News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Chef Extraordinaire!

Started by Blythe, October 25, 2018, 12:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Quote from: ArewynaChaos on November 09, 2018, 10:39:08 AM
I'd love to join in on this but I'm new and waiting for approval. I'm interested in the culinary arts and thought that this was a grand idea for a roleplay.

If I can join the story I'd play Amina Buckson a young British woman looking to further her skills in all things culinary. She is a connoisseur of the sweet and thinks that everything could use a bit of sugar. She tends to have trouble with the more savory items and wishes to learn all she can to correct this.   

Hi there and welcome! I have no objections to you joining; I am not sure about CuriousVagrant or kasumine, as I can't speak for them. Fill out a sheet like this so we can see a little more about Amina! (Feel free to make alterations to the sheet depending on what you think is or is not important about your character)

Name:
Orientation:
Birthplace:
Height:
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:
Culinary Strengths:
Culinary Weaknesses:

Personality:

Background:

Hobbies:

Nowherewoman

LOL so sort of Hell's Kitchen at Johnson and Wales?
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Levi

Hi bly

Is this still active

If not are you interested in starting again
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Blythe

It isn't still active but I am potentially interested in starting again, yes. :)

I had the character I was going to use here, and I had the start of an IC thread here! ^^

Levi

Quote from: Bly on June 22, 2019, 11:19:49 AM
It isn't still active but I am potentially interested in starting again, yes. :)

I had the character I was going to use here, and I had the start of an IC thread here! ^^

I've been looking for something like this! I would love to write it with you :)

I've read all the info you've provided. I think I can easily dive right into this. Litrally chomping at the bit :)

Blythe

Quote from: Levi on June 22, 2019, 12:17:58 PM
I've been looking for something like this! I would love to write it with you :)

I've read all the info you've provided. I think I can easily dive right into this. Litrally chomping at the bit :)

Yay! Looking forward to seeing your character and writing with you! ^^

Levi

Name: Genevieve Chevrolet
Orientation: openly romantic and very sexual. Eve only has one partner at a time and she loves them passionately, however like a souffle if she brings out of the oven to quickly the relation falls flat. Her souffle is now a masterpiece but she hadn't found a masterpiece relationship yet.
Birthplace: Buis les Baronnies, Rhône-Alpes, France
Height: 5"8
Weight: 12 stone
Hair: Deep red
Eyes: Green
Culinary Strengths: pastry, mini desserts
Culinary Weaknesses: presentation , soups

Personality: Flamboyant, fun loving, and flirtatious. Eve is fabulously french in every single way, she's loud and dramatic always smiling and laughing. Not one to hide secrets she tells things how they are which can get her into trouble. Easy on the eyes Eve will use her body to draw her romantic interest in once she's caught their attention she is extremely faithful and very overly attached. She has an extremely creative eye and is always coming up with designs however her plating up and final presentation always seems to get messed up.

Background: born in the small village of Buis Les Baronnies, she was brought up by her grandma who from an early age would wake her up at three to four o clock in the morning so they could go down to the pier as the fishermen arrived home to get the tastiest and freshest fish. Eve learnt how to appreciate simple ingredients and love spending time tasting, feeling and smelling the produce of the markets. Her grandmama had toned of ancient cook books that she had found in second hand book shops and once a week they would pick something out of it to cook together. Eve did exceptionally well in school and had originally decided not to attend college however just a few months ago tragedy struck.

Eve's grandma became ill very suddenly and her health rapidly plummeted, they discovered a non operational mass pressing down on Grandmama Nieve's brains and it was just a matter of time. Devistation Eve didn't know how to cope with the loss of her final family member but fate or in this case Nieve was looking down on her because her grandmama had applied for her only grandchild to go to a culinary school in America! Eve now dreams of making her grandmama proud.

Hobbies: dancing, reading old cook books, walking
[/quote]

Blythe

I really like Genevieve, she looks great, and her motivation to make her gran proud is a really lovely one!

I linked the old IC earlier--it just had a post from me, so unless you feel that I should change anything, I think that thread can still work & we can jump right into writing. ^^

Levi

Quote from: Bly on June 22, 2019, 02:09:23 PM
I really like Genevieve, she looks great, and her motivation to make her gran proud is a really lovely one!

I linked the old IC earlier--it just had a post from me, so unless you feel that I should change anything, I think that thread can still work & we can jump right into writing. ^^

*Jumping!*

Ivory Dawn

This sounds so cool and interesting! I’m still unapproved, but am interested.

If you’re still doing it, and don’t mind a new kid, I’d love to join!

Blythe

Quote from: Ivory Dawn on August 04, 2019, 04:53:45 PM
This sounds so cool and interesting! I’m still unapproved, but am interested.

If you’re still doing it, and don’t mind a new kid, I’d love to join!

I don't mind a new face, but I would need to see if the other player, Levi, is as well. :)

Levi

Quote from: Bly on August 06, 2019, 02:52:26 PM
I don't mind a new face, but I would need to see if the other player, Levi, is as well. :)

I've no problem with some else joining us :)

Blythe

Woot, cool! So Ivory Dawn, if you're still interested, fill this out!  :-)

Name:
Orientation:
Birthplace:
Height:
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:
Culinary Strengths:
Culinary Weaknesses:

Personality:

Background:

Hobbies:

Ivory Dawn

Totally still interested, and APPROVED! Yeah!

Just let me know if you want me to wait for anything particular to jump in :D

Name: Brooke Riardon
Orientation: Bisexual
Birthplace: Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England
Height: 168 cm
Weight: 75kg
Hair: Dark brown with auburn highlights
Eyes: Grey with a dark blue ring around the outside of the iris
Culinary Strengths: Fusion cuisine, savory breads and rolls
Culinary Weaknesses: Sweet baking, butchery (breaking down any critter, really)

Personality: Determined, polite, competitive. Not formal, but hates to be rude or crass to people - unless they're a jerk to her first. Patient, and genuinely interested in learning about other cultures/cuisines/people. Smiles easily, laughs rarely. Delights it making things that surprise people, and in ways that surprise them. She has a deft hand with any non-sweet bread or baked good, but add more sugar to the dough than what's needed to get the yeast going and things fall apart. It's Brooke's secret shame that her hometown has a cake (well, more a cross between a scone and a cookie) and she just. cannot. make. them.

Background: Brooke was raised in her family's chip shop, in the heart of Shrewsbury's market district, nestled between a quick-serve curry shop and a doner-and-shwarma place. The fast-moving, constantly changing food scene around her intrigued and inspired the girl to try making her own dishes. It wasn't too long before people were coming to whichever of the shops she was experimenting in to get the "Brooke Special". She learned bread technique from her gran, but just never could get the hang of pastry. She keeps trying, but it still hasn't worked out for her.

It also didn't take long before she realized that she would never, never, be able to butcher her own meats. She can cook a lamb shank five ways from Sunday, make succulent curry-breaded fried chicken, mesquite-smoke a harissa salmon that would make a grizzly bear weep, but deboning? Popping joints? Shucking an oyster? She's in the bathroom trying (and usually failing) to keep her breakfast down.

Hobbies: Cycling, reading, knitting, the occasional trashy reality show

Blythe

Brooke looks great to me! And congrats on your approval to E. :)

The RP mentions that the teams are meant to be teams of three, and mine and Levi's characters paired off without a third, so perhaps your character might have either arrived late and belatedly comes to make their team a proper triad for the cooking challenge or maybe she was hiding in the back all along and has to remind mine and Levi's chefs not to rush so quickly into teams and pay attention to everyone around them? ^^

Blythe

Just letting you know I've not forgotten this, Ivory Dawn--I figured that I'd best hold off posting again until Levi can jump back in. ^^

Ivory Dawn

No worries, I thought that was likely the case  :-)

Levi

Levi

Sorry for the delay. MC is staring to sound like fleur delicore!

Ivory Dawn

No problem! And lol, she's fine. I like the French accent!

Chi

AHHHGGGGG! I'm so jelly! I just saw this yesterday and was thinking this is totally up my alley as a mad scientist in the kitchen!!!!

I even had a Canadian/Irish/Italian fusion that I thought would be an awesome signature dish for me!

Veal Scaloppine Poutine with Bocconcini! (my mouth actually watered when I thought of it. Even her best friends in the kitchen being potatoes and EVOO! lmao

(I'm an Irish/Italian Canuck here, hence the fusion lol)
~~~ Language is my canvas, and words are my palette. Wanna finger paint?  ~~~