How to use This Site?

Started by BigJohn, November 25, 2018, 03:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohn

I don't see any way to use this site at all! I even received a message that I cannot read my own messages. How were any of you able to read and post? Almost every click comes with a message that I don't have permission to do that! This is the second time I've mentioned this. The first time I received a message reply about where to find the rules. I've systematically read through and don't see anything about how to post, look at profiles and anything about how to begin role playing!

Vampdrake19

You need to go through the approval process, which requires answering the questionnaire.  Maybe that helps?
Unavailable for New Threads.  See links below if interested.  RP on Forums ONLY.
Bloodscale Manor (Updated with O/O's and Character Pods)
Thread Parlor
Times Away (A/A's)
Fair warning to those who are partners with me, recently or previously: posts will come slow, so patience is required.  Also: I don't reply to E-mails and I don't do Discord.  PMs are for discussions only.

Daeva

hi BigJohn,

Our introduction and approval process is an interactive one and requires your participation. Please click here to read the rules and then grab the questionnaire

You can post your introduction thread here - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=376.0

We look forward to getting to know you.
Absences Updated 6/15/22 Selectively Accepting New Stories
Ons and Offs & Current Story List | Desired RP's

Mirrah

Hello BigJohn,

Registered users cannot access the adult sections of the website unless they have been approved. To do that, you must go through the approval process, as Oniya, Daeva, and Vampdrake19 have suggested to you.

At the moment, you are only able to post to the left hand column, which you may only post PG-13 content to. There is also a PG-13 roleplay area where you can search for partners and write, if you are interested in starting right away.

I hope this has sufficiently addressed your questions and concerns. If not, or if you have any more you'd like answered, don't hesitate to post them either here or on your Introduction Thread.

Regards,
Mirrah

P.S. I checked, and there are no errors on your account settings that might stop you from posting in or checking out the PG-13 section. Please let us know here if this is not the case, and either myself or another member of Staff will look into it further.
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?

Oniya

In the thread I linked you to, you should have found this post:

Quote from: Blythe on March 21, 2017, 02:37:37 AM
What Needs to Happen for Approval

As some have been confused about our approval policy, here is everything spelled out more clearly:

• After you post your introduction, and have answered all of the questions in the questionnaire, the 'timer' starts.

• People will say hello, and if you ask for them, give you questions and/or writing prompts. You do not need to answer everyone to get approved, though being interactive during the process helps. Even if you don't want silly questions or writing prompts, you'll still need to answer questions from mentors and staff.

• You will not be approved until you at least say hello back to someone. This process is an interactive process.

• The approvals team consists of the mentors and Oracles (moderators). The Mentors will help you adjust to the community and give their recommendation to the Oracles about applicants. We judge friendliness, maturity, and etiquette, in roughly that order.

• If you are active, then you may be approved after a few days have elapsed from your first post. It can take longer depending on other factors, but active participation from you will help immensely.  If you were inactive or were previously ruled underaged but are not any longer, you should find your old introduction in the held archives.

The process is fairly fluid. If someone who joined after you gets approved before you do, it could mean any number of things:

• You have been logging on from the same location as another member. Our policy is one account per person, one person per account. If you have had an account here before but need help returning to it, you can e-mail a member of Staff to get that resolved. If you wish to simply change your display name, this can be changed by contacting a moderator; you do not need a new account to have a new username.

• They may have posted more, or posted more thoroughly, or you may have forgotten to answer some of our Required questions from the questionnaire.

• Sometimes a thread gets missed before it gets picked up by the approval staff. This is not much of a problem anymore, but it can happen.

• And, finally, there may be issues with you, yourself. The approval process is meant to ensure that you interact with and are noticed by our members. We want friendly, mature writers, here. : )
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17