The Light Category

Started by lux89, September 28, 2018, 10:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lux89

If the sexual content under Light category remains Light, but the story content like witchcraft -- nothing
to do with sex -- are dark and violent, is that still allowed to post under Light category?

Thank you!

Oniya

Depending on how dark and violent - a story that involves no sex at all but has content that is sufficiently violent (like detailed descriptions of mutilation, cannibalism, excessive gore) would be more appropriately placed in the [EX] board.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

lux89

I see, what if it were Potterverse-related? Example, an interested player used these in a character sheet: Sectuminterna: similar to Sectumsempra except it causes internal bleeding as opposed to external cuts; developed partly on herself and with animal testing (mainly rats). Reducto Corporis: variant of Reducto spell used to blast living beings into pieces; developed by 'blowing up' test subjects (mostly cockroaches).

Should I as a GM allow it with a warning or ix-nay this entirely altogether? The reason I ask is because with Ilvermorny lore, there is a magical creature called a Hidebehind that specializes in gutting its humanoid victims. I don't go into detail with it, but I did point out it exists. So as long as the players don't go into graphic detail, is this allowable?

Oniya

There are definitely ways to have such a thing without going into specific details.  Focusing on a character's reaction to what they see, rather than describing the visual aspect is quite effective. 

You might want to explain to the player that she will have to keep this in mind when writing her posts, in case this affects what spells she wants to incorporate.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Nowherewoman

My own personal rule is that, if I expect the story even might get bloody, I put it in EX, regardless.  You'll never get called out for a story being too SOFT for the section it's in, but the other direction is a possible danger.
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

lux89

Thank you everyone!! That answers my question ;D