You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

June 17, 2021, 07:36:19 pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Giantslayer (Pathfinder, LGBTQ+ friendly)  (Read 3068 times)

Offline TheKhanTopic starter

• Lord
  • Enchanted
  • What can change the nature of a man?
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Giantslayer (Pathfinder, LGBTQ+ friendly)
« on: December 02, 2018, 02:50:10 pm »
Fee! Fi! Foe! Fum!

Belkzen has long been held but the orcs, but something dark rumbles behind the scenes. Something massive. The orcs once called upon giant allies and now the giants are coming back, but this time, they are in command...

The Expectations

Regular Posting:
I’m not going to set a specific rate since shit happens, but please post regularly. An issue I’ve found with Pathfinder PbP is when people just want to post in combat, then don’t interact with other players outside of combat.

Please don’t do that.

This is a Pathfinder AP, so there will be plenty of combat (if the name GIANTSLAYER didn’t give it away), but there will be plenty of unique diplomatic encounters and strange allies. That roleplaying is a big draw for me, so I am perfectly fine with going extended periods without combat. Please make sure you are okay with that too.

Cooperative Play: Basically, don’t be a dick. Don’t troll other people or start fights. We are all here to have fun. Me having to play peacekeeper is anti-fun.

Open-Mindedness: This game is open to all orientations and genders. I’m a cis-het male, so I can’t promise I’ll get everything right, but I’m always open to talking and learning more. I just ask everyone to bring that open-mindedness.

Communication: Talk to me (and each other). Let me know what you’d like to see/experience. If there is something you’d like to see or is killing your buzz, let me know. If something uncomfortable comes up and you need the scene to end, please tell me.

Playing an Adventure Path: APs, by their very nature, are hard to play in PbP. People lose focus or interest, they forget what goals are, or they don’t get constant stimulation, even when they have the best of intentions. I’m going to try some things mitigate these problems, but please be sure you can deal with the long-haul. Also, while I and the AP will give you flexibility with how to deal with issues, recognize there are some expectations of story beats that need to occur. Please make sure you are okay with this and willing to work within the confines of the story as presented.

Read the Player’s Guide: Find it here. You certainly don’t need to memorize the thing, but it's not long and sets some important expectations for this campaign. Also, it has some excellent advice for character building.

The Rating
I’m going to say Bondage Exotic. While I don’t recall anything that explicitly this AP in either category, that gives us leeway with roleplaying and character races. Non-con and relations with anyone under 19 (or appearing to be under, or under racial equivalent) are entirely off limits for me under any circumstances. They will not appear in this game.

The Lore
Alignment: Any non-evil. Pathfinder is a game of heroes, and  With that said, Everyone in the group needs to be able to get along. Preachy good, lawful templar and chaotic jerk characters should be avoided.

Background: I don’t have too much to add here beyond what is in the Player’s Guide. Backgrounds don’t have to be huge, but please do try to build your campaign trait into it.

Personality: As I said above, your character needs to be trusting enough to work with others without trying to screw them over. Keeping a game cohesive on the boards is hard enough with characters getting sarcastic with one another.

Appearance: As you please, although a picture is required so that I can use it on maps, although it doesn’t have to be a perfect representation of your character.

Aspirations:
Please include three aspirations for your character, two short-term and one long-term. Note that these are your aspirations for the character, so they don’t have to be things the character wants to happen to themselves. Also, these aspirations should be story focused, but don’t have to connect to a larger metaplot. They are just useful barometers for me to try and keep everyone engaged.

Sexuality: The big focus on this game for is to play the game. For sex, I'm more interested in seeing realistic (or realistic as possible) relationships develop, rather than "everyone gets laid." It can and will come up, but it won't just be with a random NPC unless you specifically go looking for that. Of course, you are also free to imitate with each other if that is your desire.

The Crunch
Books: All Paizo. I'm sticking with that so I don't have to do any significant restructuring of the AP to account for 3rd Party content.
Starting Level: 1st
Classes: Any from the above sources.
Races: Any race of up to 15 RP is okay.
Ability scores: Standard 15 point buy. A common question I’ve gotten from PbP is if I will up it to 20 point buy. Often I cave in, but I won't be this time since the AP is calibrated for 15 points.
Hit Points: Full at first level.
Skills: By request, we will use the Background Skills varient.
Equipment: Average starting wealth by class (find it here, under 8) Getting Equipped) If you are using a lot of non-standard equipment, please give a brief description of the item’s unique properties.
Traits: Two traits at character creation, no more by any means. One of the traits needs to be a campaign trait from the Player’s Guide.
Experience: When I feel it is an appropriate time for you to level up, I will tell you to level up.

The Application
Players: 4
What You Need: A character sheet that’s at least 90% done, including picture, aspirations, and background. The latter does not need to be super extensive, however.
When you need it by: December 15th. If that doesn’t work though, talk to me and we may be able to work something out. I'd like to aim to have the final group chosen by December 16th.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 05:05:51 pm by TheKhan »

Online Chulanowa

• Like a well-loved book
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Giantslayer (Pathfinder, LGBTQ+ friendly)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 02:53:08 pm »
ALL OF MY YES

Offline Petrus02

• Pathfinder to Heaven and Hell
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • I love Elves.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 03:43:05 pm »
very interested. As a first tenative idea i'd roll out a cleric of Calistria. Healer, but no healing focus, rather a mix of battle and buff cleric.

Offline Waldham

• Lord
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 04:27:01 pm »
Interesting.

Offline Snake

• Deverified
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 04:53:48 pm »
I'd like to try my hand at this one.

Offline Thorne

• Lady
  • Enchanter
  • I'm your dream, I'm your lie ...
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 08:31:02 pm »
Interested.

I have a couple of fighters in the folders, one of which might be useful here. I'll take a look at the player's guide.

Offline GunmetalDreamer

• Lady
  • Enchanted
  • Center on the target, squeeze the trigger.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 06:12:26 am »
What the heck, I'll throw my hat in the ring.
Hagan Bancroft
Lvl 1 Human Slayer

History:  There was a time when Hagan was considered something of a  hellraiser.  One of the few children his age in a small farmstead dwelling in the shadows of the mountains, he was constantly roaming into places he didn't belong.  It was the only thing that saved his life the day the giants came down; hiding out far from the livestock he watched impotently as the massive humanoids tore farmhands trying to defend their livelihoods limb from limb, and chased down the ones who dared to run.

His sister, who'd been too sick to abandon the home at the time, survived as well, hiding within a closet.  Knowing that they wouldn't be so fortunate as to survive a second time if the giants returned, the two orphans gathered up anything of value that they could and started the long trip to Trunau, the largest settlement they could reach.  His sister's condition worsened on the road, pushing herself to march in the cold weather in her health, but they made it and were taken in by a priest of Erastil until a more permanent home could be found for the two of them.

Hagan, however, didn't remain in Trunau.  Haunted by the sights he'd seen, gripped by irrational guilt at having hidden and survived while friends fought and died, he became consumed by a desire to protect others from his own fate.  When he was fourteen, he left Trunau before, determined to find a Dwarven warrior who'd teach him the tactics the dwarves had used to push the giants from their mountains in ages past.

It's only in the last year that he returned, apparently having succeeded in his quest, and having earned a new fondness for alchohol along the way as well.

Personality:  Years after the event, Hagan is still weighed down by his survivor's guilt.  His younger sister, the last of his family, lives on in Trunau which prompts him to return regularly; he's even lent his steel to the militia in the past when things were looking dark. However, he's yet to settle in himself.  On some level, despite keeping the worship of Erastil, he believes he doesn't "deserve" to be part of a community.  So, he keeps roaming, helping where he can in search of some act that will quiet his self-recriminations and redeem him.

Attributes:  Str 16, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8
HP: 11 / 11  Armor Class:  19  Initiative:  +2  Speed:  20'  CMD:  17
Saving Throws:  Fort +3;  Ref +4;  Will +1
Class/Racial Feats:  Dodge
Chosen Feats:  Mobility
Skills:  Acrobatics +6 (+2 in Armor), Climb +7 (+3 in Armor), Know (Dungeoneering) +4, Know (Local) +4, Lore (Giants) +4, Perception +5, Stealth +6 (+2 in Armor), Survival +5
Traits:  Orphaned by Giants; Dwarf-Trained

Short Term Aspirations:  See the giants who raided his hometown dead; make sure his sister Maeve is taken care of (which might be trickier now that she's growing up herself, and turning heads).
Long Term Aspiration:  Shake off his past, retire, and start a family of his own.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 05:34:06 am by GunmetalDreamer »

Online Chulanowa

• Like a well-loved book
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 10:36:47 am »
I'm definitely feeling a dwarf of some flavor for this.

Online PhantomPistoleer

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 12:04:27 pm »
HALCYON THE CRAVEN
Human Unchained Rogue

Biography:  Halcyon was born and raised in Trunau.  Like all Trunauans, on his twelfth birthday, he received his late father's hopeknife.  His mother, a farmer who had run away to Trunau to escape a terrible past, taught him how to kill himself in the event of capture.  He made his vow to take a stand against the marauding orcs soon after, and to date, he has participated in a number of successful defenses, counter-raids, and caravans to Lastwall.  His ability to speak orc, his daring nature, and his prowess at mountain-climbing are always in demand by his fellow Trunauans.

Personality:  Halcyon has always been loyal to Trunau and its people.  Despite the constant stress of an impending siege, he is kind, humble, caring, and friendly.  To him, no trip through dangerous orc-infested lands is too dangerous if it's for the purpose of restoring a Trunauan's family their memories of their lost ones.  He is very proud of his home.  In battle, Halcyon is audacious and reckless.

Short Term Aspirations:  Continue to protect Trunau; Demonstrate reckless bravery in the face of adversity.
Long Term Aspiration:  Die an amazing death.

character sheet
Halcyon (The Craven) CR 1

CG Medium humanoid (Human)
Vexing Dodger (Rogue) 1
Init +4; Senses Perception +0

DEFENSE

AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 12 (+4 Dex, +2 Armor)
HP 10 (1d8+2)
Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +1

OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft.
Melee Hope Dagger +5 (1d4-1/19-20)
Ranged Hope Dagger +5 (1d4-1/19-20)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

STATISTICS

Str 8, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 10
Base Atk +0; CMB -1; CMD +3
Feats Dodge, Mobility
Skills Acrobatics 1 (+9), Climb 1 (+4), Disable Device 1 (+8), Escape Artist 1 (+8), Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 1 (+5), Knowledge (Local) 1 (+5), Sleight of Hand 1 (+8), Stealth 1 (+8), Swim 1 (+3), Use Magic Device 1 (+4).
Languages Common, Orc
SQ Finesse Training, Limb Jumping, Sneak Attack +1d6
Traits:  Trunau Native, Cliff Jumper

SPECIAL ABILITIES

FINESSE TRAINING
At 1st level, a rogue gains Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat. In addition, starting at 3rd level, she can select any one type of weapon that can be used with Weapon Finesse (such as rapiers or daggers). Once this choice is made, it cannot be changed. Whenever she makes a successful melee attack with the selected weapon, she adds her Dexterity modifier instead of her Strength modifier to the damage roll. If any effect would prevent the rogue from adding her Strength modifier to the damage roll, she does not add her Dexterity modifier. The rogue can select a second weapon at 11th level and a third at 19th level.

LIMB JUMPING
When adjacent to or in the space of a corporeal creature at least one size category larger than herself, a vexing dodger can climb that creature’s body with a successful Climb check against a DC equal to the target creature’s CMD. Although the vexing dodger is holding on to the creature, this action isn’t a grapple; it doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity from the creature, and neither the vexing dodger nor the creature she climbs gains the grappled condition. While the vexing dodger is on the climbed creature, the creature takes a penalty on attack rolls against the vexing dodger equal to the number of sneak attack dice the dodger possesses.

SNEAK ATTACK
If a rogue can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from her attack, she can strike a vital spot for extra damage.

The rogue’s attack deals extra damage anytime her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the rogue flanks her target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and increases by 1d6 every 2 rogue levels thereafter. Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet. This additional damage is precision damage and is not multiplied on a critical hit.

With a weapon that deals nonlethal damage (such as a sap, unarmed strike, or whip), a rogue can make a sneak attack that deals nonlethal damage instead of lethal damage. She cannot use a weapon that deals lethal damage to deal nonlethal damage in a sneak attack—not even with the usual –4 penalty.

The rogue must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. A rogue cannot sneak attack while striking a creature with total concealment.

GEAR

Hope Dagger (MW Dagger), Traveler's Outfit, Leather Armor, CLW Potion (x2), Rogue's Kit (w/o thieves' tools), 5 gold pieces.

Note:  The Craven has purchased 1/6 of a Rogue Talent.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 08:32:11 pm by PhantomPistoleer »

Offline GunmetalDreamer

• Lady
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 03:46:03 pm »
Ha.  I thought about making a Halfling Vexing Dodger (I don't play Halflings often), glad someone's using the Dragon's Dogma archetype.

Offline Snake

• Deverified
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 03:55:36 pm »
I'm thinking of a human switch hitter ranger.

Online PhantomPistoleer

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 04:22:15 pm »
Ha.  I thought about making a Halfling Vexing Dodger (I don't play Halflings often), glad someone's using the Dragon's Dogma archetype.

It’s a neat archetype, but my climbing isn’t optimized.

I wish you could take a feat to switch some STR skills to DEX skills or something.

Offline Snake

• Deverified
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 04:24:58 pm »
Dm fiat can let you if you can justify it usually. At least in games I've been in.

Online PhantomPistoleer

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2018, 04:28:18 pm »
Dm fiat can let you if you can justify it usually. At least in games I've been in.

Maybe, but I am happy with the build as it is.  I like to play disastrously underwhelming characters.

Offline Snake

• Deverified
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2018, 07:46:56 pm »
I neee to read up on the PHB for the so to complete my character. Any advice?

Offline Envious

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • I have turned off avatars and signatures.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2018, 10:44:34 pm »

Zuzu Arnathil
Lvl 1 Human Witch

Attributes:  Str 7, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 7
HP:   Armor Class:    Initiative:    Speed:    CMD
Saving Throws
Class/Racial Feats
Chosen Feats:
Skills
Traits

History: While she wasn't strictly kicked out of her home, she was greatly encouraged to leave by parents who found her to be a difficult and whimsy child. She refused to follow the family business of baking. She refused to settle down and marry although she had several decent offers. She refused to do anything conventional and common, preferring to spend her time amusing herself. Fed up with the lackadaisical attitude and refusal to do a good day of hard, but honest labor, they heavily suggested that she go out into the world to try and find her place in it.

Personality: Carefree and easygoing, Zuzu prefers to go the route of instant gratification, even if it isn't always the smartest path. She's not much of a planner and lives day by day. She has expensive tastes and enjoys the finer things in life, but lacks the business acumen and work ethic required to succeed. She much prefers to take things other people have acquired and sell that off for a profit. She loves the thrill of treasure hunting and often chooses to go on risky adventures in hopes of finding new artifacts, even if it means orcs, giants, and dragons are in her way! She's a bit of a coward and will try to avoid combat if necessary, but isn't above getting her hands dirty.

Short Term Aspirations:
Long Term Aspiration: Become obscenely rich and live a life of luxury.

"Cantrips"
Level 0 - Detect Magic
Detects all spells and magic items within 60 ft.

Level 0 - Guidance
+1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.

Level 0 - Arcane Mark
Inscribes a personal rune on an object or creature (visible or invisible).

"Hexes"
Level 1 - Misfortune
The witch can cause a creature within 30 feet to suffer grave misfortune for 1 round. Anytime the creature makes an ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, it must roll twice and take the worse result. A Will save negates this hex. At 8th level and 16th level, the duration of this hex is extended by 1 round. This hex affects all rolls the target must make while it lasts. Whether or not the save is successful, a creature cannot be the target of this hex again for 1 day.

Level 1 - Slumber
A witch can cause a creature within 30 feet to fall into a deep, magical sleep, as per the spell sleep. The creature receives a Will save to negate the effect. If the save fails, the creature falls asleep for a number of rounds equal to the witch’s level.

This hex can affect a creature of any HD. The creature will not wake due to noise or light, but others can rouse it with a standard action. This hex ends immediately if the creature takes damage. Whether or not the save is successful, a creature cannot be the target of this hex again for 1 day.

"Familiar and Patron"
Scarlet Spider
A spellcaster who selects a scarlet spider as a familiar gains a +3 bonus on Climb checks as long as the familiar remains within 1 mile of her; a scarlet spider familiar loses the mindless trait and has an Intelligence score appropriate for its master’s level.

Agility

Level 2 - Jump
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M (a grasshopper’s hind leg)

The subject gets a +10 enhancement bonus on Acrobatics checks made to attempt high jumps or long jumps. The enhancement bonus increases to +20 at caster level 5th, and to +30 (the maximum) at caster level 9th.

"List of Spells"
Agility: 2nd—jump, 4th—cat’s grace, 6th—haste, 8th—freedom of movement, 10th—polymorph, 12th—mass cat’s grace, 14th—ethereal jaunt, 16th—animal shapes, 18th—shapechange.

OR

Level 2 - Ventriloquism
You can make your voice (or any sound that you can normally make vocally) seem to issue from someplace else. You can speak in any language you know. With respect to such voices and sounds, anyone who hears the sound and rolls a successful save recognizes it as illusory (but still hears it).

"List of Spells"
Time: 2nd—ventriloquism, 4th—silence, 6th—haste, 8th—threefold aspect, 10th—teleport, 12th—disintegrate, 14th—expend, 16th—temporal stasis, 18th—time stop.

"Feats"
Extra Hex
You gain one additional hex. You must meet the prerequisites for this hex. If you are a shaman, it must be a hex granted by your spirit rather than one from a wandering spirit.

"Traits"
Artifact Hunter
You’ve always had an interest in magic, but you’re fascinated with those legendary magic items known as artifacts. You’ve spent years researching these mythical relics and committed the stories and legends about them to memory, making you something of an expert on the subject. You gain a 1 trait bonus on Spellcraft checks to identify the properties of magic items and a 1 trait bonus on Use Magic Device checks, and one of these skills (your choice) becomes a class skill for you. In addition, whenever you first encounter an artifact, there is a 50% chance (1% per level) that you recognize the artifact and know its name, origin, and something of that artifact’s powers, abilities, or dangers. Exactly how much knowledge you possess is left to the GM’s discretion.

Gravel Walker
Having grown up navigating rockslides and picking your way through partially collapsed tunnels, you are able to determine the most stable path across difficult terrain caused by rubble or other debris.

You can move normally through such obstructed spaces, and can run or charge though them with a successful Acrobatics check.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 04:02:34 pm by Envious »

Offline Thorne

• Lady
  • Enchanter
  • I'm your dream, I'm your lie ...
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2018, 01:07:01 am »

Eztli'eyal
Elf fighter 1

Biography: Eztli'eyal's father, Arnorian, trained his only son to follow in his footsteps. He was rigid, merciless, and hardly seemed to notice that the subject of his unrelenting focus was his own flesh and blood. Or, at least, so Noia - Eztli'eyal's mother - had claimed when she had handed him over. Arnorian had never fully believed it and never spoke of her in a good light. In fact, he never spoke of any woman in a good light, leaving a young Eztli with a grim impression of the fairer sex. That impression hasn't improved much as he matured; women flock around him like moths to a flame, few of them the sorts of women - hell, the sort of people - that a young elf should be keeping company with. Eztli'eyal has never heard a kind word from his father; not so much as an acknowledgement that he had done well; he has learned not to look for accolades, and largely, to depend on himself most of the time.
As a shield-fighter, Eztli'eyal is used to being on the front line, usually with somebody with a long spear or a bow behind him, or rarely, holding the line for some kind of fancy magic artillery.
He's passed through Trunau enough times to be familiar with the place; Arnorian has even had the occasional good word to describe the people - admittedly, most of those so described are long dead by now - but their tenacity and practicality has certainly left an impression on Eztli'eyal; he almost looks forward to the rare occasions that lead him through Trunau's gates.

Personality:  Cold, impersonal, and businesslike, at least at first meeting. He deals with companions with a little more warmth - he trusts his back to a fellow mercenary, most times - but definitely needs time to trust someone further than that.

Short Term Aspirations: Keep food in his belly, his gear in good repair, find a cohort he can trust to work with.
Long Term Aspiration: Find a nice, comfortable - not necessarily safe - place to retire in. Mebbe with a pretty girl to raise brats with.

Sheet
Eztli'eyal
TBA

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Jewel of her Soul -- Neko's Catnip -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination -- Blessed by Aeval
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 02:55:11 am »
  Only four players, right?  *sighes*  hope the lucky five have a great time.  :) 

Offline GunmetalDreamer

• Lady
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 05:07:24 am »
Now now, picks aren't until the 15th and submissions are pretty Martial heavy at the moment.  Isn't it a little soon to be giving up, Muse?

Offline TheKhanTopic starter

• Lord
  • Enchanted
  • What can change the nature of a man?
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 07:42:54 am »
Yeah, I'm not doing first-come-first serve.

Online PhantomPistoleer

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 09:13:50 am »
I neee to read up on the PHB for the so to complete my character. Any advice?

The Player's Guide has a lot of great suggestions.

Beast rider (cavalier); Goliath druid (druid); Infiltrator (ranger); Mountain druid (druid); Mountain witch (witch); Mouser (swashbuckler);
Titan fighter (fighter); Titan mauler (barbarian); Underfoot adept (halfling monk); and, Vexing dodger (rogue).

The main gripe a lot of players have towards this particular adventure path on the Paizo message boards is that the player's guide establishes an expectation that you will be fighting giants almost from the get go, so you're more likely than not to build a giant-slaying machine.  But you won't be fighting giants until later.  I think that since we're in this particular region, we'll be fighting a lot of orcs first.

Some races are really good at fighting both orcs and giants, like the dwarf.

Honestly, if I could still retain the appearance of a human, I would totally re-spec my submission with the dwarven racial traits instead of the human ones.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 12:50:41 pm by PhantomPistoleer »

Offline GunmetalDreamer

• Lady
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 01:24:49 pm »
Honestly, if I could still retain the appearance of a human, I would totally re-spec my submission with the dwarven racial traits instead of the human ones.

Dwarf Training Trait from the Player's Guide <_<

edit:  But, yes, given that Ogres are the weakest Giant I can name off the top of my head and they're CR3, I didn't expect them to come out swinging right from the word go.  If they get thick enough later though, laying the groundwork for an anti-giant build early is important (especially since Society play doesn't allow retraining, last I checked).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 01:27:56 pm by GunmetalDreamer »

Offline Snake

• Deverified
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2018, 01:38:43 pm »
I was going to work on an orc-slaying ranger cuz it makes sense with Trunau

Online PhantomPistoleer

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2018, 01:55:50 pm »
Dwarf Training Trait from the Player's Guide <_<

edit:  But, yes, given that Ogres are the weakest Giant I can name off the top of my head and they're CR3, I didn't expect them to come out swinging right from the word go.  If they get thick enough later though, laying the groundwork for an anti-giant build early is important (especially since Society play doesn't allow retraining, last I checked).

I was going to go with dwarf-trained, but I then noticed that you had it.  This would have been nothing, but you already chose the same feats I chose, too.

Offline GunmetalDreamer

• Lady
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2018, 02:30:35 pm »
Temple of Elemental Doom taught me that I hate giving free AoO's to Ogre's with +7 to hit because of their massive Strength.  I want Spring Attack.