Parallel

Started by Sugarman (hal), February 06, 2009, 06:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sugarman (hal)

A game idea….

Parallel

Parallel realms connected by “Gate Points.” These points are the only places a character can exchange information or meet their double other. They are unable to go past their realm into the connected realm.  Neither side knows of the other and chances of being together with (each double character) is a astronomical. but it happens.

The story would start just at this place of joined worlds. I invasion two or three players who would play two characters each (their selves and their double). Each realm would be a thread and pose a challenge to solve. These challenges could relate to fixing something in their realm to aid it’s opposite realm.

Brainstorming this idea is really open… lay into it.

"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Silver

So two worlds with two versions of a person's self correct?

I like the idea but is there more to this? I mean other than the challenge of fixing something so that both worlds are 'correct' so to speak once more.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Sugarman (hal)

Quote from: Silver on February 07, 2009, 03:39:34 PM
So two worlds with two versions of a person's self correct?

I like the idea but is there more to this? I mean other than the challenge of fixing something so that both worlds are 'correct' so to speak once more.

yes to your first part. The idea in my mind is to create two characters similar but slightly deference, having character flaws. Each would also have character pluses. They would learn from each other as they go about solving the challenge.

As for the challenge,I am thinking it is to find certain elements that would stabilize the decaying  gate points. If they decay to far the realms would fold into the other and cease to be.

The challenge can be developed as we go.   
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Silver

Quote from: Sugarman (hal) on February 07, 2009, 04:39:33 PM
yes to your first part. The idea in my mind is to create two characters similar but slightly deference, having character flaws. Each would also have character pluses. They would learn from each other as they go about solving the challenge.

As for the challenge,I am thinking it is to find certain elements that would stabilize the decaying  gate points. If they decay to far the realms would fold into the other and cease to be.

The challenge can be developed as we go.   

That's a very good base which you have Sir.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

OldSchoolGamer

This would be rather conducive to alternate historical fiction, too.

Consider this rather provocative book:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion%27s_Blood