D&D 5e Exandrian Troubles (Looking for new players to D&D, help offered.)

Started by Vergil1989, October 22, 2018, 10:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil1989

Not bad Kath, you don't have any information about her actual family, but otherwise she looks pretty good now.  ;D  Also you misspelled Shepherd.  :P

Chul - Gill Button
WoL - Kerissen Val'Seth
Keys - No'Lien Vessar

You three are approved here and now since you've gotten your character sheets completed as far as I can see, and because you all have very interesting character concepts full of plot potential for whatever comes next.  Everyone else, you still have time to either finish your sheets, or to simply fine tune what you have thus far, so don't rush and don't stress out.

Having said that, those that are approved now, please move your characters over to the Roster and get in the OOC.  We need to start coming up with ideas on how the group comes together so I can better prepare the first post.  :P
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Kathyan

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 29, 2018, 06:14:19 PM
Not bad Kath, you don't have any information about her actual family, but otherwise she looks pretty good now.  ;D  Also you misspelled Shepherd.  :P

Fixed it :P I corrected several grammar and other kind of mistakes, must have pretty tired when initially posted her, but didn't noticed that one. Hope there are no more mistakes here or there. Also gave a quick look to Critical Role's lore.

I'll try to add more about her, family, goals, that kind of stuff, although I will be busy.

Vergil1989

No worries.  :D  As soon as you have everything filled out we'll see about getting you and Silk approved once she gets her own sheet in.  We might just have five sheets in if you two do alright, but as I said, take your time and we'll be open until Friday at the latest.  :D
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

DrFier

I'm still debating getting in on this, but since I'm not caught up on CR I'm not so sure I want to be playing in MM's sandbox when I don't feel I have learned it's details in the proper way.
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.

Vergil1989

You're not the only one who hasn't seen the show's first campaign, but if you'd rather not it's perfectly understandable Doc.  Still, if it'd help, we can offer whatever help you might need if you did decide to stick around.  Up to you though, and you have a couple days to decide in any event.  :D

Chulanowa

Quote from: DrFier on October 29, 2018, 09:42:44 PM
I'm still debating getting in on this, but since I'm not caught up on CR I'm not so sure I want to be playing in MM's sandbox when I don't feel I have learned it's details in the proper way.

I know exactly two things about CR:

1. I can't search for character images without having to plow through tons of CR fanart, and I actually find it super-annoying.
2. Jester is adorable.

So come on in!

DrFier

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 29, 2018, 10:18:28 PM
I know exactly two things about CR:

1. I can't search for character images without having to plow through tons of CR fanart, and I actually find it super-annoying.
2. Jester is adorable.

So come on in!

Right, but I'm actually watching the thing, so I'm not sure if I want to end up in a game where i'm going to find out what happened or not.  But then again, there's a lot to watch, and I don't know if I will ever even catch up.
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.

Vergil1989

While there will be and have already been spoilers, this is taking place fifty years after the first campaign, so other than some very big events, everything else won't really matter to everyone here.  And as you said, there IS a lot to go through, a hundred and fifteen episodes, (not including the one-shots and the special interview shows and the like which bumps that number up a fair bit), all of them about four hours long.  Even so, all you really need is access to the wiki and maybe a link to the campaign book, which is only a little over a hundred pages long, which I'm sure someone can provide a free link for if you don't go over to Drivethru RPG to get it yourself.  :D

Lol and yes, Jester is pretty cute, Nott is awesome, Fjord is cool, Yasha is a badass, Caleb is amazing, Mollymauk was epic, Cadecues is just as good, and Buea is a serious step up from Keyleth, and I loved most of Keyleth's story from the original.  ;D

Kathyan

Updated a bit more before I go out, since I'll be busy tonight rehearsing since I've got two dance shows tomorrow.

Vergil1989

Well, it'll either be Silk or Snake unless I allow a party of six, but you Kathyan are good to go.  :D  Fuck it, I'll allow six lol, but for the moment, you should get to the OOC and the character roster.

And guys, seriously, we need to start trying to figure out how everyone meets up assuming they haven't already.  Chances are at least some of you know each other, so partner off if you haven't already done so.  But I need to know for that first post soon, so do what you can to make arrangements and reach a general agreement on how you guys would prefer this to begin because otherwise I'm putting the lot of you in a tavern on the side of the road that turns out to be a giant mimic that'll promptly try to eat you all.

Silk

I should have a tentative character up within the next few hours. :)

Vergil1989

Heya guys and gals, hope everyone is having a good, safe, and fun Halloween tonight.  See ya tomorrow hopefully with everyone having gotten their sheets in and ready to go to town in some D&D nerdy goodness.  :P

Four down once Silk gets hers up, two to go guys and gals.  Once this fills up I'll be locking this page, so while I'm looking for people who haven't played all that much, it'll also depend on character viability as far as plot potential and such is concerned.  Tomorrow we're hopefully be starting either way, but if I don't have a full group, you're free to send me and Keys a sheet of this isn't open still.  See ya and hope you a :-\ll had a good Halloween yesterday.  ;D

Snake

Personal Information

Name: Kagura Orisatra
Race:  Half-Elf
Orientation/Sexuality: Non (no experience, so doesn't know)
General Description: Pretty much as you see in the pic, but what you can't see is that her sclera are black, and her eyes are a dark blue color that seems to swirl faintly with black energy. It's disconcerting to look at her straight on.  She carries herself with an implacable confidence, bordering on arrogance- though not insufferable.

Role Play Centered Information

Class: Sorcerer
Level: 3
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Character Sheet: Click for sheet
Additional Information: I'll pass this along in Pm or on discord! :3

History
Family: She has a human father (James Woodson) and an elven mother (named: Alyndra Orisatra)(though she hasn't seen her mom in years; so she's unsure if she's around or not. Kagura also has an older sister (Shirona Orisatra) that's a traveling merchant and is on friendly terms.
Hometown: She was born and raised on a frontier homestead; as such doesn't have a "hometown" in the direct meaning of it.
A little about personality: Generally pretty straight forward and seems to lack the knowledge of formal social etiquette. Kagura prefers a more direct, hands-...well off approach to handling problems; usually to blast it into submission with magic. Unapologetic about her activities believing them to be the right course of action. She comes off as rather brusque and rude to people with money and "civilized" personality types. She doesn't care if you've got wealth or social grace, you'll still go down just like everyone else with the proper application of magical force. Though Kagura also has nerves of steel it seems, facing down things that would frighten other people with just a shrug and a spell.
General Life Story: Kagura was born in a frontier homestead, and as such had limited interaction with travelers and while it was a comfortable lifestyle, it was very lonely at times. For the majority of her chlidhood; she had an older sister that absolute doted on her due to the lack of their mother. The mom had left early on in her life for reasons she didn't know and hasn't seen her in years. With her sister leaving to pursue a life of travelling mercantile possibilities; it just left her by herself with a dad that was often-times too busy for her and left her to own devices.

It was a small place with the closest town or village was Shadowdale; the supposed dale of heroes. That may be why there was traffic through the area that provided her family with a chance to do business. Every now and then  an adventurer or two would stop over to rest for a few days; which was one of the ways Kagura heard stories of what was going on in the larger world of Toril.

At some point; she received a gift from an uncle from her mother's side of the family and directions to use it after her 20th birthday. When she performed the ritual that involved a bit of her blood, a symbol drawn on the ground, a few raven feathers and performed in the dark of a new moon. What happened next, she doesn't remember she just remembers waking up in a strange world that didn't look anything like her home. At least at first; then she remembered hearing stories of a parallel world called Exandria, it was very similar but some key things were very different.

Silk

Personal Information

Name: Lenne Briarwood
Race:  Half-elf
Orientation/Sexuality: Bisexual-leaning straight
General Description: Lenne has more of an elvish look to her appearance than most half elves, sometimes even being able to pass as an elf to particularly unperceptive elves, not that she tries to. She is fair skinned with a hint of tanning that shows she travels. Besides that her build can only really be described as beautiful but modest. With no particular traits such as a large bust to make her stand out, she is just overall fairly attractive.

Class: Bard
Alignment: Neutral good
Character Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1738944
Additional Information: Lenne doesn't particularly make a point of throwing around her family name, unless otherwise told or (--hidden by plot--) assume you don't know her family line. if you've seen her around in Taverns or traveling, she is fairly reserved and hasn't been seen taking part in carnal pleasures.

History
Family: Briarwood
Hometown: Has no hometown to really return to, spends her life constantly traveling
A little about personality:Lenne is fairly kind hearted and is often seen trying to cheer people up when they appear down. Otherwise she is often seen being fairly reclusive and keeps to herself when she is not performing, often she blames this on trying to not let fame follow her so she can have privacy. She has a huge soft spot for underdogs and children however, sometimes even joining such individuals on their task to record their exploits into song. Due to being betrothed in the past Lenne doesn't tend to reciprocate any advances when she is sound of mind, not wishing to dishonor the memory of her husband, or the other Briarwood who didn't side with Vecna, she was to her knowledge the only survivor after all.

General Life Story: As the only child of Asgol Briarwood, a respected Paladin of the Briarwood family prior to the events preceding the awakening of  Vecna, and Ysena Ymmuri, a noble Elven songstress who had married into the Briarwoods after Asgol won her heart through a solitary dance under the moonlight of his estate on the outskirts of Whitestone.

Although Lenne saw little of her Father as he was often on the front lines due to Skirmishes breaking out with a concerning regularity with the De Rolo family who held Whitestone proper. Although it failed to escalate into anything further than the occasional bar fight and scowling faces across a field. It kept Asgol's attention enough that he was seldom able to spend time with his Daughter. As a result it often fell to Ysena and estate carers to tend to the needs of the young half-elf. Even at this age Lenne found the tight security and strict lessons arranged for her to be stifling, with exception of her singing lessons which she took like a fish to water. Unfortunately she found the subsequent lessons in sword arts and etiquette to be a place she found herself lacking, often her mother joked that she must've got her sword skills from her, and her etiquette from her father, which was a small consolation. Not wishing to let her mother down however Lenne spent extra time attempting to improve in these areas, if there was one thing that could get her motivated, it was in the pursuit of praise from her parents.

Life continued much in the same way until Lenne's 16th birthday, when she was announced at a gathering of nobles from all around Tal'dorei, she was one of many however to her knowledge she was the only one at this ball that had any trace of Elven heritage, this fact allowed her to stand out as many suitors competed to get her attention throughout the evening, despite her many attempts to dissuade a great many of them who she recognized were only interested in using her position as to be little more than a trophy wife.

Thankfully for her, in a event quite similar to the stories that her mother told her about how she met her father, she found a diamond in the rough when she was gathering her thoughts out in the cold of the courtyard. A slightly older man named Guthrak, perhaps in his late 20's, someone she had seen visiting her father at the estate next to what she could only assume was one of his generals. Regardless of his status she knew he was of a military background. But Lenne could see past the scars and rough exterior. His eyes shone with a kindness that was sadly missing from most of the nobles inside the ballroom. After some lengthy conversation, which then became regular written contact, into any excuse to visit each-other throughout the next few years. Eventually Lenne was able to convince Asgol to allow the marriage to go ahead, leading to a controversy that a common born was marrying into nobility. But Lenne cared not, Guthrak was the person she wanted to spend her life with.

Unfortunately for her, she was destined to not get her wish, although she was not privy to what was happening, she was able to garner that the greater Briarwood family was insisting that the estate to be used as a beachhead for an attack into Whitestone. Of course Asgol and Guthrak disagreed with the notion. However the choice was taken out of their hands when the Briarwood forces fell onto the estate butchering everyone in the night that will forever be engrained in Lenne's eyes, if it was not for the quick thinking of one of her maids she would of died in the carnage along with everyone else. However thanks to the maid she was able to escape with little more than the clothes on her back, and the Viol engraved with the Briarwood emblem that Guthrak commissioned for her on her latest birthday.

Under the guide of her maid, who she soon found out was an acting agent for another noble family, took her towards sanctuary, on their travels her worst fears were realized as she was lead to believe that nobody survived the attack. The Briarwoods claimed it to be a sneak attack by the De Rolo family in Whitestone, using it as an excuse to later occupy the city. With the Briarstone name in tatters, Lenne decided to instead of returning to the noble with her maid, took to the wilds hoping that people would believe her dead and not come looking for her.

Days turned to weeks, to months, to years, eventually decades. Lenne heard the tales of the fate of the Briarwoods, thankful that her family was avenged by the betrayal. But knowing she had nowhere to return, Lenne took on the path of becoming a Bard. The life grew on her quickly, living off her wit and her voice.

Now there are always tales of the Half-Elven bard who's songs touched the Tavern locals. Of people who were in need of aid to find it from a unlikely source. Despite regular proposals to settle down by those she met on her travels, Lenne was unable to convince herself to end her years of travelling, this is what she is now. No longer a Lady of the Briarwoods. Just... Lenne. The only thing tying her to her previous life, the Viol that her love got for her. Despite all logic, she was just unable to throw it away.

Vergil1989

For some reason your Mythweavers link isn't working as an actual link.  I can click it but it doesn't let me open anything, no new tab, nothing.  You'll have to fix that, and ALSO, you still kinda need to add more to your general history, as well as an actual hometown if you can even if it's somewhere across the sea in Wildemount, thus meaning you'll probably have to make it up if it's not already named since Campaign 2 started.  Otherwise I like her Silk.

It might be because you have your sheet set to private, or there's something wrong with the link itself.

Snake.  I think you're pretty good as is, so you're free to join in on the fun barring any character stat shuffling or what have you if me and Keys sees an issue there, but I doubt that'll be a problem.  Feel free to join the OOC and the roster whenever you get a chance.  Adios!

IMPORTANT

I'm gonna try to get the first IC post up today, so if you don't have your sheet done yet, don't panic.  I'm hoping for a somewhat slow game, with people posting at least once a round in no particular order before I get a post up again as your lovely DM before starting at the 'top of the initiative order'.  Overall though once a week is the minimum, but if you're going to be absent just let myself and Keys know as best you can so we can plan around ya.  I'm not sure how we'll handle actual combat just yet, but we'll have time to figure it out since I'm not expecting anything too crazy for a while, unless of course someone decides to cause a riot or something lol.

Vergil1989

Hey, since I bumped up the number from 6 to 7, we could use a dedicated cleric of some kind, if not just a general healer/support type of Paladin, whichever you guys and gals prefer.  We HAVE gotten the main IC thread started, but we've ONLY just begun, so there's more than enough time to get caught up.  For now, help is available for anyone who needs it to get their sheets together, so don't hesitate to ask if you need a hand if you're new to D&D 5e.  See ya!

Ershin

Quote from: Vergil1989 on November 03, 2018, 08:54:05 PM
Hey, since I bumped up the number from 6 to 7, we could use a dedicated cleric of some kind, if not just a general healer/support type of Paladin, whichever you guys and gals prefer.  We HAVE gotten the main IC thread started, but we've ONLY just begun, so there's more than enough time to get caught up.  For now, help is available for anyone who needs it to get their sheets together, so don't hesitate to ask if you need a hand if you're new to D&D 5e.  See ya!

Ooh, nice. I'd love the opportunity to play a Cleric if this is still open.

Vergil1989

Ershin

Huzzah! It's getting a little late on my end so I'll get something up either tomorrow evening or some time on Saturday at the latest.

Vergil1989

Cool, welcome aboard and take your time, we're still in the first few posts, so don't sweat the delay.  :D

Ershin

Personal Information

Name: Eran Whispermouse
Race:  Halfling (Ghostwise)
Orientation/Sexuality: She's not sure, never really had any experience with it
General Description: 3'2" tall, black hair (usually concealed by her hood) and blue eyes. Her skin is... probably fair and unblemished under all her layers of clothing but at times it's hard to tell. Underneath her clothes on her hips and shoulders are several gold-inked tattoos of geometric shapes, circles and upside-down crescents. Her scarf rarely leaves her person, one of the few items she has left that reminds her of her family it was supposedly fashioned from a blanket she had as a baby, atop which lies her holy sybol showing a horn of plenty on one side and a bag of gold on the other.

Class: Cleric (Trickery Domain)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Character Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1748559

Additional Information: It's fairly easy to tell when she's lying as she tries to pull her scarf up over her mouth when she does so. As she is aware of her tell, when playing games of chance she will almost always do this from the moment the game starts.

History
Family: Her aunt Callie is her closest living relative. By distance, rather than familial connection as this is who she resides with in Emon along with her cousins. The rest of her family are in Stillben.
Hometown: Emon currently, orignally Stillben
A little about personality: Eran typically gives the outer appearance of a shy girl of small stature with a somewhat nervous disposition. She typically dislikes showing off too much skin and will avoid going to public baths even if they are seperated by gender. A soldier would notice her trait of her eyes darting about a room when she first enters it looking for exits, however a thief would recognise it as looking for where the most valuable items are.  She doesn't stutter but dislikes being the loudest voice in the room, preferring to pass on information she wished to contribute to a louder ally so she can avoid being the centre of attention.
General Life Story: When she had been younger, her aunt Callie had taken her from her home in Stillben where her father was a cleric in the church of Yondalla. Though it wasn't so much a church as it was a wagon from which he performed regular sermons for the Halfling population as long as the wizard who led the community permitted it. There had been no trouble thus far so the arrangement continued, with a percentage of the alms being delivered to Addan as tribute for continuing to permit him to do so. Callie had taken an interest in the young Halfling, how she liked to sneak about the family's home and secret little things away from her parents without their notice.

Her aunt visited the family regularly as she grew, the girl eventually learning her aunt was also a cleric of Yondalla in the city of Emon. She would tell Eran secrets that she was to keep from her friends and family, though they were never crucial ones considering the lord of the land had a way of hearing what was whispered behind doors, eventually bringing her to Emon on a visit from time to time to her own little congregation. There she was tasked with more important secrets to keep, and even small acts of sneaking and subterfuge her aunt would ask of her, simple things such as taking an apple from a vendor's stall without being caught. When she eventually was on her first attempt Callie was there with enough coin to buy the apple, or the cob of corn or the small trinket, but she seemed elated when the girl was able to do so without notice before handing it to a rather hungry looking street urchin in a little rag.

As she grew and flitted between the two communities she began to notice something about her father's wagon, the symbol of Yondalla. Whenever the siblings would talk in the way Ghostwise Halflings did, wordlessly, she noticed that Callie would nudge the symbol, almost as though it was built to turn around.
The first rule about that and the sliding door of her own establishment, Eran learned, was that none but Halflings must know about that.

Eran eventually moved to Emon full time, taking vows as a cleric in her aunt's small congregation after finding out the secret of their particular sect and their deity, and was taught further in the true patron of her family, the other side of the coin kept secret and safe, part of Yondalla but not Yondalla, whose church existed within the safety of the patron of their pantheon. Through this time she had become a cleric of Yondalla first, that was true enough, for praying to one was the same as praying to the other, but the truth of the matter was that she now served Dallah Thaun. She was taught further in the ways of thievery, to act silently and to not harm who they stole from unless it could be avoided, to never steal from the poor and the most important tenet of the Lady of Mystery - Don't get caught.

Vergil1989

Welcome to the madness madam Ershin.  OOC post and get her up on the roster, then you're good to go.  ;D