You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 12, 2018, 09:48:54 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: External linking?  (Read 311 times)

Offline SweetlyPetiteTopic starter

• The Jack of most trades
  • Lord
  • Seduced
  • Always looking for a good session.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
External linking?
« on: September 16, 2018, 02:37:28 AM »
So, I'm making a come back, and I've been working on an Google doc that contains varies bits and bobs for role playing. Mainly characters, bit of lore, scenarios, settings, etc. I figured this was a good idea because I'll have this document in case I ever look beyond E for RPing, formatting is a bit easier, and I've taken some time to make it look nice. However, I'd completely forgotten about this site's policy on external links and whatnot. That's fine and dandy, tis' a safety precaution that I respect. However, I was browsing some ads and whatnot and took note of the fact that, some people are able to link external sites and whatnot, specifically F-list. This fuddled me, I quickly glanced back at the rules and noted that under the condition a site links back, one may make use of such links.

I've been toying around with linking and whatnot, and cannot get such things to work for the life of me. I'm willing to try to look into other options within E but, first I'd like to see if I could solve this issue. How does one "link back" a site so that external links may show? Does the site F-list exclusively work with E? Is it possible I could get my Google doc link up as I had initially planned? Additionally, I've made an F-list. If there's no way for me to link up the doc, how would I go about linking up my F-list?

Offline Nico

• Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) #Terrible #SorryNotSorry #MuseCrack. #NSFShades #EclipseTwin - Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #BlameMads #Coffee #IWantToBelieve
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: External linking?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 02:44:18 AM »
You can always put up such information in your O/Os. Those are only accessible for approved members and thus, not considered public. Or in your profile. That also only can be accessed by approved members.

I hope this helps. :-)

Offline Oniya

Re: External linking?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 12:21:04 PM »
A 'link back' is as simple as including a link in the external document that points back to Elliquiy.  I don't know F-list very well or what text-fields it provides, but something as simple as the following will suffice:

'I write at Elliquiy!'

Code: [Select]
I write at [url=https://elliquiy.com]Elliquiy[/url]!