Transformation Central - Help me design some minorly cursed magical items

Started by Kimmy, October 05, 2018, 11:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimmy

Sooo I've got some magical items to use in a game & I want them to have minor curses. Not Swords of Berserker Rage or Shields of Attracting Arrows - but fun & silliness, preferably with the theme of transformation (Altering appearance, gender, race, giving athro or animal aspects, minor personality tweaks - like a Charisma headdress that makes you sometimes speak in the language of the creature it was made from when your stressed - and similar shenanigans).

I'm hoping to make small groups of items that when used together, have minor curses that add up towards one transformation. So ponyboots might make you taller, a vest might alter your torso to have a more womanly or manly set of curves, gloves might lend you slender fingers & delicate hands. A lions belt might offer you lions strength & also sprout a lion's tail. A necklace of charm might give you wonderful charming words - and a softer or deeper voice...

Skin, hair or eye colour might change towards some theme...

I'm hoping to come up with some themes towards animals & monsters. Much in the same vein we might dress up as petplay & ponyplay items, only with more of a corruption of champions kinda feel in permanent tweaked TFs. Also being curses, silliness might come from ideas like a headdress or circlet that always makes your hair grow out to your lower back when you put it on, so you constantly have to cut your hair every morning... Or change's it colour slowly, the longer you wear it.

I'd love some themes around elemental steeds (lightning horses, nightmares, dragon ponys, winter wolves or similarly big creatures). I also really need help thinking up what sort of items might cause the effects. How would that kind of tf be represented within the item's appearance & function? Dragons might have scaled items but what about wolf or griffon? Mmm...

So if you have some ideas, fire away & lets see if we can inspire some shenanigans.
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Al Terego

I understand that this post is a year old, but if you're still interested, I have some material that may fit the bill.

Mathim

How about a lie-detecting ring that works by making your nose grow when someone else lies to you?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Giantmutantcrab

Weapon of pride?

Always gotta pick a fight with the biggest baddest opponent out there?