You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

April 21, 2019, 05:35:42 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Macross and/or Voltron?  (Read 354 times)

Offline Tokyorose627Topic starter

Macross and/or Voltron?
« on: November 05, 2018, 07:57:39 PM »
I love the macross series, just good ol’ fashion mechanic fights and romance, with a hint of antics and the idea of plots and villains! Alines, humans, all kinds of races getting along while some sort of space battle is happening in the skies! Series like Macorss and Voltron get me excited to write in these settings, and I was curious if anyone else wanted something in these sort of universe?

Offline TFcommando

Re: Macross and/or Voltron?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 12:59:23 AM »
Macross lends itself easily to spin-offs that avoid precise canon questions, since so many civilian colony ships with a transforming battle fortress and variable fighters were sent out across space.  I'd love play in a system-backed mecha game, to be sure. 

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 10:30:51 PM »
Still thinking about this idea using these elements! Would anyone else be interested in a RP with some space elements and mecha battles, with maybe some romance and music in the mix? :3

Offline TFcommando

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 10:11:57 AM »
Totally!  The Voltron aspect of normal people swept up into space to pilot mecha could be fun to put in, all sorts of sexy aliens and cultures with different (and fewer!) taboos!

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 11:35:10 AM »
Yeah, I thought it could be fun! Not sure if people are interested in that sort of idea though, y'know?

Wouldn't even know where to start. XP

Online The Lovely Tsaritsa

• Сексуальная ИФОМ. Мышь Дашеньки. Грязная шлюшка.
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 10:32:53 AM »
I would love seeing this, a Voltron game, or a Robotech game, for Southern Cross. For me anyway, one with a pretty trap pilot character. ::)

Offline Florence

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 08:38:03 PM »
Robotech was one of my favorite shows and I still love it to this day, lol.

I've still never properly watched through all of the original Macross, but I'd absolutely love a game like this.

I'm a giant mecha fan in general, particularly stuff like Gundam and Macross, but also stuff like Battletech and Mechwarrior.

I always really loved the transforming aspect of Robotech/Macross's mechs. Something about being able to switch between a fighter jet and a humanoid mech in the middle of a fight like that always inspires such badass imagery.

Wish I could say I'd be up for running it, but if this game finds someone, I'm down to play.

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 09:43:08 PM »
Robotech was one of my favorite shows and I still love it to this day, lol.

I've still never properly watched through all of the original Macross, but I'd absolutely love a game like this.

I'm a giant mecha fan in general, particularly stuff like Gundam and Macross, but also stuff like Battletech and Mechwarrior.

I always really loved the transforming aspect of Robotech/Macross's mechs. Something about being able to switch between a fighter jet and a humanoid mech in the middle of a fight like that always inspires such badass imagery.

Wish I could say I'd be up for running it, but if this game finds someone, I'm down to play.

Well I would be running it, maybe? Depending on interest and if people would want something like this. D:

Offline Florence

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 11:35:37 PM »
Oh, well, I assumed because it was in the "Players Seeking GM/Groups" section that you weren't planning on running it, but I'd be down to play either way! So you can certainly count me interested.

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 12:12:59 AM »
Oh, well, I assumed because it was in the "Players Seeking GM/Groups" section that you weren't planning on running it, but I'd be down to play either way! So you can certainly count me interested.

Thanks! I'd wanted to see if others were interested, that's why I posted it.

Offline TFcommando

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 11:40:25 PM »
Thanks! I'd wanted to see if others were interested, that's why I posted it.

I'll go for broke... were you thinking of having a system-based game for this?  A Voltron-style combiner game would be tricky, given player attrition... if someone's slow, or drops out, you can't combine any more! 

That said, there was an interesting bit in the Gurren Lagann manga that wasn't in the anime.  The Lagann was able to combine with Yoko's M Tank mecha, turning it into a powerful sniper unit with a barrel several times the length of its body.

It'd be a challenge, but imagine a game where everyone has their own mecha and two can combine into something greater, reflecting the pilot on "top" in the fusion.  That'd have some salacious elements to it as well, though would require some work to figure out what any two people's mecha would look like and do.  And later in the series, threesomes!