News:

Main Menu

Star Wars sequels

Started by HailLucifer, January 21, 2019, 01:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRose

O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

pandorarose3

I can see Kylo Ren/Ben Solo being redeemed in this movie if he is willing to finally remove the 'Kylo Ren costume' fully from himself.  Because if you noticed in TFA and up until he is stripped down in TLJ Rey saw him as Kylo Ren.  But when she saw him without his cowl, helmet, and gloves she finally really faced to face with Ben Solo.  When he offered his hand in the hut scene he removed his glove and offered his hand as Ben Solo, probably unintentionally, but still did that.

Rey saw Ben Solo until he offered her everything including himself, but he had the Kylo Ren persona on him at that point.  He had pulled Kylo Ren back on fully.  Because if you noticed they really did focus on his hands.

In the hut removing the glove and showing his bare hand, in the throne room showing the offered gloved hand.  It was Ryan's way of saying one is Ben the other is Kylo.

SO if JJ continued with that thinking we might just get him stripped down again and back in Ben Solo's mind instead of Kylo Ren's.
I have published a book, however, I still need help funding it as it is self-published.  So if you can please donate on my Patreon for some great rewards, photo's of them to be posted soon.

https://www.patreon.com/AmyShowers
http://www.deadlyconflicts.com/

TheGlyphstone

If Kylo does get redeemed, I'm 100.345% certain it will be shortly before his death. They've drawn the parallels between him and Vader too strongly, both in and out of universe - Anakin Skywalker redeemed himself and died in the process, Ben Solo will do the same.

RedRose

Unsure. He's young and it's Disney more than SW
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]

TheGlyphstone

The Mouse didn't shy away from having a saber blade rammed through Han Solo's gut. So I wouldn't rule out the death of a main character like that, especially with JJ's fetish of retreading ground. Plus...he murdered his dad in cold blood. Disney is still big on wholesome morals, that sort of thing needs to be answered.

RedRose

Oh yes he's going to suffer if he wants redemption. You might be right about killing him though they don't want to lose too many fans LOL. Han Solo, well, he was passé (runs). Not holding my breath for what I would really like to see (grey Rey/coming to terms with liking both Ben and Ren).

pandorarose3

No Daisy actually stated that for redemption it has to be Ben Solo.  Also, I know all of the fans are still pissed about the death of Hans Solo BUT we have to remember that Harrison Ford back during the second movie said that he wanted Hans Solo to die then.  Then when he came back for the sequel trilogy it was under the condition that the character finally gets to die.  To have Kylo Ren kill him pushed Kylo closer to the dark side.
I have published a book, however, I still need help funding it as it is self-published.  So if you can please donate on my Patreon for some great rewards, photo's of them to be posted soon.

https://www.patreon.com/AmyShowers
http://www.deadlyconflicts.com/

TheGlyphstone

I had mentioned Han, but let's also remember that in TLJ his pitch to Rey is basically "You are nothing, but working with me you could be something. Want to join forces and rule the galaxy? We can watch my gunners blow up your friends in their escape shuttles while you decide."

I think his death is all but assured, he's done too much bad over the previous two movies to walk away alive. I think it's possible he could earn Redemption Through Death first and die as Ben Solo instead of Kylo Ren, much as his grandfather died as Anakin Skywalker instead of Darth Vader.

RedRose

Please let it not be cheesy, silly and lovey Dovey.