Valentines

Started by Sultrynets, February 06, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sultrynets

So, as a result of a rant thread about not having a Valentine... Aysleen gave me a great idea which I plan on putting into action.

Here is the basic gist:
I do not have a valentine this year and it is a bit of a bummer.  So, Aysleen suggested that perhaps someone should start up a thread to have people get someone on E as a Valentine and find some way of celebrating online together.

Anyone who pairs up as Valentines can discuss their own way of celebrating online.  I am not quite sure how to organize this... but I was thinking that maybe anyone who is interested in finding someone on E to celebrate with could post here.  I will check this thread frequently and maybe send out PMs to people to suggest pairings?  From there if you are okay with being Valentines... you can decide how to celebrate together.

Oh, and one more thing... if you are interested in this when you post please say whether you would prefer your valentine to be Male or Female.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td][/tr][/table]

Pixilicious

I'm game, babe...Either male or female for me...You know this! ;)
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

WyldRanger

What the heck, why not? Female for me, thanks :)

x3yugimutoux3

i'd like a valentine this year! male or female's fine! ^^
;D Yuugi-chan ;D (discord is Princess_Vegeta #1438)

Ons and Offs
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should." -Acheron Parthenopaeus
"Just because you had it bad, doesn't mean I had it good." -Styxx of Didymos
"We aren't the damned, folks. We're the categorically fucked." -Urian, son of Strykerius

Greenthorn

I wanna be someone's Valentine!!  *laughs*  But...I have someone in mind.... :-X

Phobetor

Ooh I'm game! For male or Female!

(One draw back...I might be babysitting my nieces so I won't be online all day on V-Day. But I will be on at night!)
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Prefect Mos

Male Number 2 Reporting, Im game... I would prefer female, but either way is good. 

Nanoki

I wouldn't mind, female please.
Ons and Offs/<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=27907.0">A&A</a>/Wants

“History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever.”

scottw72

I wouldn't mind taking part but I'd like my valentine to be female please.

Clio

*raises hand*

Pick me!

Male preferably, but either is fine.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Tonalberry

This sounds like a good idea, but I'm working all day on Valentine's.  :'( So no Valentine's Day fun for me.

Prefect Mos

I might also be at work for part of it.. but we can figure something out... so hows the linking up going to happen.. do we do it on our own or will we be paired at random? This idea might be dumb.. and i can see the GIANT problems with it.. but maby link together geographicaly where possible? 

Sultrynets

Not sure that I can link up geographically... lol.  Basically, what I was thinking about doing was waiting a couple days to see how many sign up and based on a person's On/Offs, I would then send a PM to two people that I think might be a good match.  I am sure that there are some flaws in my plan... but I was hoping that once I sent a PM to two people, they could talk it over via PMing each other and figure out some way to celebrate together. 
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td][/tr][/table]

Clio

I like that idea. The O.O one I mean...

Prefect Mos

*gets into drag, and from the roof.. with a fiddle*

Matchmaker, Matchmaker,
Make me a match,
Find me a find,
catch me a catch
Matchmaker, Matchmaker
Look through your book,
And make me a perfect match

Matchmaker, Matchmaker,
I'll bring the veil,
You bring the groom,
Slender and pale.
Bring me a ring for I'm longing to be,
The envy of all I see.

For Papa,
Make him a scholar

For mama,
Make him rich as a king.

For me, well,
I wouldn't holler
If he were as handsome as anything.

Make me a match,
Find me a find,
Catch me a catch,
Night after night in the dark I'm alone
So find me match,
Of my own.

Hodel, oh Hodel,
Have I made a match for you!
He's handsome, he's young!
Alright, he's 62.
But he's a nice man, a good catch, true?
True.

I promise you'll be happy,
And even if you're not,
There's more to life than that---
Don't ask me what.

Chava, I found him.
Won't you be a lucky bride!
He's handsome, he's tall,
That is from side to side.
But he's a nice man, a good catch, right?
Right.

You heard he has a temper.
He'll beat you every night,
But only when he's sober,
So you'll alright.

Did you think you'd get a prince?
Well I do the best I can.
With no dowry, no money, no family background
Be glad you got a man

Matchmaker, Matchmaker,
You know that I'm
Still very young.
Please, take your time.

Up to this minute,
I misunderstood
That I could get stuck for good.

Dear Yenta,
See that he's gentle
Remember,
You were also a bride.
It's not that
I'm sentimental

It's just that I'm terrified!

Matchmaker, Matchmaker,
Plan me no plans
I'm in no rush
Maybe I've learned
Playing with matches
A girl can get burned
So,
Bring me no ring
Groom me no groom
Find me no find
Catch me no catch
Unless he's a matchless match.

Clio

Aww....fiddler on the roof always melts my heart.

Aysleen

Quote from: Tonalberry on February 07, 2009, 09:59:22 PM
This sounds like a good idea, but I'm working all day on Valentine's.  :'( So no Valentine's Day fun for me.

It would seem to me that you can still participate if you really want, and do so on the Friday before, or Sunday after...just like irl :) 
Just a thought ;)
Ons and Offs
* I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.
*We're all mad here.
* If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is,
because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
*Curiouser and curiouser.

The American Patriot

i would adore a female sent my way if possible. :)
"Do you have any idea how we are talking about here? We are talking about the 'Butcher of Keiv'... The 'Cakemaker of Keiv' could kick all of our asses, and we are talking about the 'BUTCHER of Kevi'... Does that tell you anything?"

Story of the Accident... https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29000.0

Tonalberry

Well, if there's a female who doesn't mind starting it up on Friday, since I'm off that day, then I guess I'd like to join up.

Drako

I'm game. male preferably. I'm working for about five hours on V day but I can work around that.

cattycutie

Oohhh, yes please.

Male, if there's one spare.

Maybe Patriot? *Flutters eyelashes*
Beth's kinks

Hold me, I'm a fermata!

cauthon85

I would love to but being deployed to the middle east never know when I am gonna be on lol but you know if someone willing to try female for me :)

Hunter

I'm definitely a guy.   ;)

Lady Annabelle

Since it falls on a Saturday, I may not be on as much as I usually am, but I would love to make somebody's day a little brighter considering I'm not going to have one either.

So, I'll help as much as I can.

And male please.   :)
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Hunter

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on February 08, 2009, 12:40:38 PM
Since it falls on a Saturday, I may not be on as much as I usually am, but I would love to make somebody's day a little brighter considering I'm not going to have one either.

So, I'll help as much as I can.

And male please.   :)

*whispers into her ear that he'd like her to be his valentine*