuka speak. Saying that it was a mistake to exile those with the trait, and that in time those that had been exiled may one day return for vengeance. That would be a fight he'd rather not see. Something now, he wondered if they should carefully think about to try to bridge over any sour feelings.

His ears perked up when Nuka spoke about him always willing to lend a paw. That now would be a good opportunity. "Yea, I'll do what I can to help out." He would have to make sure he was close to Nuka to hear his answers tonight.

His attention shifted when he saw Kiza join them. "Hey Kiza." He smiled as she had then mentioned something about scary stories and then Nuka replying to her. Everyone loved scary stories, but this wasn't that, at least not what he felt nor wanted. He wanted answers. He was curious to hear about the tales about the land. While Nuka continued to speak, he knew he was right about them having to search for new land sooner than later. Hunting wasn't as easy as it once was. No, hunting was still fine, it was tracking that was the problem. Often times they had to go further out to hunt, which meant they had a longer walk back with the kill. Which dragging kills back was a pain in the behind. It took extra work, and lots of strength that they had already used to bring down the beasts. Though would Zuya listen to any of them about moving on for a while?

Then, it was one of the last things Nuka said that concerned him, the further they went, the stronger the darkness. What would happen to those already affected by it? Would more of them surcome to it? Would he end up losing to it? He was a fighter through and through, but he still worried. "We have to make sure everyone is ready for what is to come. What worries me though, is how much will my uncle believe, or willing to do?" They looked to Zuya to keep them safe, but how could he keep them safe if he didn't know much about the darkness? Zuya encouraged the darkness, and if he wasn't careful the entire pack would one day be enveloped in pure darkness. That's why Jag wanted to find a way to help those who had it, so they didn't lose themselves. Nor would they be letting others feed their darkness either. To still be them.

OOC
So sorry I haven't posted in months. I feel like an ass >< But I promise I'll get back into the normal swing of things!
BIC

finalwolf

Slash the Warrior

With: Himself
Mood: Tired, alert

Slash had curled up in his den and slept the past few hours. While the herbs helped him pass out easily, they didn't keep the dreams away. In his dream, he had been with Vitani, scouting about the territory. Making sure everything was safe, no danger. Flirting with her even, and her flirting back, it was nice. He was happy, truly happy, but when they returned to the den site, things weren't quite right. There was the scent of blood all over. The landscape in the dream shifted to that of what was at a cave. Fear struck Slash, panic, anger. He looked around for Vitani but she was gone.

Slash ran throughout the cave and he swore he could hear a silent laugh. As fast as he was running he stopped just as suddenly. Vitani, Tsuki, and Sasha ahead of him, in the same warped, demonic, way that Pecado had been in. "No!" He shouted outside of his dream even. He turned his head to see Mute, his fur completely stained with red. He did this, he did all of this. He took away those he cared about. He took everything, all because he was trusting Mute to never do this again. It was his own fault that this happened. He didn't protect the entirety of the pack, he made the wrong call. "I'll kill you!" Slash shouted both in dream and in the real world.

Just as he was about to attack Mute, he awoke, sitting up right, panting heavy, his heart racing. He was looking around his den, though not even that felt right. He felt like he couldn't breathe, it was too small, it was too cave like at that moment. He stood to his feet and quickly climbed out of his den. He looked around, his ears twitching as he could see and hear the pack. Still, it brought little comfort to him. Where was Vitani? Tsuki? Sasha? Where they safe? What about Mute? What was he doing?

finalwolf

Tsuki the healer

With: Mute, Jadene, Bhaltair
Mood: Unsure

Tsuki had spent quite a bit of the day with her alpha. She questioned it, now that she was away from him. Why was she wanting to be by him? She never had before, never had an interest, but the way he made her feel while she was by him, she didn't want to let go. Part of it, was how she felt 'normal' to a degree. She hadn't heard Ryka much, or seen her, while she was with him, and she liked that. What she didn't like now is how much she felt like she was in a fog. Her head was beginning to hurt. For the moment, what she wouldn't give to have that secure feeling that Zuya had given her. He had left though, and she had work to do.

She had to check up on Mute and make sure he was good, plus she wanted to see if he was well enough to perhaps go for that walk. Maybe she should tell him about Ryka. Though, she wasn't around for the moment.

Tsuki hurried up over to where Mute was. As she got closer, she took notice of Bhaltair and Jadene there. Her ears lowered a little, she was hoping Mute would be alone for her to talk to him. Her ears didn't stay down for long, as she put on her typical happy face and walked over. She looked at Mute, "Sorry for being gone for so long. Our alpha and I had a fair bit to talk about. Everything's fine though." She smiled though tilted her head. She had picked up the scents of other wolves here not too long ago. "Is everything all right?" She looked at all three of them.

Loremaster Kenchi

)+( Mute )+(
The Furtive Spook
Company: Jadene, Bhaltair, and Tsuki.
Perimeter Sense: Vitani and Slash.
Theme:...

"Yeesh, Mataro looks p***ed."
"Hanarabi looks wrecked."
"And I look FAB-!"
"Shut the f**k up!"
"Oh shut the front cave!"
"Kekekeke, what? I thought it was funny."
"Clever Ingyanga, that one. I find it hard to believe he's starting to make friends. After all this time?"

Mute hadn't much time to give Jadene and Bhaltair the appropriate amount of thanks for their support; what with his sparkling beepers and wiggling tail. In fact, there was little doubt in his mind that he really owed these two a favor. It seemed Pecado's entire family shared the connection of his brutish temperament. And, well, even with the fresh concern of their return on his mind...he was glad he didn't have to face their wrath alone. Even if, by some recollection given by his guilt, he deserved it.
In truth, he definitely deserved so much worse...but for some reason, his newfound friends did not seem to agree.

Would it have been the same f they knew?...'
...no...not likely.

It was here, a familiar voice carried along the air. A gentle gale picked up throughout the Kiowa densite with the flush escapade fit for royalty. The golden glow once entrapped by fluffy sky-cotton began to slowly peek through it's captor. It's rays gushed through the cracks like fresh wine between old wine skins. And they kissed the faces of the canines below. They kissed Tsuki's face. And for Mute, it was more difficult to tell if her lovely voice caught his ears or if her arousing scent with some alien clash strung his nose to her first. However, her apology of niceties fell deaf to his ears half-way through the sentence. Her words quickly muddled. It was something like tangled vowels underneath the fall leaf brush. To be sure, he was confident that her voice was still comforting in some manner. But his nose couldn't ignore that previous alien clash that became all-too familiar once his romantic daze ended.
His sense of smell drowned out his ear for a moment. Nothing less than what could be labeled "Zuya's stink" pelted his snout as Tsuki resumed talking to him. It caused Mute to flinch for a moment. Something about this newfound fact caused his heart to ache. It took a moment, but Mute collected his barings in time for his fellow Ingyanga to ask him if all was well.
Really, it wasn't. But there was no way Mute could communicate that to her...not in the way he wanted to.

He did his best to smile back at her. In fact, he wanted to smile at her the way a husband would greet his beloved wife after a long journey from home. But he fell short. His amber orbs stung, so his maw picked up the slack by overcompensating with a cheery smile. Only the tip of his fluffy tail managed to wiggle for her. "H-hello Tsuki." He'd poise his stance in greeting for the newest arrival in the group. However, to be truthful, how was he going to tell her that Pecado's siblings were now out for blood. Mataro was much more intelligent and unfeeling that his late brother. But Hannarabi was certainly more prone to fits of rage and bullheadedness. Both vowed to return...as for when, who was to say? Today? Tomorrow?
1. Act Justly
2. Love Mercy